"Vaping'

John Gentleman

John Gentleman

Been trying to give up the fags for years ? always unsucessfully, usually after a day or two.

So I thought I'd give it another crack. Went to the the doc and he gave me a prescription for nicotine patches (you can buy them off-the-shelf in OZ but they're a lot cheaper with a 'script). They helped a bit ? I cut down to about 5/6 fags a day but I couldn't quite clear that final hurdle......

As I Googled the 'Quit' sites I noticed more and more the words 'e-cigs' and 'vaping' cropping up. So my attention turned to them.

To cut a long story short, I'm now happily vaping away and haven't lit a fag in 4+ weeks. I don't even feel the urge to light one. All I do is mix my favourite 'baccy juice with my desired quantity of nicotine juice (I aim for 12mg) and seconds later I'm happily vaping. I feel 300% better, my wallet's heavier and my teeth are turning a strange, white colour.

What's others' experiences?

Aye they work a treat - only issue if you forget to take them on a night out then you'll end up buying cigs. Its a replacement for smoking, not a tool to stop. They're also right popular at tense football matches. Think mine was passed repeatedly between about ten folk at the final :lol:

Which ones are you using? I'm on the iCig.

Alos, opened this thread in case it was about... ahem.... 'other' kinds of vaping. Would be very interested to hear about that.

I was for 2 months last year, I then moved onto Champix and stopped completely - they work really well but I had horrible side effects. The only problem with vaping is I think I was taking in a lot more nicotine, I had a Tank and it was like sitting with a pipe hanging out of my mouth, miles better than fags though.

John Gentleman

Aye they work a treat - only issue if you forget to take them on a night out then you'll end up buying cigs. Its a replacement for smoking, not a tool to stop. They're also right popular at tense football matches. Think mine was passed repeatedly between about ten folk at the final :lol:

Alos, opened this thread in case it was about... ahem.... 'other' kinds of vaping. Would be very interested to hear about that.

Got two of these...

The top bit

...and two of these..

The bottom bit

Looks like vaping is pretty well established in the UK (don't know about the 'other' kind of vaping, but I think I can guess). Getting popular here too but it's bit stymied due to government regulations. Vendors can sell e-juice, but only with 0% nic. However, it's quite legal to import as much as you want for "personal consumption". A bit daft when it's OK to buy a pack of 'lethal analogues' at the local corner shop, no?.

Haven't got the problem of returning to fags if I forget my vaper ? I carry a couple of nic patches in my wallet! :)

BoJack Horseman

What would you like to know?

What would you like to know?

Everything really :)

Suggested brands & models, cost/benefit ratio on those, reliability, wear & tear. Have got an Eagle Jack (or whatever its called) glass felly just now but its easy to burn the substance which just makes it a pipe really, eh? Willing to spend a wee bit but not hundreds as I'm a relatively light indulger.

Have read about the flight box, IOlite and a couple of others but they seem to get mixed reviews. Saw what looks like a beauty made by Pax but its US sales only.

BoJack Horseman

Everything really :)

Suggested brands & models, cost/benefit ratio on those, reliability, wear & tear. Have got an Eagle Jack (or whatever its called) glass felly just now but its easy to burn the substance which just makes it a pipe really, eh? Willing to spend a wee bit but not hundreds as I'm a relatively light indulger.

Have read about the flight box, IOlite and a couple of others but they seem to get mixed reviews. Saw what looks like a beauty made by Pax but its US sales only.

I own the flight box, a generic table top number, and a bulb style one.

Bought the MFLB after rave reviews but I'm not a big fan tbh. It's discreet, so I use it when out and about but I'd never choose to use it in the house. Far too expensive for what it is as well. The bulb was under a fiver and was good to see what affect vaping has. Again, I wouldn't use it in the house, makes me feel like a junkie and isn't very efficient. By far and away the best one is the table top vape. It plugs into the mains and has a variable heat setting (with digital display), which lets you precisely pick your heat and ultimately how cooked it gets. Picked it up for around 20 sheets on ebay about 2 years ago, still works a charm.

Cheers Walter, just what I was looking for. What brand is the mains powered one?

Agree on the bulb / pipe too - looks like what I imagine a crack pipe to be

BoJack Horseman

Cheers Walter, just what I was looking for. What brand is the mains powered one?

Agree on the bulb / pipe too - looks like what I imagine a crack pipe to be

It was just a generic one from ebay. No specific brand. Pretty much this one here. ?27.49 all in. MFLB was 4 times that and less effective in my opinion.

Archived