Tommy, the who musical

tommythejambo

tommythejambo

It's my dad's birthday tomorrow, and I just thought of a cracking last minute present. He's a massive who fan and doesn't have this one.

Does anyone know of anywhere that stocks this or may have it on DVD?

Maybe one of the JKB Mods could help. :whistling:

Think the likes of HMV would stock it. They always have copies of Quadrophenia on DVD. :thumbsup:

Just looked at HMV in st.james centre they have Tommy by Tho live at ?16. :thumbsup:

tommythejambo

I've seen quadrophenia loads of times in shops, but don't think I've ever seen Tommy.

I P Knightley

It's my dad's birthday tomorrow, and I just thought of a cracking last minute present. He's a massive who fan and doesn't have this one.

Does anyone know of anywhere that stocks this or may have it on DVD?

If you've no joy on the DVD front (and, really, what Who fan hasn't got a copy or a recording of Tommy?), you could always pre-order Pete's autobiography for him with the valid excuse that it's not released until next Friday.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pete-Townshend-Who-I-Am/dp/000746603X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349294636&sr=8-1

I've seen quadrophenia loads of times in shops, but don't think I've ever seen Tommy.

Tommy live for ?16 at HMV in St James centre. :thumbsup:

Sorry mate, its currently out of stock jus had another wee look. :(

tommythejambo

If you've no joy on the DVD front (and, really, what Who fan hasn't got a copy or a recording of Tommy?), you could always pre-order Pete's autobiography for him with the valid excuse that it's not released until next Friday.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pete-Townshend-Who-I-Am/dp/000746603X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349294636&sr=8-1

I'm pretty sure he's got a copy of the live version, was more looking for the film.

That could be a good back up shout though.

I P Knightley

I'm pretty sure he's got a copy of the live version, was more looking for the film.

That could be a good back up shout though.

Can't wait to get my hands on the book myself.

I've got the film on DVD, hard drive plus a back up of the hard drive - I don't even rate the movie. Went last year to see a live performance of it by Roger Daltrey and his (other) band. Brilliant!!

Just in case he hasn't got this, it's worth a punt to get hands on it. Full live performances of Tommy and Quadrophenia.

Archived