Zidane statue in Paris

Ecce Romanov

WTF indeed :lol:

Best player i have ever seen in my life time, you can keep you're messi and ronaldo.

not blessed with pace but my god technically he was simply awesome!

Out of everything he's done they chose that! From the world cup final that France lost

Absolutely! That was arguably the moment that lost the the WC!

What next? The Cantona kick at Crystal Palace????

It doesn't say who commissioned the piece, so I presume there is something political behind the choice other than his unquestionable ability.

It doesn't say who commissioned the piece, so I presume there is something political behind the choice other than his unquestionable ability.

Zidane is from Marseille, the sculpter is Algerian.

I'm guessing this is probably a statement.

Zidane is from Marseille, the sculpter is Algerian.

I'm guessing this is probably a statement.

Yep, it's a temporary exhibit, not a lifelong tribute to the man.

:lol:

Excellent, only Zidane could get away with chucking a World Cup final with a moment of rage like that.

Best footballer ever in my lifetime IMO, and I happily include Messi and Ronaldo on that list.

A statue of his winning strike in the 2002 Champions League Final may have been more appropriate.

His goals in the WC final 1998 if it's a French thing.

Headbut though? crazy!

Absolutely love the man, but me favourite photo of him is where he is sent off and walks past the World Cup without looking at it! It just sums him up perfectly at that point of his career!

Certainly deserves a statute in Paris but, although it was hilarious, probably doesn't want reminding of that

A statute ... Zinadine's Law, or something?

A statue of his winning strike in the 2002 Champions League Final may have been more appropriate.

Off the top of my head I can't think of too many better goals technically. To plant your foot and swivel like that...not easy.

Bergkamp against Newcastle and another one of his at Filbert Street?

Tierry Henry against Man United at Highbury where he flicked it up and volleyed it in one motion?

Zidane was perfection with the ball at his feet. The only one who could be considered an equal (or better) with the ball in my era is Maradona.

Expert on the subject

Absolutely! That was arguably the moment that lost the the WC!

What next? The Cantona kick at Crystal Palace????

Now that would be awsome !

Archived