Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Harvey and slater have walked out of the Emergency meeting at Bute House, have they been thrown out, or walked?

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Harvey said he would quit if party ended the power sharing agreement.......GOOD!

Even though it might mean an increase in popularity of the SNP I’ll take that hit . Get rid of them . Dangerous people . 

IMG_4907.gif

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, TallPaul said:

You forgot to mention the Scottish Resistance.

and The Roxy International Brigade 

manaliveits105

Humza Yousaf has ended the SNP’s coalition deal with the Scottish Greens after a stormy three year partnership.

The First Minister called time on the partnership after a meeting with Green leaders.

He will meet his Cabinet at 8.30am.

Yousaf intervened after the Scottish Greens announced plans for a vote of their own members on the deal.

Minority administration now 

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Humza Yousaf has ended the SNP’s coalition deal with the Scottish Greens after a stormy three year partnership.

The First Minister called time on the partnership after a meeting with Green leaders.

Yousaf intervened after the Scottish Greens announced plans for a vote of their own members on the deal.

Agree with Humza for the first time. 

That green mob were poisonous 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

FMQ will be bloodbath today!  but at least this is the best thing for the country and the Environment,  The Gov can actually concentrate on deliverables instead of pronoun politics

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

SNP  threw them out

I wonder who is pulling Humza's strings?

I ask as I don't think he had the cajones to do this himself.

You could tell it was over in the way Harvie and Slater left Bute house. They didn't answer the journalist asking them questions, but they didn't need too. It was written allover their faces.

Lord Montpelier

If the Greens have any dirt on the SNP we might be about to find out. 

Roxy Hearts
11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

and The Roxy International Brigade 

🤣👍

JudyJudyJudy

Well played Humza ! Now I don’t say that much ! But credit where credit is due . Now let’s hope the greens and their poisonous policies are consigned  to the dustbin ! A nice green environmentally friendly one . 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

FMQ will be bloodbath today!  but at least this is the best thing for the country and the Environment,  The Gov can actually concentrate on deliverables instead of pronoun politics

Hopefully they more forward ! 

henryheart
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Which is exactly what the voting system used in Scottish Government was intended to produce; decisions taken with a wider general consensus for the good of Scotland as a whole. The SNP single agenda of independence no matter what the cost and which drove it to empower a party that hardly gained any votes has got us to where we are now. Hopefully the checks and balances that will now force the Government to listen to a wider perspective will benefit us all, no matter what our political views.  

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well played Humza ! Now I don’t say that much ! But credit where credit is due . Now let’s hope the greens and their poisonous policies are consigned  to the dustbin ! A nice green environmentally friendly one . 

You actually have to give credit where credit is due, Humza was decisive for once.  His hand was forced, but if he waited until the Greens quit first, even though Pat and lorna wanted to remain in power, and Humza needed the votes.  Humza would have looked weak.  But now this will get those disgruntled within his own Party on-side and those who would have been happy for the agreement, wont be too bothered now.

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, henryheart said:

Which is exactly what the voting system used in Scottish Government was intended to produce; decisions taken with a wider general consensus for the good of Scotland as a whole. The SNP single agenda of independence no matter what the cost and which drove it to empower a party that hardly gained any votes has got us to where we are now. Hopefully the checks and balances that will now force the Government to listen to a wider perspective will benefit us all, no matter what our political views.  

Its a good day for the country regardless of what colour your rosette gives your private place a tickle

AyrJambo
1 hour ago, TallPaul said:

You forgot to mention the Scottish Resistance.

We never mention them I didn't post this and this conversation never took place 😄

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Its a good day for the country regardless of what colour your rosette gives your private place a tickle

👍

lost in space
10 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

As I posted earlier in the thread...

The route now is the assertion of our inalienable right to self-determination enshrined in the Claim of Right via a constitutional convention and pro-independence parties standing on a manifesto commitment that a vote for them is a vote to declare independence and start negotiations

Once a settlement has been agreed then a confirmatory referendum to be held in Scotland, by Holyrood, with a franchise that takes some account of nationality and residency - e.g  you were born here, one of your parents or grandparents were born here or you have had your main residence here for perhaps 10 years

Not crazy at all

The SNP have lost many thousands of members and who knows how many voters but most of those people still want independence

They won't vote SNP though because they don't believe the SNP are a vehicle to independence or they cannot reconcile the batshit gender policies currently being forced through by the party and their Green puppermasters

Perhaps I wasnt clear with my posts -

1. When I asked what "route to goal" - I meant, since SNP has only part of the Indy support - how will the Indy voters get what they want? What "political vehicle" (not a bus) will be used, if not the SNP.  Will another party emerge?

2. The second quote of mine was a jocular (well, it was an meant to be) comment to JJJ, who said that SNP had made mistakes (or something akin to that).

Anyway - Greens oot has to be good news for all.

Mikey1874

The Greens also have a chance to review their strategy. Committing to independence first under Sturgeon certainly not repaid. Maybe focus on environmental campaigning again. 

TallPaul
33 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Who will think up the creepy sex questions now to ask the kids?

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Who will think up the creepy sex questions now to ask the kids?

There's still a few in the snp to do this that need weeded out

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Greens also have a chance to review their strategy. Committing to independence first under Sturgeon certainly not repaid. Maybe focus on environmental campaigning again. 

Good question what next for the Greens?  With the SNP updating their facebook status as Single before they were dumped by the Greens.  But the vote the Greens were planning would have caused a chasm inside their own party, Slater and Harvey would have quit had they lost their gravy boat positions.   The Greens used that power to push through costly and unworkable Environmental policies that were just crazy.  Also the Gender reform issue is important to some, but to Criminalise the majority just because one gets a pronoun wrong.  The Greens need to go back to basics, but this morning they will be furious with the SNP and will be fighting over the coming weeks as to who gets the Cockapoodle and the Lisa Minelli records.

The Greens to have a future need to look at the little changes to the environment, that make a huge difference.

AyrJambo
3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Perhaps I wasnt clear with my posts -

1. When I asked what "route to goal" - I meant, since SNP has only part of the Indy support - how will the Indy voters get what they want? What "political vehicle" (not a bus) will be used, if not the SNP.  Will another party emerge?

2. The second quote of mine was a jocular (well, it was an meant to be) comment to JJJ, who said that SNP had made mistakes (or something akin to that).

Anyway - Greens oot has to be good news for all.

Campervan I would think!! 😄

I think we need some kind of constitutional convention similar to what happened on the road to devolution with political parties engaging and supporting (although the  SNP famously never took part first time round)

Not just political parties but trade unions (do we still have them?), civic bodies, local government, campaign groups, peoples representation to take a serious look at the constitutional realities of the UK and hammer out a strategy which will actually deliver independence

Then put that to the people

Anything green getting dumped always good 😉

Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Good question what next for the Greens?  With the SNP updating their facebook status as Single before they were dumped by the Greens.  But the vote the Greens were planning would have caused a chasm inside their own party, Slater and Harvey would have quit had they lost their gravy boat positions.   The Greens used that power to push through costly and unworkable Environmental policies that were just crazy.  Also the Gender reform issue is important to some, but to Criminalise the majority just because one gets a pronoun wrong.  The Greens need to go back to basics, but this morning they will be furious with the SNP and will be fighting over the coming weeks as to who gets the Cockapoodle and the Lisa Minelli records.

The Greens to have a future need to look at the little changes to the environment, that make a huge difference.

Good point about avoiding a divisive vote for the Greens.

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

There's still a few in the snp to do this that need weeded out

This is true . 

7 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

“ it’s Liza with a Z not Lisa was an S “ !!!  Please !!! 

IMG_8238.gif

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Lord Montpelier
8 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

I think we need some kind of constitutional convention similar to what happened on the road to devolution with political parties engaging and supporting (although the  SNP famously never took part first time round)

Not just political parties but trade unions (do we still have them?), civic bodies, local government, campaign groups, peoples representation to take a serious look at the constitutional realities of the UK and hammer out a strategy which will actually deliver independence

The first constitutional debate we need is to ask a question about the value of Holyrood

AyrJambo
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

...feral potato Patrick Harvie...

😄😄😄

AyrJambo
3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

The first constitutional debate we need is to ask a question about the value of Holyrood

Valid point as long as the same question is posed on the value of Westminster

lost in space
3 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

Thanks for your reply. I couldnt imagine how the Indy vote (currently the majority of voters, according to poll) would be able to take forward without all supporting a single party. I understand your idea, re constitutional convention - but I cant see any person or group strong enough to do so.  Alex Salmond wont be able to do so and Joanne Cherry is too divisive.  It is certainly not in the interests of the SNP or any of their MP/MSPs - due to individual self interest.

Steven Flynn might see this as his opportunity to make a challenge to be the LEADER of a new party.

Any ideas who could make this happen?

JudyJudyJudy

If ever there was an example of being drunk on power the greens were . They thought they were Brenda big baws and now they are dumped . Can’t wait to see their ugly puses on tv trying to save face , esp that weasel Harvey and Greer . 

Mikey1874

SNP 'sold out' future generations - Greenspublished at 09:37

09:37

Scottish Greens co-leader Lorna Slater has just confirmed the end of the Bute House agreement and accused the SNP of "selling out future generations".

She said: “This is an act of political cowardice by the SNP, who are selling out future generations to appease the most reactionary forces in the country.

"They have broken the bonds of trust with members of both parties who have twice chosen the co-operation agreement and climate action over chaos, culture wars and division. They have betrayed the electorate."

She said that the first minister ended the agreement in "such a weak and thoroughly hopeless way" which "signalled that when it comes to political co-operation, he can no longer be trusted."

We've been let down by SNP time and time again'published at 09:45

09:45
In a lengthy statement marking the end of the power-sharing agreement between the SNP and Scottish Greens, Lorna Slater goes on to say that the Scottish Greens were due to vote on the co-operation agreement in the coming weeks.

However, she says they will no longer have the opportunity because of "the most reactionary and backwards-looking forces within the First Minister’s party" which "forced him to do the opposite of what he himself had said was in Scotland’s best interests".

She adds: "If they can’t stand up to members of their own party, how can anyone expect them to stand up to the UK government at Westminster and defend the interests of Scotland?"

Slater says the Scottish Greens were "let down by the SNP time and time again" on a variety of issues including oil and gas targets and council tax.

She ends the statement by urging SNP members who cared about the climate, trans rights and independence to consider whether they were in the right party.

AyrJambo
3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Thanks for your reply. I couldnt imagine how the Indy vote (currently the majority of voters, according to poll) would be able to take forward without all supporting a single party. I understand your idea, re constitutional convention - but I cant see any person or group strong enough to do so.  Alex Salmond wont be able to do so and Joanne Cherry is too divisive.  It is certainly not in the interests of the SNP or any of their MP/MSPs - due to individual self interest.

Steven Flynn might see this as his opportunity to make a challenge to be the LEADER of a new party.

Any ideas who could make this happen?

@Roxy Hearts

Edited by AyrJambo
additional info

AyrJambo
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

If ever there was an example of being drunk on power the greens were . They thought they were Brenda big baws and now they are dumped . Can’t wait to see their ugly puses on tv trying to save face , esp that weasel Harvey and Greer . 

This

Hagar the Horrible
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

This is true . 

“ it’s Liza with a Z not Lisa was an S “ !!!  Please !!! 

IMG_8238.gif

Sorry Ms Garland

AyrJambo
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

SNP 'sold out' future generations - Greenspublished at 09:37

09:37

Scottish Greens co-leader Lorna Slater has just confirmed the end of the Bute House agreement and accused the SNP of "selling out future generations".

She said: “This is an act of political cowardice by the SNP, who are selling out future generations to appease the most reactionary forces in the country.

"They have broken the bonds of trust with members of both parties who have twice chosen the co-operation agreement and climate action over chaos, culture wars and division. They have betrayed the electorate."

She said that the first minister ended the agreement in "such a weak and thoroughly hopeless way" which "signalled that when it comes to political co-operation, he can no longer be trusted."

We've been let down by SNP time and time again'published at 09:45

09:45
In a lengthy statement marking the end of the power-sharing agreement between the SNP and Scottish Greens, Lorna Slater goes on to say that the Scottish Greens were due to vote on the co-operation agreement in the coming weeks.

However, she says they will no longer have the opportunity because of "the most reactionary and backwards-looking forces within the First Minister’s party" which "forced him to do the opposite of what he himself had said was in Scotland’s best interests".

She adds: "If they can’t stand up to members of their own party, how can anyone expect them to stand up to the UK government at Westminster and defend the interests of Scotland?"

Slater says the Scottish Greens were "let down by the SNP time and time again" on a variety of issues including oil and gas targets and council tax.

She ends the statement by urging SNP members who cared about the climate, trans rights and independence to consider whether they were in the right party.

Me today...

SNL gif. Kenan Thompson in thick rimmed glasses and a bow tie nods energetically while eating popcorn like he's excited or maybe a little anxious and intense.

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

Me today...

SNL gif. Kenan Thompson in thick rimmed glasses and a bow tie nods energetically while eating popcorn like he's excited or maybe a little anxious and intense.

Does say a lot when both nationalists and unionists seem to be in agreement on the Scottish greens

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Does say a lot when both nationalists and unionists seem to be in agreement on the Scottish greens

It will force the Government into implementing grown up policies that get cross party agreements.  Vanity projects are very important to some, but certain things are just more important all over, One would hope the SNP, labour and even The Toareez need to review whats important to all.  As for the Lib-Dems, who cares?  they policies are just based on a popular vote in any case

Australis

Stv news.

Lorna Slater launched a scathing attack on Humza Yousaf saying he can no longer be trusted.

😀😃😀😄😃😄😃😀😀😄😃

It's a Mexican standoff Greengo.

Now the two sets of lying parasites detest each other.

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Humza Yousef press conference about to start.

its just a list of things he thinks he has done? he is making no points, its a party Political broadcast on behalf of the useless party

Hagar the Horrible

He still thinks he can work with the Greens....AYE-RIGHT

Hagar the Horrible

I hate the point that is spewed out the the WM parties in Scotland are depriving the PEOPLE of their right?  So to be clear are voters who vote for Labour, Tory or Lib-Dem parties are not People?  do their votes not count that the don't want it?  he then wants to be inclusive to all, but clearly not to those who vote for other parties.

He did come across as its not you, it's me I just need to find some space, I still love you but I cannot go on like this and we need to see other people now.  Its like a 20yo something dumping an abusive partner

Edited by Hagar the Horrible
spelling

Australis

Could this be the day Krankie gets arrested.

Needs a big story to deflect from that, if it ever happens.

John Findlay
49 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

Me today...

So she put trans rights(which rights don't they have, that we all have?), before independence.

Lorna you are as good as two women missing.

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Not well played at all. He was forced into this before the greens dumped him and his. 

Japan Jambo

Hope the bus he threw them under was a diesel one. Sensible piece of conscious uncoupling by all parties though.

Lone Striker
58 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

If ever there was an example of being drunk on power the greens were . They thought they were Brenda big baws and now they are dumped . Can’t wait to see their ugly puses on tv trying to save face , esp that weasel Harvey and Greer

Very much so, James.    I wouldn't be surprised if Greer starts manouvering for the top job.   

38 minutes ago, Australis said:

Stv news.

Lorna Slater launched a scathing attack on Humza Yousaf saying he can no longer be trusted.

😀😃😀😄😃😄😃😀😀😄😃

It's a Mexican standoff Greengo.

Now the two sets of lying parasites detest each other.

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

:qqb006:     The big question now - is the SNP more "progressive" than the Greens,    or vice versa  ? 

And what does "progressive" actually mean ?   :whistling:

AyrJambo
Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

Not well played at all. He was forced into this before the greens dumped him and his. 

He is all over the place!

Last week the Bute House Agreement was vital to Scotland and the Greens were worth their weight in gold

Would like to know who's pulling the strings