Under 20s lose again

hmfc4life1991

Hearts under 20s lost 1-0 tonight to Falkirk in the under 20s league, only goal was an 87th minute penalty scored by Dale Fulton

Hearts team was: Hamilton, A.King, Mullen, McKay, McHattie, Tapping, B.King (Oliver 66) Holt, Carrick, Walker, Nicolson.

Fraser Mullen was sent off for deliberate handball which lead to the penalty

I thought Dale Fulton was brought to us after being recommended by his auldman? Obviously not.

We really are bad in all departments right now!

I thought Dale Fulton was brought to us after being recommended by his auldman? Obviously not.

We really are bad in all departments right now!

Pretty sure we released the 2 Fulton boys a couple years ago then they joined Falkirk

Pretty sure we released the 2 Fulton boys a couple years ago then they joined Falkirk

Were they not tall enough? :teehee:

Bit us on the arse it seems.

A ******* pound for one beef stock cube in about a litre of water

:boak:

That's a disgrace, where was it played??

Even Cambuslang Rangers do proper Bovril.

:boak:

That's a disgrace, where was it played??

Even Cambuslang Rangers do proper Bovril.

Newtongrange!

Snakey Pressley was skulking about as well. Wasn't a great night mate :(

jamboinglasgow

Steve Fulton was a youth coach for us, left for Falkirk to take a coaching position there and took his sons with him. We didn't release them. At least thats the story I have heard.

Newtongrange!

You went to watch this when you could have been getting peshed in Dalkeith with me. sad.gif

You went to watch this when you could have been getting peshed in Dalkeith with me. sad.gif

I'm a family man now mate I've got no time for this drinking lark!

Didn't know you were out on the lash until I was at the game drinking my bovril :seething:

I'm a family man now mate I've got no time for this drinking lark!

idn't know you were out on the lash until I was at the game drinking my bovril :seething:

Bovril?

boak.gif

First drink since Liverpool for me tonight. ohmy.gif

When's the golfer's night out?

Bovril?

boak.gif

First drink since Liverpool for me tonight. ohmy.gif

When's the golfer's night out?

Aye didn't you read the rest of the thread :lol:

Liverpool seems a longtime ago now :( get a night out for that sorted. After a home game? I'm due you a beer or 2 anyway!

Newtongrange!

Jesus mate that's a horrible night.

Rather you than me. :thumbsdown:

Steve Fulton was a youth coach for us, left for Falkirk to take a coaching position there and took his sons with him. We didn't release them. At least thats the story I have heard.

Fulton was a youth coach and both his sons were here. Jay was injured and just back playing when John Murray released him. It's fair to say Stevie was raging....he left as did Dale.

Fair to say NOT an amicable parting of the ways and still a less than loving relationship.

Fulton was a youth coach and both his sons were here. Jay was injured and just back playing when John Murray released him. It's fair to say Stevie was raging....he left as did Dale.

Fair to say NOT an amicable parting of the ways and still a less than loving relationship.

What I'd heard Meadows was that Fults wasn't happy at not being given a coaching role at Hearts so took the lads with him when he left. Apparently a good, hungry (ahem) coach and his lads very decent talents (though that's by the by in a way)

FWIW, I think it was a bad move from Hearts. I think guys like Fulton, Allan Johnston etc should be cutting their teeth with Hearts, earning their badges and so on. We have a chance with these guys to mold coaches how we want them. If they go on to other things, great, they may be back. They may work their way through the ranks and we have ready made 1st team coaches. Someone should be overseeing the development of our coaches as much as our players. I know the club don't exactly have any long term policies, but along with the academy approach it seems like a no-brainer to me. I don't mind the Murrays, but it does seem a closed shop at Riccarton.

Jesus mate that's a horrible night.

Rather you than me. :thumbsdown:

The kind of guy I am I took the daughter along so she could witness first hand the superstars of Tomorrow :thumbsup:

And yesterday. Robbie Neilson was also present :lol:

jambos are go!

The kind of guy I am I took the daughter along so she could witness first hand the superstars of Tomorrow :thumbsup:

Aye been told the great man was there and in deep conversation with John McGlynn at times.

Aye been told the great man was there and in deep conversation with John McGlynn at times.

McGlynn was talking to any ***** who would listen! I moved away as he edged closer to me

Talk-o-the-North

What I'd heard Meadows was that Fults wasn't happy at not being given a coaching role at Hearts so took the lads with him when he left. Apparently a good, hungry (ahem) coach and his lads very decent talents (though that's by the by in a way)

FWIW, I think it was a bad move from Hearts. I think guys like Fulton, Allan Johnston etc should be cutting their teeth with Hearts, earning their badges and so on. We have a chance with these guys to mold coaches how we want them. If they go on to other things, great, they may be back. They may work their way through the ranks and we have ready made 1st team coaches. Someone should be overseeing the development of our coaches as much as our players. I know the club don't exactly have any long term policies, but along with the academy approach it seems like a no-brainer to me. I don't mind the Murrays, but it does seem a closed shop at Riccarton.

I made a similar comment on the "John Murray escaping criticism" thread. We should be keeping guys like Fulton as youth team coaches and bringing in guys like Sandy Clark to help the youngsters transition from the youth team to the 1st team. That's the calbre of coaches we should have at Hearts. Are these type of guys who have played at a good level a threat to the two Murrays and is it a possible case of jobs for the boys? Certainly beginning to look that way to me.

FF were you at the game-your thoughts?

pretty poor result considering the look of the team put out.

I posted a report on the game on the HYDC site

18-09-12 Hearts U20s 0-1 Falkirk U20s

Hearts literally paid the penalty for an uninspiring second half performance when the conceded a late spot kick to the Bairns. Fraser Mullen was shown a second yellow card for his part n the penalty incident as Hearts finished with 10 men. it was disappointing that Hearts failed to build on a promising first half with good possession and a number of half chances and failed to cope with the visiting side playing a more pressing game in the second half.

Hearts reverted to an all U20 line-up for their game against Falkirk at a chilly New Victoria Park. Kevin McHattie made his first appearance of the season with the U20s at centre back while Fraser Mullen also returned to the side after injury, albeit in the unfamiliar role of left back.

The Hearts youngsters quickly settled into a rhythm and put early pressure on the Falkirk goal with shots from Billy King and Jason Holt, forcing a couple of corners in the process. The home side also looked very sharp on the break with the best example on 20 minutes, following a quick throw from Jack Hamilton that found Dale Carrick on the left. The speedy forward drove forward, then squared to Sam Nicholson whose shot from 20 yards went just wide of the left hand post, with the keeper beaten.

After 24minutes, a sweet passing move involving several players ended with Jamie Walker shooting just wide of the right hand post. Jamie turned provider in the 31st minute as he set up Dale Carrick for a shot from the edge of the box which the Falkirk keeper saved well diving to his right.

Hearts continued to press and Jamie Walker missed the target from a good position once more, then the Falkirk defence resorted to foul tactics as Billy King was felled at the edge of the box as he latched onto a fine pass from Callum Tapping. The free kick was deflected away for a corner but Hearts almost capitalised on it when a shot from Jason Holt was blocked, then the rebound was fired just wide by Callum Tapping.

Half time came with the score still goalless. Hearts would have been very disappointed not to be ahead as they had dominated the play and chances throughout.

Hearts started the second half on the attack and Jason Holt might have done better after 50 minutes with a shot that went over the top after a well worked corner involving Fraser Mullen and Sam Nicholson.

Falkirk finally started to get a foothold in the game around the hour mark as they pressed forward a bit more, denying the Hearts players the time they had enjoyed on the ball in the first half. The result was that the game started to become scrappy and devoid of much in the way of creative play.

The referee also took some responsibility, blowing up for some soft fouls and issuing yellow cards to Fraser Mullen, Brad McKay and Jamie Walker.

Chances were few and far between at either end. A speculative shot from 30 yards from Jamie Walker, when he had better options ahead of him, was the limit of Hearts threat, while Falkirk knocked in a few crosses that came to nothing, before Kevin McHattie defended a dangerous Falkirk break with a well judged intervention.

Just when it looked like the game would peter out to a goalless draw, Falkirk broke the deadlock from the penalty spot with just two minutes left. A cross from the left saw Fraser Mullen attempting to chest the ball back to Jack Hamilton, but the referee judged that the full back had used an arm and gave a penalty. Fraser was shown a second yellow for the offence, thus Hearts went down to 10 men. Dale Fulton fired the penalty into the corner of the net to put the Bairns ahead and they comfortably saw out the remainder of the game to seal the win.

The Jekyll and Hyde performance will give Darren Murray with a few headaches ahead of Sunday?s youth cup tie against Clyde. There were good performances in the first half from Callum Tapping and Jason Holt, but my man of the match was Kevin McHatiie who looked composed throughout.

Hearts Lineup

Hamilton

A King, McKay, McHattie, Mullen

Walker, Tapping, Holt

B King (Oliver), Carrick, Nicholson

Unused Subs: Millar, Keegan, Scott, Thomson, Gordon

I posted a report on the game on the HYDC site

FF I was having a look on the website. You have us getting beat 4-0 with St Mirren instead of St Johnstone. Thought I'd mention it!

FF I was having a look on the website. You have us getting beat 4-0 with St Mirren instead of St Johnstone. Thought I'd mention it!

No I've not ......... at least not now :whistling:

Thanks

As a result of your selfless actions Beats, I have contacted Gary Barlow & Peter Andre and advised them that their father of the year title is under threat!!!!!

;)

As a result of your selfless actions Beats, I have contacted Gary Barlow & Peter Andre and advised them that their father of the year title is under threat!!!!!

;)

;)

;)

I'm getting 2 titles :o

I'm getting 2 titles :o

Of course! ;)

The one sponsored by Premier Inn & the one sponsored by Bounty.

The second one is for the oxo/Bovril you had. :lol:

Cheers FF - forgot about that,great report as always.

Is game at Tynie on Sunday ? Do you know KO?

Sunday at Tynecastle with a 1pm KO

?4/?1 entry

A piece of good news from the academy is that four U17s have now been included in Scotland's squad for a game v N Ireland next month. Zack Williams was in the original squad named earlier in the week, but Jordan Millar, Elliot Ford and Angus Beith have all been added today.

A piece of good news from the academy is that four U17s have now been included in Scotland's squad for a game v N Ireland next month. Zack Williams was in the original squad named earlier in the week, but Jordan Millar, Elliot Ford and Angus Beith have all been added today.

FF - must be doing something right with the youth as HMFC seem to be represented at most levels in Scotland set up.Its pleasing to see hearts players breaking in to the squad and a change to the OF bias. Only seen a a couple of their early preseason games but judging by the scores on other sites they are doing reasonably well after a shaky start.Hopefully a few more can get in over this season.

FF - must be doing something right with the youth as HMFC seem to be represented at most levels in Scotland set up.Its pleasing to see hearts players breaking in to the squad and a change to the OF bias. Only seen a a couple of their early preseason games but judging by the scores on other sites they are doing reasonably well after a shaky start.Hopefully a few more can get in over this season.

This is great news for the under 17 s these boys have also played at the under 20 s and played well. They deserve the chance as they have been very steady this year and have proved they are as good as the OF players

This is great news for the under 17 s these boys have also played at the under 20 s and played well. They deserve the chance as they have been very steady this year and have proved they are as good as the OF players

I would guess that the Scotland selectors watched the U17s recent game against Celtic at Lennoxtown when they won comfortably.

Jordan McGhee would also have been considered had he been fit.

I wish them all well. Theres a lot at steak for young Angus Beith (what a topper of a name by the way)

broughies tach

I wish them all well. Theres a lot at steak for young Angus Beith (what a topper of a name by the way)

Thats right they need feeding up at his age and there's nothing tastier than young angus beef :whistling:

Thats right they need feeding up at his age and there's nothing tastier than young angus beef :whistling:

Too right, it's rough out there you don't want them getting butchered from the opposition.

I would guess that the Scotland selectors watched the U17s recent game against Celtic at Lennoxtown when they won comfortably.

Jordan McGhee would also have been considered had he been fit.

Does this mean Hearts would have had 5 in the squad? Happy Days

Archived