What are your thoughts on this cup final publication?

Craigieboy

I had an idea to raise funds for an appropriate charity & in addition commemorate our superb demolition of hibernian in this years Scottiush cup final.

The thread '1-5 all around the world' and the Facebook group '1-5 pictures...from home and around the world' has generated some superb photos. The two-fold factor of the photos being taken with normal people in all sorts of different places and also those taken with celebrities.

Wouldn't it be brilliant to collate these in a publication along with fans stories & experiences from that amazing weekend?

I personally feel that it is a good idea. I might be wrong though.

Do you think people would buy this? Would it raise a decent amount for the chosen charity outside publication costs?

I have no idea to go about this and any advice would be appreciated.

Thoughts?

Great idea but it may be expensive to have all these colour photos in a book, I don't know..? :unsure:

I'd certainly be interested in buying one. :thumb:

I think it would be a good memento as long as the price wasn't too steep. I would definately buy one. keep it as a paperback then it would be cheaper.

its a great idea. is it maybe worth trying to sell the idea to a publisher??? might not raise the same amount for charity than if you did it all yourself. but i'd imagine doing it DIY would require a substantial outlay. you could try somebody like www.backpagepress.co.uk or maybe even speak to Mike Smith.

only other thoughts are that even though the pictures are in the public domain you should probably ask for them to be included in a book. but in the process you can ask them for their stories of the weekend too.

to get you started i'm happy for you to use my photos. if it gets off the ground will provide my story of the weekend too. doesn't start off the happiest.....but we all know how the day ended :-)

Guest Prentice

I think it's a great idea.

There was a book after the 98 cup final called that'll be the day. I don't know how well it sold though.

Maybe a smaller scale publication/magazine like the London hearts boys produce?

Fermit the Krog

Great idea but it may be expensive to have all these colour photos in a book, I don't know..? :unsure:

I'd certainly be interested in buying one. :thumb:

Digital printing would make such an exercise cost effective :thumb:

fraz the postie

I had an idea to raise funds for an appropriate charity & in addition commemorate our superb demolition of hibernian in this years Scottiush cup final.

The thread '1-5 all around the world' and the Facebook group '1-5 pictures...from home and around the world' has generated some superb photos. The two-fold factor of the photos being taken with normal people in all sorts of different places and also those taken with celebrities.

Wouldn't it be brilliant to collate these in a publication along with fans stories & experiences from that amazing weekend?

I personally feel that it is a good idea. I might be wrong though.

Do you think people would buy this? Would it raise a decent amount for the chosen charity outside publication costs?

I have no idea to go about this and any advice would be appreciated.

Thoughts?

Its good if your a jambo,I can't see neutrals being that interested,you ve probably missed this christmass shopping window,I would look it up.

Dont see how it can go wrong. Great memento of a great day, raises money for good causes and rips the arsehole out the flumps. Its win, win, win!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I just bought the official one, it was quite steeply priced for what it produces, the memories of course priceless, keep it to a tender and I think you are on a winner. Good luck :thumbsup:

Should say a tenner, predictive text again

I agree with most of your comments, but with this one, if the proceeds are going to charity, I'd suggest that people may be willing to pay a bit more, maybe ?14.99?

I think it would be a good memento as long as the price wasn't too steep. I would definately buy one. keep it as a paperback then it would be cheaper.

I'd have thought it would look better with a hard cover.

its a great idea. is it maybe worth trying to sell the idea to a publisher??? might not raise the same amount for charity than if you did it all yourself. but i'd imagine doing it DIY would require a substantial outlay. you could try somebody like www.backpagepress.co.uk or maybe even speak to Mike Smith.

only other thoughts are that even though the pictures are in the public domain you should probably ask for them to be included in a book. but in the process you can ask them for their stories of the weekend too.

to get you started i'm happy for you to use my photos. if it gets off the ground will provide my story of the weekend too. doesn't start off the happiest.....but we all know how the day ended :-)

Yes, you'd have to get permission to use them. Agree that to get peoples stories would be good to use alongside the photos. Maybe a sort of 'short story' format.

I just bought the official one, it was quite steeply priced for what it produces, the memories of course priceless, keep it to a tender and I think you are on a winner. Good luck :thumbsup:

Yea, it'd need to be priced at around that I think. Which makes me think that after costs the profit margin may be very low?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'd have thought it would look better with a hard cover.

Yes, you'd have to get permission to use them. Agree that to get peoples stories would be good to use alongside the photos. Maybe a sort of 'short story' format.

Yea, it'd need to be priced at around that I think. Which makes me think that after costs the profit margin may be very low?

No idea on the economics to be honest, if there was a site for folk to upload their stories etc, could save you time though

Fantastic idea.....im in tears of laughter when i look at all the pics....always perks me up if im in the huff for whatever reason.....love a book full of the gestures... :-)

Fantastic idea.....im in tears of laughter when i look at all the pics....always perks me up if im in the huff for whatever reason.....love a book full of the gestures... :-)

Archived