Wii Fit Rip Off

MackaysCentreSpot

MackaysCentreSpot

The Wii Fit is released tomorrow in the UK at ?69.99.

In the US it’s $89.99 which is ?45.

Talk about getting ripped off.

I P Knightley

In the US it?s $89.99 which is ?45.

I got ripped off when I bought a golf club online. I phoned the sellers and asked whether it was a genuine TaylorMade or a Chinese knock-off.

Luckily I found out where their outlet was and suggested (when I discovered that, yep, it was a semi-knock-off) that I would come round to discuss the issue.

They relented and I got my money back without having to resort to violence.

I've had other instances of being ripped off - restaurants are pretty bad and there was that girly bar in Budapest. In fact, the girly bar in Budapest was probably the most expensive as there was no option for money back.

Sheesh - I could talk about getting ripped off all night!

What do you do in wii fit?

I can't wait until wii Gladiators comes out. I seen it advertised on Sky one time.

Also, who has PES on the wii? The football is good, it's just the game, it's awful. Hearts aren't on it!!! Is that the same with all PES' or is it to do with wii copyright stuff or something?

Denny Crane

The worst rip-off these days has to be the "brain trainer". For 70-odd quid you can have a machine that asks you what 5+3 is!

What do you do in wii fit?

I can't wait until wii Gladiators comes out. I seen it advertised on Sky one time.

Also, who has PES on the wii? The football is good, it's just the game, it's awful. Hearts aren't on it!!! Is that the same with all PES' or is it to do with wii copyright stuff or something?

same with every pro evo, always has been. its a debate thats been raging for years: gameplay (pro evo), or licences (fifa).

as for wii fit being a rip off, its nowehere near as big a rip off as rock band. and while it is a rip off your only paying 30 quid extra which could be ok if many other games use the balance board, theres already a ski-ing one being lined up

In the US it?s $89.99 which is ?45.

Only explantion i can think of is that UK prices have the VAT added to them, therefore UK Price = Price and VAT added. American prices dont have tax added to them. You see something for 99c, its actually $1.05. Confused the hell out of me when i was there 2 years ago.

Also im sure US tax is lower than ours.

Archived