Hibs to invite Andy Murray to the methadome

Pants Shaton

Desperate stuff. The guy's less of a Hibs supporter than I am (having paid to go to Easter Road).

Pretty sure that he wouldn't touch their invitation with a shitty stick.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Desperate stuff. The guy's less of a Hibs supporter than I am (having paid to go to Easter Road).

Hope they send him a map.

playing the devils advocate here but why wouldnt they invite him?? its no different to us wanting Sir Chris Hoy at Tynecastle

playing the devils advocate here but why wouldnt they invite him?? its no different to us wanting Sir Chris Hoy at Tynecastle

Exactly this.

Probably something to do with Hoy actually being a Hearts fan.

McPake has blocked me from twitter :-(

I never once sent him abuse. Just thanks.

I still love his pre final interview.

Hopefully that'll be the day that the NouTramp descends into the giant hole underneath the stadium.

I'd like it to be celtic they're playing that day.

Probably something to do with Hoy actually being a Hearts fan.

Hoy is as much of a hearts fan as murray is a hibs fan tbh. Hoy already stated he doesnt consider himself a hearts supporter as he does not attend games. I really do not see the problem with hibs inviting him

Hoy is as much of a hearts fan as murray is a hibs fan tbh. Hoy already stated he doesnt consider himself a hearts supporter as he does not attend games. I really do not see the problem with hibs inviting him

Please don't try and talk the truth as some will simply refuse to accept it!

Murray has said he supports hibs, he gave a message (as did Hoy) for the final. But he's not really a hibby is he :whistling:

Murray's Grandfather played for Hibs so that's the connection. Why shouldn't they invite him if they are the club he supports albeit in spirit rather than attending games.

The proof of the pudding...

More chance of Ronnie Corbett and Alex Salmond doing the half-time draw at Tynecastle than Murray parading around Easter Road.

wasn't it the case that murray trained with hibs for 5 minutes as a kid, and was deemed good enough to be a player but had to choose football or tennis??

personally, i can't see the harm. if they want to invite him, fair play.

no different to us after all

I thought it was rangers who offered h a deal. He chose tennis.

Pretty sure it's the grandfather played for them.

you might be right.. i just remember some chat in the pub about it a couple of years ago

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's getting harder and harder to just have a harmless and churlish pop at Hibs on here these days... He's a fantastic tennis player, kudos... He's also a Hibs supporter and with Hibs being both our local rivals and a pile of shite, I think that justifies people having a wee pop, no?

Pretty sure it's the grandfather played for them.

Think his grandfather was on their books as a youth player. Murray's mentioned before that it was Stirling Albion he played for professionally, I think.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

A pop at something though.

Is that what it's got to, we have a pop at them inviting a supporter to ground to celebrate his sporting achievement???

Just a little bit sad if you ask me.

If its just going to be a thread every time hibs do something in nothing well were becoming a little bit sad and obsessed with everything. I thought that was what we laughed at them about.

Everybody knows it is a great achievement Beej, no-one is denying that. He is a fantastic player. Fact remains though that he has been invited to the home of not only our local rivals but also one of the shittest top-flight teams in the country. Dunno about anyone else but after being really pleased with his achievement, I am now in the mood for having a good old laugh at how pish his football club are, where's the harm in that.

FTH

Think his grandfather was on their books as a youth player. Murray's mentioned before that it was Stirling Albion he played for professionally, I think.

Stirling and Cowdenbeath. Think he went to hibs games as a kid. He probably knows hee haw about hibs or Scottish football to be honest but it's better than him being linked to the old firm.

I was having a look on twitter at reaction to Murray's victory yesterday and came along this beauty from Hibs :lol:

Hibernian FC ?@HibernianFCClub

Congratulations to @andy_murray for achieving glory and displaying true Hibernian spirit in the process #hibernianfamily

Is that that the same Hibernian Spirit they had in cup final- clowns :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Given that there were empty seats at Murray's final, maybe it's apt that he gets an invite to the San Giro.

They're welcome to the wee fud.

He has made clear his football allegiances are with Hibs, you really can't fault them for inviting him :lol:

The proof of the pudding...

More chance of Ronnie Corbett and Alex Salmond doing the half-time draw at Tynecastle than Murray parading around Easter Road.

Spoke to Alex Salmond at a Hearts game last season.

Utter lunacy from Petrie like. Inviting a Hibs fans to Hibs stadium having just won Olympic gold and the US Open? I bet that drives the crowds away because he's apparently not a real Hibs fan :rolleyes:

He never goes to Easter Road though? I suspect that devoting every weekend while he was at school to tennis training, moving to Madrid when he was 15 to pursue a tennis career, then globetrotting all year round on his way to reaching world # 2 and winning a Grand Slam might have something to do with that.

I bet he's looking at his gold medal and his fresh $1.9m in the bank thinking "I wish I'd been at Easter Road to see Chick Charnley catch that ball and get sent off, so I could call myself a real supporter."

Hibs are a shower of pathetic shite, but you can't blame them for trying to coax him into making an appearance. If the team he supports had been Hearts we'd be clamouring on here for him to make an appearance even if he wasn't there to witness Mark De Vreis' debut.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hopefully that'll be the day that the NouTramp descends into the giant hole underneath the stadium.

I'd like it to be celtic they're playing that day.

This.

This.

Wanting one of the greatest sportsmen that Scotland's ever produced to get killed is pretty low.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Wanting one of the greatest sportsmen that Scotland's ever produced to get killed is pretty low.

Good job it's not an entirely serious business this internet malarky then. :thumbsup:

Good job it's not an entirely serious business this internet malarky then. :thumbsup:

Depends who's reading, really. :whistling:

Francis Albert

Flicked through a book a few years ago - "Celebrities Favourite Teams" or some such. Andy Murray named Barcelona, with no mention of Hibs. He was traing in Spain at the time. Nou Camp or Nou Tramp - a tough one Andy.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Flicked through a book a few years ago - "Celebrities Favourite Teams" or some such. Andy Murray named Barcelona, with no mention of Hibs. He was traing in Spain at the time. Nou Camp or Nou Tramp - a tough one Andy.

Seem to remember West Ham fans claiming him as one of them too, at some point.

Has anyone ever noticed that until this year Murray always had a green element to his tennis shirts (green flash on collar and sleeves) but this has now disappeared ?

I remember last years Wimbledon and saying he'd never win anything wearing green ;)

How right I was.

Sure i remember Murray on Soccer Am a few years ago in his Barca strip saying that he had a Season ticket for the Nou Camp. When pushed on what scottish he supported it was hibs because his Grandad played for them.

By the way good ploy from petrie jumping on the Murray bandwagon although can't see him going to Easter Road.

Also wasnt he training with Rangers when he had to choose 'football' or 'tennis'

Sure i remember Murray on Soccer Am a few years ago in his Barca strip saying that he had a Season ticket for the Nou Camp. When pushed on what scottish he supported it was hibs because his Grandad played for them.

By the way good ploy from petrie jumping on the Murray bandwagon although can't see him going to Easter Road.

Also wasnt he training with Rangers when he had to choose 'football' or 'tennis'

Fat Sally wants to sign him for Cheatco FC.

If we can parade Olympic semi-finalist Eilidh Child around Tynie, I think they can probably get away with inviting Britain's first tennis slam winner in 3/4 of a century, no?

You would think so Tommy, but it's a bit tricky for the hard of thinking to get their heads around that one.

The simple facts are that he went to Easter Rd a couple of times as a kid and enjoyed it so much that when asked what team he supports he says Barcelona.

Failure sickens him and I therefore presume he views his weak affiliation with Hibernian with shame and regret.

Hibs can attempt to latch on to his success - but their overtures will go unnoticed.

willie wallace

Maybe we should have jumped in and invited him to Tynie along with Chris Hoy.Olympic golds,the US open trophy along with the big cup paraded at half time.We could have a winners only party.

Archived