Well done McGlynn

The man who loved beer

The man who loved beer

Nice touch from gaffer McGlynn this morning as he personally took the U17s and 15s academy teams for their Saturday morning training session.

Best place for him

I thought we might have got to post 4 or 5 before the first idiot appeared - but, you must have been allowed up late for that one!

TheHeartsShow

I thought we might have got to post 4 or 5 before the first idiot appeared - but, you must have been allowed up late for that one!

Yawn

Sterling Archer

AM1JW.gif

This

Superb touch.....not getting into a JMc debate as this thread is not about that....i think this sort of inclusion and humility can only be viewed as a positive....only Mr Magoo would even attempt a negative slant...unfortunately quite a few on here.....im a fan of JMc and am sure there are plenty of positives he'll bring but fear these will go unnoticed by the knuckle draggers on here who live in neverneverland.....

Best place for him

Did he take there best right back in each team an play them in behind the striker?

Big Jan was there to translate johns words.

Very much so

laugh.gif

Dagger Is Back

Same guy who's team lost against Dundee etc.

All I'm saying is that the jury's out as far as I'm concerned. I'd prefer to give him till Xmas and then judge him.

Whoever is proved right in the end, it's irrelevant at this time. Half a dozen games is not enough time to judge ANYONE.

letsalllaughathobos

Of course, we've all managed to set out and motivate a team that got close over two legs against Liverpool.

That game provides its own motivation, mcglynn is here to win SPL games and at the present time he has failed dramatically with a so called young team as we have only changed one or two from last seasons team, with a ave age of 25/26 is hardly a young team but he ho it gives everyone a great excuse to back jmc, needs to improve the team and fast and not be scared to change it up.

I feel he is out his depth but then again who comes in if he goes catch 22, i want him to suceed at hearts as he is a hearts man but better have tried and failed.

jamboinglasgow

What are we congratulating McGlynn for here?

Giving the under 17s and 15s the time of day (some past managers ignored the younger players.) If you are a 16 year old player in the 17s and the manager takes your training, then it will give you confidence as they know that the first team manager will give you the time of day and if you preform well you can help your future prospects of being picked. Its a good gesture by McGlynn and for that he deserves to be congratulated.

Francis Albert

That game provides its own motivation, mcglynn is here to win SPL games and at the present time he has failed dramatically with a so called young team as we have only changed one or two from last seasons team, with a ave age of 25/26 is hardly a young team but he ho it gives everyone a great excuse to back jmc, needs to improve the team and fast and not be scared to change it up.

I feel he is out his depth but then again who comes in if he goes catch 22, i want him to suceed at hearts as he is a hearts man but better have tried and failed.

As did Spurs at Tynecastle last season.

letsalllaughathobos

As did Spurs at Tynecastle last season.

Sure did but we got wolloped by a far superior team, who had argubly one of the best seasons the have had in a long time,

Where as liverpool are really struggling apart from the win against man city the have been pretty poor,

Also they seen us as we would see a elgin or somewhat.

loveofthegame

It was the u14s not 15s as my cousin was involved and thoroughly enjoyed it the chance to be coached by the 1st team manager.

Regardless of your thoughts on McGlynn, it was a decent thing to do.

Fermit the Krog

So JM doesn't get the credit for the Liverpool performances as that was a big game that the players were up for but gets criticised for not being able to lift those same players for the league fixtures?

Brilliant.

Francis Albert

Sure did but we got wolloped by a far superior team, who had argubly one of the best seasons the have had in a long time,

Where as liverpool are really struggling apart from the win against man city the have been pretty poor,

Also they seen us as we would see a elgin or somewhat.

Whereas Spurs saw us as what exactly?

The fact is that the gulf between us and Spurs and us and Liverpool is similarly huge, whatever reatively minor differences in the standard of opposition at the time.

And i think you'll find Liverpool drew with Manchester City, but then simple facts generally seem to trouble the anti-McGlynn posters.

letsalllaughathobos

So JM doesn't get the credit for the Liverpool performances as that was a big game that the players were up for but gets criticised for not being able to lift those same players for the league fixtures?

Brilliant.

Mibby read my post furter up regarding the spurs game,

THATS HIS JOB, to bring results in EVERY GAME, not just big ties to a very shaky liverpool team, who never got out second gear at anfeild,

Brilliant.

Francis Albert

It was the u14s not 15s as my cousin was involved and thoroughly enjoyed it the chance to be coached by the 1st team manager.

Regardless of your thoughts on McGlynn, it was a decent thing to do.

Of course it was.

All this thread shows that there some who will use any excuse to have a go at McGlynn. Maybe they think it strengthens their arguments (such as they are) rather than the opposite ...

letsalllaughathobos

Whereas Spurs saw us as what exactly?

The fact is that the gulf between us and Spurs and us and Liverpool is similarly huge, whatever reatively minor differences in the standard of opposition at the time.

And i think you'll find Liverpool drew with Manchester City, but then simple facts generally seem to trouble the anti-McGlynn posters.

Are you john mcglynn?

I agree, well done John Mcglynn. Good boost for the young boys to have him show them how he wants things done throughout the club.

He has done a decent job so far and once the team clicks into gear I've no doubt that we will finish 2nd.

The Real Maroonblood

Giving the under 17s and 15s the time of day (some past managers ignored the younger players.) If you are a 16 year old player in the 17s and the manager takes your training, then it will give you confidence as they know that the first team manager will give you the time of day and if you preform well you can help your future prospects of being picked. Its a good gesture by McGlynn and for that he deserves to be congratulated.

Give him a Blue Peter badge. :rolleyes:

rab obanheartsno1

he can only work with what he,s got give the guy a chance if vlad wont give him any money then its vlads fault not his

way out west jambo

I have it on good authority that mcglynn was there to put out the cones as the regular guy wasn't there.

he's washing the kits as well.

Rudolf's Mate

Anyone got the stats for JM v Paulo for the same amount of games at this point of the season?

My guess is JM is slightly better though could be wrong.

Archived