War crime trial to be held in Scotland?

grumpyjambo

Can't see what the hell Margo MacDonald, and her pals, think this has to do with Scotland, other than as a publicity stunt..?

We have no laws to allow this to happen, so they propose to bring some in - yeah, that seems fair..! How many other countries might decide to do the same, and would they all then have the same right to try them - or is it just first come first served..?

If Blair and Bush broke international law (and I think they may well have) then the International Court should take the appropriate action.

All a big stunt to make the scottish government look more important than it seems imo

Margo isn't in the SNP or the Scottish Government. However, it's clear that none of the main parties at Westminster are eager for a case to be heard given the precedent it would set for future prime ministers. The war probably was illegal if you judge it in terms of its justification.

Can't see what the hell Margo MacDonald, and her pals, think this has to do with Scotland, other than as a publicity stunt..?

Scottish soldiers being killed in an illegal war is what it has to do with Scotland.

I can't stand Blair or MacDonald but this does seem a bit after the fact.

We have no laws to allow this to happen, so they propose to bring some in - yeah, that seems fair..! How many other countries might decide to do the same, and would they all then have the same right to try them - or is it just first come first served..?

If Blair and Bush broke international law (and I think they may well have) then the International Court should take the appropriate action.

There is no chance that the International Court will take action against a Western European or an American.

Archived