• Arnie
    • Stallone
    • Bruce Lee
    • Steve McQueen
    • Humphry Bogart
    • Clint Eastwood
    • A.N.Other (specify)

Say What Again

If it was an actual fight then it would cleary be Bruce Lee.

For the sake of the question I've voted Clint (on my Mums behalf). I would have gone for Charles Bronson.

dont know if Bruce Lee is the 'best hard man', but he's the hardest by far.

He would take all of those guys on that list at the same time and still be home in time for his tea.

Professor.Arturo
dont know if Bruce Lee is the 'best hard man', but he's the hardest by far.

He would take all of those guys on that list at the same time and still be home in time for his tea.

Your probably right. I'd love to see the fight scene again in 'The quiet man' John Wayne v Bruce Lee!

tommythejambo

Bruce Lee would win in a scrap.

But Clint Eastwood is teh best 'hardman' so to speak.

Say What Again
Your probably right. I'd love to see the fight scene again in 'The quiet man' John Wayne v Bruce Lee!

Great thought. :)

Instead of being one of the longest fight scenes in movie history it would become one of the shortest.

Pretty good list, but I would also add Sean Connery and Robert Shaw.

I think though that Lee Marvin mebbe gets it. The Killers and Point Blank are perhaps two good examples. Both must see films imho.

Terrible Trio
Got to be big Lee Marvin for me!

Paint Your Wagon - classic

launched a few terrace chants as well

If you don't vote for the bad guy in Ichi the Killer then you're wrong i'm afraid.

Try ****ing his **** up.

Suspect I may not have grasped the gist of the title, but anyway, I would suggest the name of John Holmes.

Ah a fan of the seventies and also Shaft music perhaps.

coppercrutch
If it was an actual fight then it would cleary be Bruce Lee.

For the sake of the question I've voted Clint (on my Mums behalf). I would have gone for Charles Bronson.

You reckon ? At their peak I imagine Sly or Arnie could have literally destroyed Bruce Lee.

There is only so much sheer speed can do against a man mountain !! I am sure Bruce would have given a go but can't see him winning that one !!

Arnold-Schwarzenegger---Conan-the-Barbarian-Photograph-C10102051.jpeg

bruce-lee-enter-the-dragon.jpg

Anyway as for 'hardest' I would go for Clint Eastwood at the end of 'Unforgiven'. Quality. And all the better because he was a pretty 'decent' bloke up until that point in the film.

Professor.Arturo

Maybe I should have added Chuck Norris........

Naaa.....he was Bruce Lee's bitch

You reckon ? At their peak I imagine Sly or Arnie could have literally destroyed Bruce Lee.

There is only so much sheer speed can do against a man mountain !! I am sure Bruce would have given a go but can't see him winning that one !!

Arnold-Schwarzenegger---Conan-the-Barbarian-Photograph-C10102051.jpeg

bruce-lee-enter-the-dragon.jpg

Anyway as for 'hardest' I would go for Clint Eastwood at the end of 'Unforgiven'. Quality. And all the better because he was a pretty 'decent' bloke up until that point in the film.

any semi decent boxer or martial artist would be able to destroy Arnie, he's just a bodybuilder!!!!

coppercrutch
any semi decent boxer or martial artist would be able to destroy Arnie, he's just a bodybuilder!!!!

No danger !! All Arnie woudl have to do it walk towards them into a corner with his arms in front of him. As soon as he gets a hold game over. He may take a few swift ones in the chops of course, but unless he got knocked out the wee man would have no chance !!

I think you have been watching too many Jackie Chan films !!!

No danger !! All Arnie woudl have to do it walk towards them into a corner with his arms in front of him. As soon as he gets a hold game over. He may take a few swift ones in the chops of course, but unless he got knocked out the wee man would have no chance !!

I think you have been watching too many Jackie Chan films !!!

I think you've been watching too many 80's films!!!!

Lee Marvin, as he, unlike the rest of them actually was a hard man. No hiding from WWII for him, he volunteered, fought in the marines and got shot in battle in the South Pacific (in the arse). He then tried to volunteer for Vietnam. Unfortunately he was drunk when he went to the recruiting office.

coppercrutch
Lee Marvin, as he, unlike the rest of them actually was a hard man. No hiding from WWII for him, he volunteered, fought in the marines and got shot in battle in the South Pacific (in the arse). He then tried to volunteer for Vietnam. Unfortunately he was drunk when he went to the recruiting office.

Never knew that.

Can I change my vote ? Eastwood is a pussy compared to this man Marvin !!

PsychocAndy

Sorry but Matt Damon as Jason Bourne would destroy all who have been mentioned before.

ray winstone is a good old fashioned hard man in most of his films, al pacino in scarface, but all time i would go for clint eastwood for his role in heartbreak ridge alone. special mention to the drill sergeant in full metal jacket the first 20 minutes of the film are all about him and it is brilliant

The Wicker Man

The most decorated actor in real life still appears to be Audie Murphy - though not sure if he could compete with the others in a bar-room brawl scenario. :sterb003:

winchester 73

What about Ben Kingsley in sexy beast? eeeesa NUTTER! :banghead2:

Lee Marvin for me. Although a one armed Spencer Tracy whupped his @ss in bad day at black rock.

Archived