Basso dropped by Mr Romanov

Maroon Memories

Maroon Memories

Looks like its all lies. Basso was apparantly dropped becaucse of the contract row. Please no more Mr Romanov. We can't take it anymore. leave us or leave out.

the EN has the story.

Dr. Bapswent
Looks like its all lies. Basso was apparantly dropped becaucse of the contract row. Please no more Mr Romanov. We can't take it anymore. leave us or leave out.

the EN has the story.

nice first post, but its already covered in another thread im afraid.

Maroon Memories

i agree. However what happens when say Berra or Kingston or (insert half decent player here) look to the club for a new contract. Its always the players who are cast as the judas.

Guest Dipped Flake

Totally agree with Romanov on this one. If a player refuses to sign a new contract he shouldn't be wearing our colours.

Totally agree with Romanov on this one. If a player refuses to sign a new contract he shouldn't be wearing our colours.

and if you don't agree with your boss?

Rudolf's Mate

At the end of the day if the contract is not good enough then surely you wouldn't sign it either. It's easy saying that Romanov is right however how many times have we been here with Romanov?!?

Players generally turn down the initial offer and if Vlad is going to continue this way then we really have no chance of signing anyone decent let alone keeping them after the initial contract runs out!

You just need to look at Man Utd with the likes of Ferdinand & Wes Brown who both turned down new contract offers.

the EN has the story.

Whilst I never saw the Killie game, I would rather Banks played, but would rather it was a Frail decision - and who knows, he might have made it anyway - we will never know now.

I do think Basso is useful to have however, and would settle with him, Banks and McDonald for now, for next season, but I again think the manager should decide, though we would not be the first club to drop a player when contract negotiations are stalling - if that is what they are, but either way, if this version of events is correct, is is not how we were advised things would work in the New Year statetment, and whilst I am still not calling for Vlad's head, I will not hide this fact.

JamboRossi79

Seems fair enough to me too.

Don't want to commit to the club then get out.

This does go on at other clubs as well.

portobellojambo1

Does that apply just to players/managers who you suspect have no interest in the playing side, or does it cover all who have no interest in the playing side. I say this while realising it is very difficult for someone to sack themself, especially when they are not a club employee, but hold court from afar.

Guest JamboRobbo

Agreed. So when is Rodney resigning?

When does his current contract run out?

Buffalo Bill

Is anyone else beyond caring?

...or is it just me?

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo

...or is it just me?

Buffalo Bill

Yes and No BB.

Sometimes, I get beyond caring for five minutes.

Then I come back and think, NO, I won't let this one man destroy my love of my football club.

Selkirk_Jambo

Hmm doesnt suprise me. This is the kinda interference I have always suspected at Tynie. Never believed the whole fax on a saturday morning line.

As ever with Hearts, not really sure what to believe. With Vlads track record its not a suprise but Basso's agent will be trying to get a good deal for his next club.

Would sound far better to prospective suitors that he was dropped cause of the mad owner as opposed to just being plain Lillian Gish

boabyarsebiscuit

Basso happens to be less than half-way through a 2 year deal. So he's "committed" for another 14 months.

Auld Reekin'
So Frail does not pick the team 100% on his own

:eek::sad::confused:Hold the front page for this devastating world exclusive!!!

He has then lied to the fans.:mad:

If you have never told a lie to avert disciplinary action being taken against you, or even to prevent the loss of your job, then you must be unique within the working population of the UK. (If indeed you are within the working population of the UK...)

;)

Gimme an H...

...or is it just me?

Buffalo Bill

Not just you. I also know that all the Hearts fans I know really cant be arsed with it anymore and whenever something like this comes out, they're not that bothered. Which is so wrong.:(:(:(

Basso happens to be less than half-way through a 2 year deal. So he's "committed" for another 14 months.

If that's the case then,BOOM, there blow's Dipped Flake's argument out the water.

I think it's just an agent using the not so subtle tactic of upsetting idiot reactionary fans as a bargaining ploy...

TBH I dont mind that kind of interference when a player is fefusing or stalling on a new deal ala Webster etc.

My opinion is they shouldnt play if they arent going to be a mainstay or there attitude during contract negotiations detrimentally changes.

TBH I dont mind that kind of interference when a player is fefusing or stalling on a new deal ala Webster etc.

My opinion is they shouldnt play if they arent going to be a mainstay or there attitude during contract negotiations detrimentally changes.

I agree.

This is usual practice at many clubs.

What's not usual is VR faxing over the team or personally giving his approval of team selection each week. :sad:

Ala Wbster was in the same boat Basso is in now,a year and a half left on there contacts FFS,may be when there down to 9 months or so,but come on,IMO very few first team players would sign a new contact at the moment if they still had that long left,unless they were getting a massive rise and weren't that bothered about the general state the club is in,ie-new manager,coaches,training,how long is the club going to last,what will happen if the club goes into administation,etc.

Ala Wbster was in the same boat Basso is in now,a year and a half left on there contacts FFS,may be when there down to 9 months or so,but come on,IMO very few first team players would sign a new contact at the moment if they still had that long left,unless they were getting a massive rise and weren't that bothered about the general state the club is in,ie-new manager,coaches,training,how long is the club going to last,what will happen if the club goes into administation,etc.

What I understand is that some of the current 1st team are being offered longer contracts but on less basic.

Guest JamboRobbo
What I understand is that some of the current 1st team are being offered longer contracts but on less basic.

They'll be loving that. Commit to HMFC for longer, with less money guaranteed. :)

Well there you go,would you change your contract for less money if you still had 14 months still to run on a better contract.

jack D and coke

Basso might not be the best keeper i've ever seen but it doesn't change the fact Romanov is a complete a*se in the way he deals with every single thing as far as Hearts are concerned. He's an utter p***k. End of story.

Well there you go,would you change your contract for less money if you still had 14 months still to run on a better contract.

I am not saying it's right. I suppose it's the first moves towards more 'performance' based contracts.

Mind you there are a number of players at tynie that could 'do' with a wee wage reduction.

bilstonjambo

...or is it just me?

Buffalo Bill

I dont believe it is just you BB

I for one am in the boat as yourself and that is why i wont be back this season, and if no changes are made in the summer i wont be renewing my season ticket, first time in 15 years, and im sure there are many more boys/girls who have been goin alot longer than me who will seriously be thinking about renewing.

ive just had enough.

boabyarsebiscuit
Basso might not be the best keeper i've ever seen but it doesn't change the fact Romanov is a complete a*se in the way he deals with every single thing as far as Hearts are concerned. He's an utter p***k. End of story.

Spot on. The Russian loon and his ****** son are complete jokes.

It's obvious from this thread and the EEN story that we are NOT playing our strongest team.

It's still a shop window for Vlad to parade his wares. Period.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why is anyone surprised? Since he turned up for the United game, he's been ratifying the team selection, totally negating what the club said on 1 January. And they wonder why ST sales are down?

maroonedinoz
Yes and No BB.

Sometimes, I get beyond caring for five minutes.

Then I come back and think, NO, I won't let this one man destroy my love of my football club.

So if you 'won't let this man destroy my love of my football club'...what are you going to do about it?

Guest JamboRobbo
So if you 'won't let this man destroy my love of my football club'...what are you going to do about it?

Keep on loving my club, whilst doing anything in MY power (e.g. holding out on ST renewal as long as possible even though it will cost me extra in the end, going to meetings with the club and giving my opinion, debating with other Hearts fans on here) to try and encourage him to see sense.

This is usual practice at many clubs.

:

Examples?

And given we have had Webster, Elvis, Hartley, Gordon, Rudi, Driver, and now Basso - at the very least - binned because of club squabbles, I would like examples of any other professional football club that has dropped 7 players over a 2.5 year period as a result of fall outs.

Whilst you're at it, can you provide examples from this massive list of clubs that you will no doubt come up with that also, during that period, played a number of players solely for the benefit of scouts at games in order to sell them on. I'd say with Tall, Jose, Kurskis, around 3 players in the Rix - Tannadice game, I'd expect examples of clubs where at least 6 players were "showcased" over the same period

Guest Dipped Flake
If that's the case then,BOOM, there blow's Dipped Flake's argument out the water.

Exactly how does it???? Hearts, like most teams, do not want a player to reach the last year of their contracts as they then have no real resale value (not suggesting we would get a bunch for Basso!!). If he doesn't want to sign the extension then he is told he will not play again, barring injuries I suppose. Would rather we played Banks or Macdonald next season, especially as both are better keepers (admit only seen Macdonald on tv lately)

Unfortunately in todays game with Bosmans etc there are ALWAYS going to be players who are out of contract and are not going to sign a new one. The question for clubs is whether you play them or cut your nose off to spite your face and put out a weakened team. Most clubs have bit the bullet and carried on playing the players. It does of course depend on the players attitude and level of performance but most players are professional and carry on playing at the same level.

Fair enough Basso is not a top player and we don?t have anything to play for or lose by dropping players at this time. But it wouldn?t matter if we were in contention for a UEFA/Champions League place or a piece of silverware Vlad would STILL do it and to a vital player. He did it with Webster when we were in contention for a Champions League place. We still finished second but I don?t think anyone could argue that dropping Webster didn?t weaken our team. Also despite the way he shafted us Websters form and commitment on the park was never in question. In fact his last game was the Hibs semi I think and he held the defence together that day after the injuries.

Either Vlad gives the manager full autonomy over team selection or he doesn?t.

boabyarsebiscuit

Emigrate to Australia?

If you have never told a lie to avert disciplinary action being taken against you, or even to prevent the loss of your job, then you must be unique within the working population of the UK. (If indeed you are within the working population of the UK...)

;)

He is the only one that could tell us the truth and he doesn't/ can't.

My faith in this football club has all but gone sadly...

Sort of fecking up my own argument here. However, Barry Fry did it at Petebourgh.

A scout was looking at a young player they need to sell for financial reasons. The temporary manager had a fall out with the star player and Barry said the manager needed to make it up with the lad. As scouts were going to watch the guy play. A sale was needed.

The manager then ignored Barry Fry's calls. At which point Big Ron (footballing advisor got involved) anyway long story short. Manager resigned as he did not think it was acceptable that he was being told who to play by the owner and I think Director of Football.

Barry Fry then appointed himself as manager to go along with owner and Director of Football titles. The lad played.

Source Sky 1's Big Ron Football Manager!

That said I don't think this is the norm in football clubs.

Unless you have a meglomaniac football club owner who think or is the manager!

Uh huh

So thats us and the mighty Peterborough (who apparently have played one guy once for the scouts).

So far then, out of 132 senior UK football teams we have:

1. Hearts - almost monthly (on average) players out the team because of club-player disputes and/or players in the team to showcase them

2. Peterborough - a one off example once.

Keep them coming.....

boabyarsebiscuit
1. Hearts - almost monthly (on average) players out the team because of club-player disputes and/or players in the team to showcase them

2. Peterborough - a one off example once.

Keep them coming.....

When he was at Southend, I once told Barry Fry to play Graham Bressington more often (I'd had a bevvy with Graham at Chesham pre-season once, and he was a vastly underrated player in my opinion). Unsurprisingly, Barry Fry ignored me.

No scouts were involved.

Alcohol was involved however.

Exactly how does it???? Hearts, like most teams, do not want a player to reach the last year of their contracts as they then have no real resale value (not suggesting we would get a bunch for Basso!!). If he doesn't want to sign the extension then he is told he will not play again, barring injuries I suppose. Would rather we played Banks or Macdonald next season, especially as both are better keepers (admit only seen Macdonald on tv lately)

How long has Macdonald got left on his contract.

Basso signed a 2 year contract he has not even served Half of it,Vlad wants nim to sign a new contract,by the sounds of it for less wages,he doesn't want to commit to a new contract on lesser wages than the one he still has 14 months to run and he gets the order of the boot.

Would you be glad to do that at your work?

The cruckie cookie
Unfortunately in todays game with Bosmans etc there are ALWAYS going to be players who are out of contract and are not going to sign a new one. The question for clubs is whether you play them or cut your nose off to spite your face and put out a weakened team. Most clubs have bit the bullet and carried on playing the players. It does of course depend on the players attitude and level of performance but most players are professional and carry on playing at the same level.

Fair enough Basso is not a top player and we don’t have anything to play for or lose by dropping players at this time. But it wouldn’t matter if we were in contention for a UEFA/Champions League place or a piece of silverware Vlad would STILL do it and to a vital player. He did it with Webster when we were in contention for a Champions League place. We still finished second but I don’t think anyone could argue that dropping Webster didn’t weaken our team. Also despite the way he shafted us Websters form and commitment on the park was never in question. In fact his last game was the Hibs semi I think and he held the defence together that day after the injuries.

Either Vlad gives the manager full autonomy over team selection or he doesn’t.

None of our Manager's have had FULL autonomy since Vlad arrived and never will imo.

The cruckie cookie

So what does he do when some of them also say NO THANKS just like Basso?

Does he stop playing them too?

This is a recipe for another disaster waiting to happen with our playing staff. More unrest before the start of next season I think.

When will he EVER back off and let Football people run the club.

None of our Manager's have had FULL autonomy since Vlad arrived and never will imo.

Up to a point GB did,he kinda showed this by not playing Miko when told and playing Brellier when told not to,FFS he put Sammy out on the right and Macallister as well rather that give in to Vlads demand's.

Although Vlad did bring in players they were only played when Gb decided not Vlad,and that my friend is why he had to go,just as Andy Walker told us week after week.

The cruckie cookie
Up to a point GB did,he kinda showed this by not playing Miko when told and playing Brellier when told not to,FFS he put Sammy out on the right and Macallister as well rather that give in to Vlads demand's.

Although Vlad did bring in players they were only played when Gb decided not Vlad,and that my friend is why he had to go,just as Andy Walker told us week after week.

And we all know how long GB lasted. Vlad will never "but out", imo and we will forever be having these debates as long as he owns the club. :mad:

So what does he do when some of them also say NO THANKS just like Basso?

Does he stop playing them too?

This is a recipe for another disaster waiting to happen with our playing staff. More unrest before the start of next season I think.

When will he EVER back off and let Football people run the club.

Yes he has already shown what he will do by demanding players don't play after not renewing contracts or even telling him he is wrong about something,

Takkis,Pressley,Webster,Chesney,janny,Brellier,Gordon,Rudi,Hartley,Bednar,Posposil,Basso and probably more we don't know about have all fallen foul of Vlads wierd ways.

Guest casper
Takkis,Pressley,Webster,Chesney,janny,Brellier,Gordon,Rudi,Hartley,Bednar,Posposil,Basso and probably more we don't know about have all fallen foul of Vlads wierd ways.

Aye, but look at all the great players we've got in to replace them.

FWIW my opinion is that dropping players who have 14 months left on their contracts is daft. Not the first daft thing to happen at Tynie recently though.

Archived