Basso now offered extension.........

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

Small piece in the Express this morning about Hearts offering Basso new terms but have been flatly turned down by player / agent.

Only real quote was from the agent, who said other players in the team were getting 2 or 3 times more than his man has been offered! They are not looking for major money but unhappy at offer.............christ our incognito Manager is working hard in the background, where's does McGhee get all the time to work with Motherwell and Hearts at the same time:p:p

Guest JamboRobbo

Again, looks like we ain't bothering to appoint a manager and allowing him to pick his players for next season.

Seems like Vlad wants to shift on / re-sign all the players he wants THEN we'll appoint a manager.

Arse over elbow as usual, but convenient for the mad one to get to do whatever he likes before we get a manager in.

Small piece in the Express this morning about Hearts offering Basso new terms but have been flatly turned down by player / agent.

Only real quote was from the agent, who said other players in the team were getting 2 or 3 times more than his man has been offered! They are not looking for major money but unhappy at offer.............christ our incognito Manager is working hard in the background, where's does McGhee get all the time to work with Motherwell and Hearts at the same time:p:p

Whats the bet he was brought in on a lie..

"Yes you will play for the first team"

Thats the issue at hearts I reckon, players are promised the world, big wages and VR doesnt deliver.

Same way he treats the fans.

Dr. Bapswent

Metro piece said he was told he would get first team football, and is now dumped on the bench after refusing to sign.

Im sure the ususal nay sayers will have a field day with this...but I fail to see how Basso is good enough to become our first choice, and therefore would not be given a contract suggesting he would be number 1.

A decent enough reserve keeper, but not consistent enough to be first choice.

SACK THE BOARD!

Clerry Jambo
Again, looks like we ain't bothering to appoint a manager and allowing him to pick his players for next season.

Seems like Vlad wants to shift on / re-sign all the players he wants THEN we'll appoint a manager.

Arse over elbow as usual, but convenient for the mad one to get to do whatever he likes before we get a manager in.

.........so you think we'll get a new manager JR!!

:P

boabyarsebiscuit

I heard the only reason Basso was picked the other week (Killie) was because there were scouts watching him, and at the time of the Killie game Basso was in the "shop window player" category.

Clerry Jambo
Frail is our manager.

Awe Wattie I was quick upbeat this morning - now um back depressed again:(

Metro piece said he was told he would get first team football, and is now dumped on the bench after refusing to sign.

Im sure the ususal nay sayers will have a field day with this...but I fail to see how Basso is good enough to become our first choice, and therefore would not be given a contract suggesting he would be number 1.

SACK THE BOARD!

Swear I never seen a metro this morning... but been thinking recently that if VR treats us like this I wonder what its like being approached by him (Ruben)..... guaranteed he promised him the world to join hearts and let him down.

I think this is cost cutting on Hearts part, in that they are reducing short term costs by offering higher earning players lesser wages over a longer term.

Dr. Bapswent
Swear I never seen a metro this morning... but been thinking recently that if VR treats us like this I wonder what its like being approached by him (Ruben)..... guaranteed he promised him the world to join hearts and let him down.

I think the point your making is, that players are offered lots, with no intention of ever delivering that - which I would agree is not a good thing.

On the other hand, i dont think that there is a footballer in the land who has not been 'creatively encouraged' when signnig a new deal.

I dont imagine Riordan for example, was told, youll be on better wages but I will mostly keep you on the bench. Im sure he would have been told that if he performed, he'd get a great chance at european football and winners medals etc.

In the Basso instance, id imagine he was signed as a credible number 2, with the chance of being number 1, (because of the undertainty over Banks at the time and his role as coach etc). And therefore was probably not lied to in a bare faced way. it just hasnt worked out.

Also, we are getting worked up over the comments of his AGENT, someone who has a vested interest in lining his own pocket, not making friends or being hinest etc.

Basso will simply want to be number 1, what keeper wouldnt. It just isnt that way, so over contract negotiations, he is being difficult, its most probably that simple. The agents choice to go to the press etc....well thats his way of pushing the deal...and id be loathed to take it as gospel about how things really worked. Of course, if fits with some peoples agenda on here, and therefore they grasp at it and use it to fit thier own purposes, you just need to be able to think beyond that.

P.S. Im not suggesting you are one of those people.

The reverse of this is that he appoints a manager who might want to keep all of the current players and add some of his own, resulting in an even higher wage bill. Is that what you want?

Oh yes, it will then give you the opportunity then to slate him for overspending his own, or his company's, money.

My big fear is that we don't shift on some players which from a football side of things would be a disaster. He is quite right to re-sign the players he wants if they are are promising like Johnsson and Glen. So far all those on the way out like Benny, Kurskis, Basso(?) etc will not weaken the team and others, like Tall, are on high wages not commensurate with their worth on the field. I cannot see what your gripe is eg if a new manager took over ANY club on say 1st September they would have to work with what staff they had until the Jan transfer window. A good manager will transform any underperforming side at any time and for all you know is maybe already being consulted.

I can't believe we were offering him a new contract, if we did. Seriously, being marginally better than Kuskis does not make you Craig Gordon.

If this is the standard of player we're looking to sign, we need severe help!

Plus we should be recalling MacDonald and giving him a shot. Would not suprise me if we signed Basso and loaned out MacDonald again.

As others have said, really a new manager should be involved in who stays and go's! These decisions being made from above are strangely familar.

Also hasn't it all gone very quiet on the nudge, nudge, wink, wink rumours that McGee will be our manager.

Got to disagree with that. He is much better than Radge Eddy. In my opinion there isn't too much difference between Banks and Basso.

But he should be one of many that we are looking to offload. Leaving Jamie MacDonald and a new keeper to fight it out.

Guest JamboRobbo
The reverse of this is that he appoints a manager who might want to keep all of the current players and add some of his own, resulting in an even higher wage bill. Is that what you want?

Nope, just a football professional to make the calls, so that HMFC get value for whatever money we spend.

Oh yes, it will then give you the opportunity then to slate him for overspending his own, or his company's, money.

Last time I looked, it was HMFC who paid a 12.49M wage bill to finish 4th in the SPL.

Yes, I think that is awful, and yes, I'll slate the people who contributed to that "achievement" - quite rightly too.

My big fear is that we don't shift on some players which from a football side of things would be a disaster. He is quite right to re-sign the players he wants if they are are promising like Johnsson and Glen. So far all those on the way out like Benny, Kurskis, Basso(?) etc will not weaken the team and others, like Tall, are on high wages not commensurate with their worth on the field. I cannot see what your gripe is eg if a new manager took over ANY club on say 1st September they would have to work with what staff they had until the Jan transfer window. A good manager will transform any underperforming side at any time and for all you know is maybe already being consulted.

My gripe is, it doesn't take 16 weeks (since Jan 1st statement that we were finally going to appoint a manager) to appoint a manager. My gripe is, we haven't had a manager since Burley left. We've been lied to various times that we were getting one, but each time, it has subsequently turned out they were just puppets. I include Frail in this.

I feel that the Jan 1st statement, and the failure so far to actually appoint a manager as it stated we would, is just the latest in a long line of excuses made up to buy Vlad some time to do whatever he wants, rather than appointing a football proffessional to do the job.

Clearly you are perfectly happy for Vlad to do whatever he wants with OUR club, since he pays the bills. Thats your choice.

As is my choice, to continue to request that he stops using us as a plaything, and that our football club is run in a coherent and professional manner. I'm just amazed there are Hearts fans still gullable enough to accept less.

SACK THE BOARD!

I think Basso is a better keeper than Banks actually... he has done well after a nervy start and the only reason he has looked dodgy at times is because like others in the squad he has seldom been selected. He was put behind Kurskis in the pecking order as reserve keeper and I found that astonishing as Kurskis is the worst i've seen at Tynecastle for a long time.

Basso has come in and kept 2 clean sheets recently and looked good... he was also outstanding against celtic in the cup and played a great game in the derby at easter rd. I fail to see how continually dropping him will help his confidence. This is Romanov yet again playing hardball and Hearts' name being dragged through the mud again by the press for their treatment of players.

Basso IMO wood be a good No 1 with Banks as GK coach and the young lad Macdonald back from QoS to push for the No 1 jersey.

My gripe is, it doesn't take 16 weeks (since Jan 1st statement that we were finally going to appoint a manager) to appoint a manager. My gripe is, we haven't had a manager since Burley left. We've been lied to various times that we were getting one, but each time, it has subsequently turned out they were just puppets. I include Frail in this.

I feel that the Jan 1st statement, and the failure so far to actually appoint a manager as it stated we would, is just the latest in a long line of excuses made up to buy Vlad some time to do whatever he wants, rather than appointing a football proffessional to do the job.

Clearly you are perfectly happy for Vlad to do whatever he wants with OUR club, since he pays the bills. Thats your choice.

As is my choice, to continue to request that he stops using us as a plaything, and that our football club is run in a coherent and professional manner. I'm just amazed there are Hearts fans still gullable enough to accept less.

If the manager is appointed around the 30th of June then that would mean almost half a year to appoint a manager. Quite impressive.

Guest JamboRobbo
If the manager is appointed around the 30th of June then that would mean almost half a year to appoint a manager. Quite impressive.

Indeed. Stick a wee fairy story on the website, buy yourself another 6 months with a puppet in charge...........

portobellojambo1

The chances of that happening, i.e. any new manager retaining all the present playing staff at Tynecastle is so remote that it isn't even worth considering, unless of course they were kept on because said manager was instructed they were to be kept on by someone with the wish to do so, a certain Vladimir Romanov.

Any competent manager coming in would clear out a s h i t load of players, however I do not think the players he would clear out would be the ones Mr Romanov would want to lose, and I am not talking about our better players.

Mr Quagmire

I think people fail to understand that even if a player is up for sale, he still needs to be on a contract so the club can make money. A player walking away on a free is just not good business.

Should never have been bought in the first place

Is it not the case that he had only a hanful of first team games over a 2 year period

I might be making that up...

I heard the only reason Basso was picked the other week (Killie) was because there were scouts watching him, and at the time of the Killie game Basso was in the "shop window player" category.

If that's true then he'll be gone, he was fantastic at Killie, him and Tall saved us from about 4 certain goals in my opinion.

I was maybe stretching the comparison a little!

However, still don't rate the guy does not inspire confirdence and if he is the quality of player we are looking to sign, we are in real trouble.

I would punt the guy. Manager or no manager.

When does his contract expire?

I can't help but think this is why a manager was required 4 months ago and not in 3 months time! So that we can prepare for the season and get a squad together. As opposed to some mad man thinking Basso could be sold for a profit!

I'm not 100% sure but I think he could be on a similar dela to Stewart. ie Signed for one season with the option for a further two.

Like Stewart we should just cut our losses and say thanks but no thanks.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think people fail to understand that even if a player is up for sale, he still needs to be on a contract so the club can make money. A player walking away on a free is just not good business.

Seems to me you are ignoring the fact that if a player ain't very good, you'll end up paying him wages for however many years of his contract, and never be able to sell him.

Think Mikey Pospisal. Juho Makela. Misrad Beslija.

Nope, just a football professional to make the calls, so that HMFC get value for whatever money we spend.

Last time I looked, it was HMFC who paid a 12.49M wage bill to finish 4th in the SPL.

Yes, I think that is awful, and yes, I'll slate the people who contributed to that "achievement" - quite rightly too.

As is my choice, to continue to request that he stops using us as a plaything, and that our football club is run in a coherent and professional manner. I'm just amazed there are Hearts fans still gullable enough to accept less.[/QUOTE]

that about sums up my feeling at the moment

Dr. Bapswent

there you go.

ANTHONY BASSO'S agent expects the Frenchman to leave Hearts after being excluded from the team due to interference from Vladimir Romanov.

Stephen Frail, the club's interim manager, was forced to tell Basso he would not play against St Mirren last weekend after the goalkeeper's contract negotiations broke down.

Romanov was irked by the lack of progress during discussions with Basso's agent, Tomasso Angelini, and ordered that the 28-year-old be demoted despite an outstanding performance against Kilmarnock in Hearts' previous match. Steve Banks was reinstated for the 3-2 victory after recovering from illness.

The interference contradicts previous public statements that Frail would have full autonomy on team selection pending the arrival of a new manager, and Angelini believes Basso's long-term future is now doubtful.

"The coach told Anthony he could not play because he had been told by people above not to pick him," said Angelini. "This is interference from the owner. It's not the first time it has happened because I know of similar situations involving other players at Hearts recently. As Anthony's agent, this is something I cannot condone.

"I think Anthony's future will be elsewhere now. He wants to stay with Hearts but I cannot see Romanov or his people coming back and wanting to sit round the table again." Basso's current two-year contract is not due to expire until summer 2009 but the club had indicated their intention to extend his stay.

Angelini maintains negotiations were at a very early stage and believes the treatment meted out to Basso is unwarranted. The former Auxerre player recorded clean sheets against Kilmarnock and Dundee United in recent weeks after Banks fell foul of a virus.

The agent spoke with representatives of Ukio Bankas Investment Group to outline his client's contract wishes but was then forced to reject what he clams was a derisory offer.

"When I speak to Hearts I always deal with different people, that makes everything more difficult. We did not want a big contract, we told them what we were looking for and they came back with their offer. It was refused and then Anthony is dropped.

"I know the people I speak to are only there to represent Romanov and that he will make the decisions."

Meanwhile, Calum Elliot has returned to training and should be available to face Inverness this weekend.

Oh dear

I had presumed that Frail just considered Banks to be his No 1...

I guess there is a chance that the agent is just blabbing nonsense.

But if Basso genuinely did have an excellent game against Killie it does go against Frail's general mantra of players staying in the team if the play well

I dont rate Basson hugely so I am neutral on whether or not he plays

But Vlad dropping someone after first blush contract talks when that player still has around 14 months of his contract left...

...well, what a ****

Dr. Bapswent
Oh dear

I had presumed that Frail just considered Banks to be his No 1...

I guess there is a chance that the agent is just blabbing nonsense.

But if Basso genuinely did have an excellent game against Killie it does go against Frail's general mantra of players staying in the team if the play well

I dont rate Basson hugely so I am neutral on whether or not he plays

But Vlad dropping someone after first blush contract talks when that player still has around 14 months of his contract left...

...well, what a ****

An agent blabbing nonsense....NEVER! ;)

Drew Busby !
The story is hardly suprising. Despite what some have said, Vlads intereference continues and according to No1 son, will continue.

I fecking hate it.

On the plus side Calum Elliot should be avaible to face ICT.

I'm already so far off the end of my rope with this kind of stuff...that I can't describe the feeling any more ... it's whatever state of mind that exists way way beyond apathy and way way past despair.

Fed up dealing with this Romanov nonsense, fed up hearing about it ... fed up with the whole fecking club from top to bottom under this regime.

Clerry Jambo
I'm already so far off the end of my rope with this kind of stuff...that I can't describe the feeling any more ... it's whatever state of mind that exists way way beyond apathy and way way past despair.

Fed up dealing with this Romanov nonsense, fed up hearing about it ... fed up with the whole fecking club from top to bottom under this regime.

I think you speak for the majority DB, what a way to run a club:mad:

It's an unpleasant part of football but I really don't think there's anything all that unusual about how it works at Hearts. Perhaps the difference is that these agents know that the media will happily pick up on any story that paints the Romanovs in a bad light and use it to their advantage.

We know that they intend to cut the wage bill and it's not as if Basso will have been offered less than what he's on just now. Yes, he might seem like an okay keeper based on recent performances but he's not so great that we need to take drastic action in order to hang on to him. Perhaps his expectations were higher than they should have been but I get the feeling that he's probably just one of the first casualties of the wage cutting exercise...

As long as it doesn't leave us with just Kurskis I'll be happy enough. Bring back MacDonald....

JamboRossi79
Vlad interefering with team affairs......NEVER

I fail to see how this is different to many other clubs.

Guest JamboRobbo
It's an unpleasant part of football but I really don't think there's anything all that unusual about how it works at Hearts. Perhaps the difference is that these agents know that the media will happily pick up on any story that paints the Romanovs in a bad light and use it to their advantage.

We know that they intend to cut the wage bill and it's not as if Basso will have been offered less than what he's on just now. Yes, he might seem like an okay keeper based on recent performances but he's not so great that we need to take drastic action in order to hang on to him. Perhaps his expectations were higher than they should have been but I get the feeling that he's probably just one of the first casualties of the wage cutting exercise...

As long as it doesn't leave us with just Kurskis I'll be happy enough. Bring back MacDonald....

Missing the point though. We were told Vlad has stopped interfering, and day after day, we get more and more "stories" which suggest he is still doing exactly that.

Seems to me like Rodney was telling the truth at the AGM. The manager will get full control of the team, so long as he picks the same team as Vlad wants.

Guest JamboRobbo
I fail to see how this is different to many other clubs.

No surprise there - You fail to even see the need for us to appoint a manager.

Dr. Bapswent
Missing the point though. We were told Vlad has stopped interfering, and day after day, we get more and more "stories" which suggest he is still doing exactly that.

We were told he wasnt interfering in teeam slection.

This is contract talks - which subsequently affect team selection by proxy, not directly.

Its nothing unusual.

And certainly nothing to make a song and dance about.

Guest JamboRobbo

This is contract talks - which subsequently affect team selection by proxy, not directly.

Its nothing unusual.

Oh well, thats ok then. He's only interfering a wee bit, by proxy. It's not like that actually changes the starting 11 like "real" interference would......

It's an unpleasant part of football but I really don't think there's anything all that unusual about how it works at Hearts. ....

I dont think many clubs drop players after the first contractual chat when the player still has over a year of his contract left?

Maybe coming up to the last 6 months - but over a year?

Dr. Bapswent
Oh well, thats ok then. He's only interfering a wee bit, by proxy. It's not like that actually changes the starting 11 like "real" interference would......

Dress it up however you want, but it wont change the reality of the situtation.

But if it makes you feel better thinking of it as a deliberate ploy to scupper the first team.....then on you go.

JamboRossi79

Its nothing unusual.

You would think, but every little thing that Hearts do is turned into a song and dance here whether it is justified or not.

Its nothing unusual.

So do you think that Peter Lawell will tell Gordon Strachan stop playing Nakamura he aint signed an extension yet, play Riordan instead, hmmmmm I doubt it because they and the rest of the better run teams won't take this approach

Guest JamboRobbo
Dress it up however you want, but it wont change the reality of the situtation.

Exactly my point. The reality is, Vlad is still interfering in team selection, 16 weeks after he and HMFC assured us AGAIN that it had stopped.

But if it makes you feel better thinking of it as a deliberate ploy to scupper the first team.....then on you go.

Who's suggesting it's a deliberate ploy to scupper the first team? It's just Vlad trying to do something he doesn't know how to do, and making a mess of it.

Can I just ask for examples of all these other "normal" and "usual" contract talks at other clubs turning into club v player issues

And I mean where one club regularly has an owner that tells the manager not to play a player when contract talks are ongoing

A serious request not a cheap shot - am interested to see who we are being compared with on the normality front

Dr. Bapswent
So do you think that Peter Lawell will tell Gordon Strachan stop playing Nakamura he aint signed an extension yet, play Riordan instead, hmmmmm I doubt it because they and the rest of the better run teams won't take this approach

Nakamura gets first team football, so he wouldnt have the same problem to begin with.

Dr. Bapswent
You would think, but every little thing that Hearts do is turned into a song and dance here whether it is justified or not.

Yes, its a shame.

People are more concerned with looking for the next thing to run around screaming about, rather than seeing any positives or even supporting the club anymore.

Archived