The SFA

iaing

For as long as I can remember there has always been an inference that the SFA or GFA has an obvious bias towards the old firm. It would appear that officials have cart blanch to create instances or fortuitously not see instances which would change the direction in which a game goes. For example:

Kyriagos takes off like superman in the box with the nearest player 5 feet away, Hugh Dallas who is positioned on the edge of the box waves play on, but Andy Davies frantically waves his flag and Dallas changes his mind.

Barry Ferguson handballs in the box and scores

Nakamura dives, v St Mirren, free kick, Goal.

There are too many anomolies to mention. It's no wonder the referees don't want video playback as it would then make the game fairer as the instance in question like rugby would be on a large screen for all to see and they would be found out for what they are.

As for the the league being extended, absolute joke, changing the rules to suit one team. How many players did Dundee Utd or Aberdeen use in the season they won European trophies?, and rangers are bickering as their big sqaud is being depleted by injury and suspensions. This is the team that postponed a match v Gretna, pulled their players out of an international beofre a european match, which was a qualifier for Scotland. Then withdrew most of their players before a friendly through injury who were all suddenly were match fit for the weekends game.

This in my opinion is what happens when you have Gordon Smith in charge of the SFA, typical Rangers man. Nobody with any connection to the old firm or any team should be in charge of this corrupt organisation. I don't know what people outside of Scotland think about all these bizarre refereeing decisions but it must be the worst kept secret in the world. Interestingly Rangers when in europe this season have had refs who totally neutral play a fair match, no bias, not swayed by crowd noise or Barry Ferguson moaning and greeting with every decision that goes against Rangers.

What does everyone else think.

I think some people could call you paranoid.

I would say it is true but nothing will ever change

colinmaroon

Paranoia does not cover "facts" but delusions!!!

This ain't no delusion!

It may always be the same, but that is a poor reason to stop raising the "fact" of GFA corruption!!!

JamboJimmyB

Don't forget Mcgregors assault on Elliot earlier this season (on youtube) GBH of the highest order !

The list in endless

Guest juvehearts

well what i think is that football has changed dramatically since the 1980's when aberdeen & utd were sucessful in europe.

i totaly agree that the legue should be extended to suit Rangers needs as the exact same thing happened when celtic reached the uefa cup.

football is a contact sport although i think people forget this, for the life of me i dont know why we as hearts fan's have a vendetta against referee's. I dont here it as much from any of the other fan's or players.

refrerrs are human, theyre prone to make mistakes & im in no way defending them for a minute or the fact the way they 'handle' an OF game.

my conclusion is either you accept this or do something about it like i have always said their are greeters or their are people that do something about it, we as fans on a forum cant so either accept it or go & follow rugby.

Fort Vallance

B]QUOTE=Markie;223077]I think some people could call you paranoid.[/b][/b]

I would say it is true but nothing will ever change

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you"

For as long as I can remember there has always been an inference that the SFA or GFA has an obvious bias towards the old firm. It would appear that officials have cart blanch to create instances or fortuitously not see instances which would change the direction in which a game goes. For example:

Kyriagos takes off like superman in the box with the nearest player 5 feet away, Hugh Dallas who is positioned on the edge of the box waves play on, but Andy Davies frantically waves his flag and Dallas changes his mind.

There are too many anomolies to mention. It's no wonder the referees don't want video playback as it would then make the game fairer as the instance in question like rugby would be on a large screen for all to see and they would be found out for what they are.

As for the the league being extended, absolute joke, changing the rules to suit one team. How many players did Dundee Utd or Aberdeen use in the season they won European trophies?, and rangers are bickering as their big sqaud is being depleted by injury and suspensions. This is the team that postponed a match v Gretna, pulled their players out of an international beofre a european match, which was a qualifier for Scotland. Then withdrew most of their players before a friendly through injury who were all suddenly were match fit for the weekends game.

This in my opinion is what happens when you have Gordon Smith in charge of the SFA, typical Rangers man. Nobody with any connection to the old firm or any team should be in charge of this corrupt organisation. I don't know what people outside of Scotland think about all these bizarre refereeing decisions but it must be the worst kept secret in the world. Interestingly Rangers when in europe this season have had refs who totally neutral play a fair match, no bias, not swayed by crowd noise or Barry Ferguson moaning and greeting with every decision that goes against Rangers.

WELL SAID ROMAN ROMANOV

colinmaroon
well what i think is that football has changed dramatically since the 1980's when aberdeen & utd were sucessful in europe.

i totaly agree that the legue should be extended to suit Rangers needs as the exact same thing happened when celtic reached the uefa cup.

football is a contact sport although i think people forget this, for the life of me i dont know why we as hearts fan's have a vendetta against referee's. I dont here it as much from any of the other fan's or players.

refrerrs are human, theyre prone to make mistakes & im in no way defending them for a minute or the fact the way they 'handle' an OF game.

my conclusion is either you accept this or do something about it like i have always said their are greeters or their are people that do something about it, we as fans on a forum cant so either accept it or go & follow rugby.

Here we have, in a nutshell, why things will never change!!!

You'll forgive me, after watching 50 years of corruption, if I decide to carry on supporting Hearts and decide to carry on highlighting the 'mank' that goes on, rather than nipping along to Murrayfield!!!

The Old Tolbooth

Sorry, but why should we accept corruption?

Surely all the Hearts fans who pay ?400 to renew their season ticket do so to see a fair league, played on a level playing field, I know I do, but it never happens that way.

Season after season we are subjected to ridiculous reffing decisions that almost always benefits one half of the old firm, you dont see nearly as many going in favour of the "smaller clubs" especially when they play against the old firm.

Surely all the Hearts fans who pay ?400 to renew their season ticket do so to see a fair league, played on a level playing field, I know I do, but it never happens that way.

Season after season we are subjected to ridiculous reffing decisions that almost always benefits one half of the old firm, you dont see nearly as many going in favour of the "smaller clubs" especially when they play against the old firm.

Well said.

I'm of the opinion that we should not accept it at any point unlike those who feel it is okay as long as we are doing well.

It's called paranoia,it really took off after Vlad said it at some stupid press release and the feeble mind on here have let it grow arms and leg's.

Okay the list you produced is reasonable but why stop there,

1)penalty awarded to us in the 98 cup final that was outside the box

2)penalty not given to rangers in 98 cup final that was in the box

3)Websters over the ball challange on Agathe at Tynecastle ,seeing him put out the game for 3-4 months,no card give ,straight red IMO

4) loads off Miko dives

5) velickas dive/pretend push to get a falkirk player sent off

6)Rubens dive at Well this season trying to get a pen ,not even a yellow card

7)loads of time big Davie Mc ran up the pitch got over the half way line and fell over getting a free kick

8) Craig levein taking out Joe Miller at tynecastle no booking or free kick

9) Chris Berra taking out Lewis Stevenson(I think) at Easter RD no pen

and many many more.

Why you only cast up descissions against us only shows one side,why not come back with a better opening post when you have all the facts.

Oh and on the BF hand ball,should the ref have given Rangers a pen 10-25 seconds before it as Jose handled the ball as well.

gorgie rd eh11
It's called paranoia,it really took off after Vlad said it at some stupid press release and the feeble mind on here have let it grow arms and leg's.

3)Websters over the ball challange on Agathe at Tynecastle ,seeing him put out the game for 3-4 months,no card give ,straight red IMO

4) loads off Miko dives

7)loads of time big Davie Mc ran up the pitch got over the half way line and fell over getting a free kick

and many many more.

Why you only cast up descissions against us only shows one side,why not come back with a better opening post when you have all the facts.

Oh and on the BF hand ball,should the ref have given Rangers a pen 10-25 seconds before it as Jose handled the ball as well.

That's a pretty desperate attempt at saying these things even themselves out. 7 and 8 are comedy.

That's a pretty desperate attempt at saying these things even themselves out. 7 and 8 are comedy.

Hmm,how are they comedy,you see young scally wag these thing did actualy happen ,in real life,not just made up to suit an agenda.

Don't really thing it's a desperate attempt either,there are loads of incidents that could be mentioned about Hearts players" getting away with it" but it seems that it's only a select few incidents that are cast up every time we have this stupid argument,give me some other game changing incidents,not just the usual one's that are rolled out every time some twonk sides with the muppet's in charge.

This is so true and only a fraction of the avaialble examples - it is a shame that when the Romanovs say such things so many people go into denial, letting there hatred for them to make them go blind to their own beliefs on other matters.

This is so true and only a fraction of the avaialble examples - it is a shame that when the Romanovs say such things so many people go into denial, letting there hatred for them to make them go blind to their own beliefs on other matters.

Name some more "match changing" examples please.

Watched the highlights of the Celtic v Aberdeen game on Sportscene last night on a big TV rather than from the BBC website.

There were NO arms raised by any of the THREE players who challenged for the header!!!

How can Brines blow for a handball and then tell the Aberdeen players on the pitch to watch it on TV and they will see it was handball? The only arm that was near the ball was McManus trying to forearm smash Diamond in the back and nrealy taking out another Celtic player.

Total cheating in my book.

Any rabid Anti Vladite want to try and paint a picture that it was handball or the ref had a bad view as he claims? If he had a bad view then why tell the Sheep to watch for the handball on TV - surely that means he was saw a handball??

Watched the highlights of the Celtic v Aberdeen game on Sportscene last night on a big TV rather than from the BBC website.

There were NO arms raised by any of the THREE players who challenged for the header!!!

How can Brines blow for a handball and then tell the Aberdeen players on the pitch to watch it on TV and they will see it was handball? The only arm that was near the ball was McManus trying to forearm smash Diamond in the back and nrealy taking out another Celtic player.

Total cheating in my book.

Any rabid Anti Vladite want to try and paint a picture that it was handball or the ref had a bad view as he claims? If he had a bad view then why tell the Sheep to watch for the handball on TV - surely that means he was saw a handball??

Because HE though it was hand ball,he blew the whistle all the celtic players stopped and diamond ramed the ball into the net.

Brines didn't chalk off or disallow a goal,he mad an error of judgment and has since appologiesd ,just the same way Larry has been doing since he arrived,but thats different, init.

WELL SAID ROMAN ROMANOV

I'm not trying to detract from a poor season unlike Roman Romanov, and whilst we get some baffling decisions in our favour nobody can deny that in the majority of cases they go in favour of the old firm. If say Motherwell were in Rangers position do you think the sfa would extend the season. It would be a rarity that another team outside the old firm would be allowed to win the league. I'm in no way paranoid, but I have good eyesight and sit two yards from the pitch front row section C of the wheatfield and you should try sitting there after a real humdinger of decision by the ref and see the smirk on the linesmans face. speaks volumes. if anyone wants to come down to the front of section C there is usually a spare seat next to me, come and see it close up.

Because HE though it was hand ball,he blew the whistle all the celtic players stopped and diamond ramed the ball into the net.

Brines didn't chalk off or disallow a goal,he mad an error of judgment and has since appologiesd ,just the same way Larry has been doing since he arrived,but thats different, init.

INCORRECT.

He told the Aberdeen players that he blew for a handball, which would mean that he would have had to have SEEN a handball, wouldn't it??

Don't get your argument here. I ain't talking about the goal - I'm talking about his decision to blow his whistle for handball.

Referees can now blow for a handball when they don't actually see a handball - is that really what you are arguing? Or is it OK for a ref to lie to players during a game and say it was handball only to watch it on TV (like he told the players to do) and then apologise?

INCORRECT.

He told the Aberdeen players that he blew for a handball, which would mean that he would have had to have SEEN a handball, wouldn't it??

Don't get your argument here. I ain't talking about the goal - I'm talking about his decision to blow his whistle for handball.

Referees can now blow for a handball when they don't actually see a handball - is that really what you are arguing? Or is it OK for a ref to lie to players during a game and say it was handball only to watch it on TV (like he told the players to do) and then apologise?

FFS man,Brines though he seen him handle the ball,do you never ever think you have seen something happen ,ie a handball,a trip,ball crossing the line and then when you see it on tv find out you were wrong,no,never.

These guys are human just like most of us they do make mistakes,Brines isn't that good a ref i will give you that but unfortunatly he is one off thr better ones right now.

At the very least he has came out and admited he was wrong.

Guest juvehearts

What are or have you done about it since you knew it was happening/ going on??????

so you keep on forking out on a season ticket knowing fine well that youre being dis-advantaged from the off & still you do NOTHING about it?!

and again i say, what are you going to do about it? oh aye NOTHING.

sorry non OF fans, its the way the cookie crumbles either accept it or do something about it.

im a hearts supporter thats where it ends.

Guest juvehearts
Here we have, in a nutshell, why things will never change!!!

You'll forgive me, after watching 50 years of corruption, if I decide to carry on supporting Hearts and decide to carry on highlighting the 'mank' that goes on, rather than nipping along to Murrayfield!!!

Thats totally fine & i am not ever going to stop you or say anything against this, The problem is that everyone is ''highlighting the mank that goes on'' but NOBODY is doing anything about it & when they do (rominov) he gets hounded by the GFA & the weejie media.

nothing will ever change unless someone takes a proper charge of this & its not going to come out of/from glasgow

4) loads off Miko dives

and many many more.

1) when you watch that incident at full speed and you see where Baggio ended up (momemtum is greater the heavier you are;)), add in the positioning of the ref and you can see why it was given. There was not a shadow of a doubt that a foul had been committed and at first look, it must have appeared to be several feet inside the box. In fact, the foul was a matter of inches outside the box. From where the ref was, it must have looked like a penalty.

2) I assume you are talking about the incident which resulted in McCoist being given a free kick on the edge of the box. That decision was made by the linesman as the ref was not up with play. For what it's worth, it was 100% correct.

IMO, whenever people try to defend refs and suggest that we are being paranoid, this game is always given as the example. It took place in 1998 - 10 years ago. The ref got one decision wrong and one right. I remain astounded that those 2 decisions went our way. However, the fact that you cannot come up with a more recent match-changing decision, far less one against the OF speaks volumes.

3) I thought he was given a yellow, but no matter, he should have received a red. Three things though, Celtic were given the penalty, did score it and did win the game.

4) Ah yes, the only player in world football who dives and gets away with it - oops, I mean doesn't get away with it. He did once when it might have mattered, playing for his country. Scotland still won the game. How many penalties has Miko won for Hearts for diving. More to the point, how many has he won when he wasn't?

5) Velicka conned the ref and the red card for Barr was reduced to a yellow. That says it all, Barr rushed aggressively towards Velicka who went down as if butted. What exactly was the ref supposed to do - wave play on? Are you confusing players conning the referees with the bias shown by them?

6) Don't remember that one, but surely the point is, he didn't get a penalty?

7) Against the OF? Did these "numerous" occasions result in us winning games against the OF we otherwise wouldnt have won? If I remember correctly, we didn't eaxctly win a barrowload of games against the OF in the 90s either.

8) Are we back to the 1980s yet? Did we win, draw or lose that game?

9) Another match influencing decision that allowed us to beat on of the OF.

As for the BF decision, the ball struck Jose's hand - clearly accidental, clearly not a penalty. BF played the ball with his hand and scored. You have managed quite spectacularly to defeat your own argument. An incident in a match involving the OF where a ref got the decision totally wrong and allowed an advantage to one of the OF, thus changing the course of the game!

The OP is talking about the OF and you come up with one match where the ref made decisions that helped us. You have talked about games going back 20 years and you come up with one example. Virtually every fan of every SPL club could come up with more than that favouring the OF against their own team this season alone.

1) when you watch that incident at full speed and you see where Baggio ended up (momemtum is greater the heavier you are;)), add in the positioning of the ref and you can see why it was given. There was not a shadow of a doubt that a foul had been committed and at first look, it must have appeared to be several feet inside the box. In fact, the foul was a matter of inches outside the box. From where the ref was, it must have looked like a penalty.

2) I assume you are talking about the incident which resulted in McCoist being given a free kick on the edge of the box. That decision was made by the linesman as the ref was not up with play. For what it's worth, it was 100% correct.

IMO, whenever people try to defend refs and suggest that we are being paranoid, this game is always given as the example. It took place in 1998 - 10 years ago. The ref got one decision wrong and one right. I remain astounded that those 2 decisions went our way. However, the fact that you cannot come up with a more recent match-changing decision, far less one against the OF speaks volumes.

3) I thought he was given a yellow, but no matter, he should have received a red. Three things though, Celtic were given the penalty, did score it and did win the game.

4) Ah yes, the only player in world football who dives and gets away with it - oops, I mean doesn't get away with it. He did once when it might have mattered, playing for his country. Scotland still won the game. How many penalties has Miko won for Hearts for diving. More to the point, how many has he won when he wasn't?

5) Velicka conned the ref and the red card for Barr was reduced to a yellow. That says it all, Barr rushed aggressively towards Velicka who went down as if butted. What exactly was the ref supposed to do - wave play on? Are you confusing players conning the referees with the bias shown by them?

6) Don't remember that one, but surely the point is, he didn't get a penalty?

7) Against the OF? Did these "numerous" occasions result in us winning games against the OF we otherwise wouldnt have won? If I remember correctly, we didn't eaxctly win a barrowload of games against the OF in the 90s either.

8) Are we back to the 1980s yet? Did we win, draw or lose that game?

9) Another match influencing decision that allowed us to beat on of the OF.

As for the BF decision, the ball struck Jose's hand - clearly accidental, clearly not a penalty. BF played the ball with his hand and scored. You have managed quite spectacularly to defeat your own argument. An incident in a match involving the OF where a ref got the decision totally wrong and allowed an advantage to one of the OF, thus changing the course of the game!

The OP is talking about the OF and you come up with one match where the ref made decisions that helped us. You have talked about games going back 20 years and you come up with one example. Virtually every fan of every SPL club could come up with more than that favouring the OF against their own team this season alone.

As I have said in another thread

WELL FECKING PROVE IT

You seem to have all the evidence there,go to a lawyer I'm sure all the rest of the feck the SFA brigade will help in paying the fee's,go on show your hand ,you and the rest seem so sure,get your self's a lawyer,please and once and for all get it out the way.

To be fair, I haven't seen Rangers 'bickering' about injuries and suspensions - unless you are talking about supporters - Walter Smith was in the papers today saying that they knew it would happen at some point and that he has a squad to cope.

I agree that the league shouldn't be extended. Rangers partially brought this upon themselves by needing a week off in the run up to the Lyon game, which didn't work, and they had a week off in the run up to the Scotland game, which didn't work either!

Also, I think it would be difficult to pick a candidate to run the SFA that doesn't have an affiliation with the Old Firm - with those two being the biggest clubs. Moreover, what team someone supports is not something you can always 'test' for.

colinmaroon
Name some more "match changing" examples please.

Not the first in my experience, but very significant in my education of what is rotting away at the heart of Scottish Football!!

Mr R Davidson in cup tie v Celtic in 1962 - two blatant offside goals for Celtic when we were ahead and well on our way - and they weren't the only "decisions" that day!!!

Crowd influencing the ref is one excuse we have trotted out for OF games - well that day there were more Hearts fans!!! Made no difference!!!

The list is endless!!!

colinmaroon

WELL FECKING PROVE IT

You seem to have all the evidence there,go to a lawyer I'm sure all the rest of the feck the SFA brigade will help in paying the fee's,go on show your hand ,you and the rest seem so sure,get your self's a lawyer,please and once and for all get it out the way.

Are you a referee by any chance???

Let me see if I can understand what you're saying!!!

If we don't hire a lawyer and prove the case, we're to shut up???

My God, the aparatchek's will love you!!!

Romanov raised it. It got worse. Revenge from the officials for trying to uncover it IMO.

While referees are in no way to blame for our woeful season, thats not to say they play the game fairly.

Theres constant bias towards them, but since Romanov mentioned it, there has been a swing of anti hearts stuff as well.

WELL FECKING PROVE IT

I wouldn't have bothered replying to your original post if you had suggested this to the OP. You didn't. Instead, you listed a whole dose of irrelevant events in support of your view that refs aren't biased.

I have no problem with the different views that appear on here, but I cannot be bothered with people who spout a whole heap of nonsense dressed up as "evidence". That is what you did.

The facts are that everyone knows and can think of dozens of occasions when match-changing decisions have gone the way of the OF. No-one (including you) can come up with anything like the same number of decisions that have gone the other way.

On the balance of probabilities (ie the level of proof required in a civil action), I don't think there would any problem in proving the case. Unfortunately, virtually every law in the game of football is prefaced with the words "if in the referee's opinion". To prove that referees are biased is therefore almost impossible. To me, that means that the only way we the ordinary fan can do anything about it, is to keep on moaning and shouting about it. It probably won't make any difference, but it is certainly better to do that rather than pretend the bleeding obvious isn't taking place.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

For some reason this discussion is splitting people along their usual pro/anti (for want of better terms) Vlad stances. The two don't need to be connected. I think Vlad is one of the worst things that has every happened to our football club, but I also think referees give decisions that affect Rangers and Celtic that they simply would not give for other teams.

Asking for proof is pointless, people either believe it happens or they don't. I don't even think it's deliberate on the part of the refs all the time - something triggers in their subconscious and they make shocking decisions. Ian Brines last week would never, ever have disallowed a last-minute Celtic equaliser like that at this stage in the season. In one instant his mind would be racing over the consequences and before he even has time to think he would wave play on. Of course there's no proof of this, you just feel it happens or you don't.

All of that doesn't mean that Hearts are harder done by than teams like Falkirk, Motherwell, Hibs etc. I think there is some degree of ill-feeling towards Hearts right now from some involved in the Scottish game, but there's no question we brought a lot of that on ourselves. We were right to question the Andy Davis incident but not right to defend Miko, who thoroughly deserved his five-match ban for barging into an official. We were right to question the Fyssas sending off on New Year's Day against Celtic but Vlad was wrong to make random, sweeping statements about corruption designed to thwart Hearts. We (or Miko) were also wrong to make any kind of comment whatsoever on his dive against Scotland. It was nothing to do with Hearts and we should have completely distanced ourselves from it.

Big-Jambo-Mitch

i'm 30 years old, and can remember as far back as the early nineties, i was saying and hearing about the refereeing decisions that went against us against the old firm. The paranoia has been in my blood for years, well before the romanovs turned up !!!!

Funny. This place went crazy after the Andy Davis incident and that was before Vlad even commented on the situation of officiating in this country.

colinmaroon
Funny. This place went crazy after the Andy Davis incident and that was before Vlad even commented on the situation of officiating in this country.

There are a lot of folks who will take the opposite stance to someone the don't like/don't agree with etc. almost automatically!!!

The "stink" was immense back in '62 and that was without the Internet!!!

Funnily enough, I never heard one Hearts supporter say "Get used to it!"

Of course, they were made of sterner stuff in those days!!! :cool:

Archived