Tough going until...

hearts00

We had a fairly large squad last season and a fairly handy manager and we just made the top six and no more.

We have a much worse squad this season and by the looks of things it is going to be a long hard slog of a season.

In fact it looks like it will be that way until two things happen...both Driver and Sutton are released.

Are they any worse than any other attacking players we have? Maybe yes, maybe no, I for one have lost any hope for either, but one thing is for sure they are costing us c. ?20k a week in wages. Doing the obvious Maths that is five players on 4k a week we could potentially add to the squad. 4k a week can get you a reasonable player these days.

Just imagine how much better off we would be if we signed two new strikers, an attacking midfielder and a winger.

I for one am counting down the days until we empty Driver and Sutton because at that point I expect hearts to start on the up and up.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

We had a fairly large squad last season and a fairly handy manager and we just made the top six and no more.

We have a much worse squad this season and by the looks of things it is going to be a long hard slog of a season.

In fact it looks like it will be that way until two things happen...both Driver and Sutton are released.

Are they any worse than any other attacking players we have? Maybe yes, maybe no, I for one have lost any hope for either, but one thing is for sure they are costing us c. ?20k a week in wages. Doing the obvious Maths that is five players on 4k a week we could potentially add to the squad. 4k a week can get you a reasonable player these days.

Just imagine how much better off we would be if we signed two new strikers, an attacking midfielder and a winger.

I for one am counting down the days until we empty Driver and Sutton because at that point I expect hearts to start on the up and up.

Nowhere close.

Not that I tend to go in for this sort of thing, but it would be interesting to see what Driver is on per week.

Have a feeling it would be a fair old quid.

Sutton will not be on much less than 3 or 4k a week. Remember he was our main signing in a close

Season when we were still paying up for players.

And we all know that Driver was given a massive contract with the intention of cashing in on him. He is definitely on more than 10k per week from all the stories flying around when he signed his contract.

While others try to make fun of the OP I agree with the general tenor of his post.

Sutton is sh*te - amen. Lacks mobility, wins little in the air and when he does it is misdirected. Slow as a week in Saughton.

Driver is a mere shadow of what he was and, ignoring the weak opposition on the 19th May, has done nowt for at least 2 years. Shape up or ship out.

I could add Taouil who IMO looked the most likely to survive in the EPL on Thursday's performance. Today he was utter rubbish and played no telling part in the proceedings. Always too keen on the world cup pass but seldom delivers it.

Today made it obvious beyond all doubt that we need a striker/target man.

In Andy Driver's defence, he was worth every penny of his current contract when he signed it and if it hadn't been for serious injuries we would have trousered a good fee by now. Unfortunately, some players who suffer bad injuries just don't get back to how they were.

John Sutton has been a poor addition.

Getting players off the wage bill will not release funds for new ones,it will reduce the debt.

If we get rid of players don't expect replacements, so no matter how poor Sutton or Driver appear they do give us options not great ones but options.

Many seem to think Driver isnt trying. I dont see that but it just isnt there. Not that long ago his auld man was on here claiming he was our most sellable asset even when he was mid massive form slump. Wonder what his thoughts are now not only on andys form but the potential reasons behind it.

Getting players off the wage bill will not release funds for new ones,it will reduce the debt.

If we get rid of players don't expect replacements, so no matter how poor Sutton or Driver appear they do give us options not great ones but options.

Fair point. But even singing two players on 4k a week, would still mean a decent saving and quite frankly anyone would be an inprovement on Sutton and Driver right now. They are both completely ineffective.

Driver at least tries most of the time. Not scared of taking on players and attacking. Stevenson done more in the first 5 mins of the 2nd half yesterday than Sutton has in every game he has played this season.

Please please leave the building Sutton, and close the door behind you. Is he JJ's worst ever signing??

Petric has that dubious honour.

tartofmidlothian

Please please leave the building Sutton, and close the door behind you. Is he JJ's worst ever signing??

Were you following us the first time Jefferies was here? :unsure:

magalufhearts

asnt Mo Berthe a JJ signing????

Paul Smith, Jeremy Goss, Gordan Petric, David Winnie, Mo Berthe, Hans Eskilsson all have the honour before Sutton.

Sutton scored for fun at Motherwell so there's no reason to think he can't score now. When Jefferies brought him in he would've had an idea of how he was going to play him in his team, a few weeks later and the mad one decides after letting him bring four players in he's sacking him. new guy come in, wants to play a different type of football, maybe a style that didn't suit Sutton even though he scored a couple of early goals and as a sub, made a decent impact coming off the bench a few times. He gets loaned out, comes back to yet another new boss so a different style again. The main problem is that Sutton needs a fellow striker upfront with him, a Robertson/Clark type combo with balls coming in from the wings. He's scored two already albeit penalties, the commentators who watch far better quality players in England every week said that Sutton was causing Liverpool's defence plenty problems so he must've been doing something right. If he does end up going elsewhere in Scotland in future he'll definitely score for whoever he ends up at, mainly because every other club plays with two strikers so chances are going to fall for him more.

Not even close, JJ has a terrible record in the transfer market and even at times players that were good at Hearts were signed by mistake!

Not even close, JJ has a terrible record in the transfer market and even at times players that were good at Hearts were signed by mistake!

He may have signed some duffers but his record ain't that bad. Pasquale Bruno, Neil Pointon, Stephane Adam, Colin Cameron, Thomas Flogel, Gilles Rousett, Antti Niemi, Neil McCann... the list goes on.

kingantti1874

god knows what's happened to driver... the boy tries you can't fault him for that but I don't know what she happened to his former... he looked great in the cup final hoped it was a turn ingredients point but seems to have fallen away again.. Sutton simply isn't good enough..

When I get in, I'm going to write numbers (in thousands, obvs) on bits of paper, put them in a bowl and draw them at random allocate them to Hearts players and pass it on as gospel.

That's what everybody else does, aye?

Archived