Divers Inc

hom1874

You have to read the small print, but Effrt the Rangers winger was booked for diving in the SFA cup yesterday. The Scotsman did not mention this in their report. Very strange after all the hulleyballoo that went on about Miko. I fully expect Walter Smith to comment in the near future like he did about Miko.

Guest juvehearts

why?

miko dived in a european championship qualifire for his national team vs ours. of cource we as scotland fans were right to hound him.

he has sinced apologised,

players dive all the time to con the official into giving them an advantage.

im sick to the back teeth of hearts fans blaming the referees for our bad fortune.

FFS its the team on the park :evilno:.

Fort Vallance
why?

miko dived in a european championship qualifire for his national team vs ours. of cource we as scotland fans were right to hound him.

im sick to the back teeth of hearts fans blaming the referees for our bad fortune.

Nobody is arguing about that. It's the obvious double standards that get peoples backs up.

lawriejambo

I think the guy is only pointing out that the media should highlight every player who cheat/dives..

I'm sure we'd get told to "give it a rest" for highlighting a booking in a 'low profile' game..........but where better to start hitting it home then at ( I asume ) youth level ?

why?

If it's ONLY down to the team on the park then can you explain to me Hearts record when we are refereed by Dougie McDonald?

Seriously, I want a proper answer to this and not just some codswallop.

Referees INFLUENCE games.

Look at the match fixing scandals in Italy & Germany. If it can happen in those two countries then why not Scotland?

Some people need to open their eyes and realise that we have a corrupt governing body running football in this country and until the government witholds public money from the SFA to force them to change then the OF "boys club" will just continue for ever more.

You have to read the small print, but Effrt the Rangers winger was booked for diving in the SFA cup yesterday. The Scotsman did not mention this in their report. Very strange after all the hulleyballoo that went on about Miko. I fully expect Walter Smith to comment in the near future like he did about Miko.

Does every player who gets booked for diving get reported on by the press.

Did this player dive to win a penalty?

Was it shown all over the world on tv?

Are UEFA or FIFA interested?

Did his actions change the game?

If it's ONLY down to the team on the park then can you explain to me Hearts record when we are refereed by Dougie McDonald?

Look at the match fixing scandals in Italy & Germany. If it can happen in those two countries then why not Scotland?

Some people need to open their eyes and realise that we have a corrupt governing body running football in this country and until the government witholds public money from the SFA to force them to change then the OF "boys club" will just continue for ever more.

WELL FECKING PROVE IT THEN

Does he play for Ran...

...hang on.

Yes he dived in the penalty area. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of Walter Smith who codemned Miko diving as it is not the British way. yet his u/19s purposely do it in a cup final. I know it happens all the time but the SFA are making an issue of it. The Media make an issue of it except if it is the OF doing it. Miko got 'special' treatment plus a broken cheek bone because of the outcry by Gordon Smith and Walter Smith who never withdrew their stupid outbursts. After that outburst I would have thought that WS would lecture his young players on the British way. I know its water under the bridge, but I thought the small print may be of interest.

Guest juvehearts

ofcource we do and here comes the but..........................

what are you, me, tom, dick or harry going to do about it??????

nothing as usual.

we need someone impartial that has no OF, glasgow 'infulance' heeped uopn them to conduct a thurough review of the way the SFA & SPL are manoured then have a look at the refreeing structure.

but we have to start at the 1st place HOME, nip it in the bud here 1st then we can start accusing others of doing likewise.

People tend to forget that about 15-20 years ago the SFA appointed Ernie Walker to review the running of the SFA and come up with proposals to modernise how the game is run. Ernie set up a think tank and went away for about a year and reported back with how the SFA should be run in the future.

The SFA then set up a committee to review the findings then REJECTED the whole thing effectively wasting a couple of million quid of it's own money.

That's how hard it will be to get the blazers out of the SFA - they need to vote themselves out!! Can you see some office bearer from East Stirling or the secretary for Shetland Schools Association giving up their free trip to Japan for the Kirin Cup or sitting on the disciplinary committee handing out bans to every non OF player in front of them?

The only way to get change in the SFA is to pressure your local MSP to raise a motion in Parliament that no more public money be given to Scottish football until the SFA modernises. Who would be bothered about going to this extreme and would their be any MSP's actally willing to propose it?

I'm afraid that I'm resigned to the SFA continuing on their corrupt way for many years to come.

PS - Don't hope for any Scottish journalist doing any undercover investigative work either on the SFA (unless it's a really keen student) as that shower are even more bent than the SFA

Yes he dived in the penalty area. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of Walter Smith who codemned Miko diving as it is not the British way. yet his u/19s purposely do it in a cup final. I know it happens all the time but the SFA are making an issue of it. The Media make an issue of it except if it is the OF doing it. Miko got 'special' treatment plus a broken cheek bone because of the outcry by Gordon Smith and Walter Smith who never withdrew their stupid outbursts. After that outburst I would have thought that WS would lecture his young players on the British way. I know its water under the bridge, but I thought the small print may be of interest.

Did Chris Burke not dive in the penalty area against Partick Thistle and win a penalty (maybe not an international game but a Scottich Cup tie). He should have got the same treatment in the press as Miko.

Then again he didn't really con the referee because Mr Brines clearly knows how to go about getting his way up the refs ladder. A decision for Rangers one week, one for Celtic the next.......

We all know our club's problems are far more deep rooted than the odd dodgy reffing decision. But this week Rangers are accusing the rest of Scotland as treating them unfairly... if only it would work both ways.

Buffalo Bill
People tend to forget that about 15-20 years ago the SFA appointed Ernie Walker to review the running of the SFA and come up with proposals to modernise how the game is run. Ernie set up a think tank and went away for about a year and reported back with how the SFA should be run in the future.

I thought they went away to set up a fish tank?

fishtankEbay.jpg

Buffalo Bill

The SFA then set up a committee to review the findings then REJECTED the whole thing effectively wasting a couple of million quid of it's own money.

That's how hard it will be to get the blazers out of the SFA - they need to vote themselves out!! Can you see some office bearer from East Stirling or the secretary for Shetland Schools Association giving up their free trip to Japan for the Kirin Cup or sitting on the disciplinary committee handing out bans to every non OF player in front of them?

The only way to get change in the SFA is to pressure your local MSP to raise a motion in Parliament that no more public money be given to Scottish football until the SFA modernises. Who would be bothered about going to this extreme and would their be any MSP's actally willing to propose it?

I'm afraid that I'm resigned to the SFA continuing on their corrupt way for many years to come.

PS - Don't hope for any Scottish journalist doing any undercover investigative work either on the SFA (unless it's a really keen student) as that shower are even more bent than the SFA

Aye, we waited patiently for the Tank to come up with the cure for all our ills.........and in the end we got zilch, a big fat zero :mad: and to the best of my knowledge they got away with that Scot free

Any idea what happened to John McBeth ? after his well publicised 'outburst'

He was supposed to have left the SFA and packed up his lawyers practice before heading over to the cushy role at UEFA / FIFA ?

Has he been given a desk hidden away in Hampden somewhere I wonder.

Remain Nameless
WELL FECKING PROVE IT THEN

One Fergus McCann proved corruption within the SFA, the registration of Cadette was delayed unnecessarily within Park Gardens for er no other reason than he was signing for Celtic! One Mr James Farry had to resign as a result.

We have only won one game in normal time when Mr. Douglas McDonald has been in charge, coincidence? I think the stat is about one in 15

The SFA tried to fine Levein for his comments about Mr. McDonald, Levein refused to pay, Levein took them to the High Court, the High Court upheld Levein's stance, HMFC ended up paying the fine not Craig Levein to make it go away. Levein should have been allowed to take it all the way.

Levein tries to sign a keeper who would have been registered for 3 clubs in the same season but the SFA knock it back yet let Rangers take the Cousin debacle to UEFA & FIFA.

Mike McCurry for example was a season ticket holder at Ibrox when refereeing in the junior ranks, do you think that influences him now? I refer you to the the decision in the League Cup Semi Final.

DFT Syme was retired early for threatening that if he was in charge of Partick Thistle vs Hearts at the 93/94 season he would ensure Hearts went down, no misquote no retraction the man said it and it was published.

I am sure we could come up with more if we tried, however, these incidents have all happened with no plausible or clear explanation from the SFA.

If their dealings were clear & transparent and not surrounded by the myth of committes led by no marks like George Peat then we may have more respect for their decisions and their working practices.

Guest juvehearts
One Fergus McCann proved corruption within the SFA, the registration of Cadette was delayed unnecessarily within Park Gardens for er no other reason than he was signing for Celtic! One Mr James Farry had to resign as a result.

We have only won one game in normal time when Mr. Douglas McDonald has been in charge, coincidence? I think the stat is about one in 15

The SFA tried to fine Levein for his comments about Mr. McDonald, Levein refused to pay, Levein took them to the High Court, the High Court upheld Levein's stance, HMFC ended up paying the fine not Craig Levein to make it go away. Levein should have been allowed to take it all the way.

Levein tries to sign a keeper who would have been registered for 3 clubs in the same season but the SFA knock it back yet let Rangers take the Cousin debacle to UEFA & FIFA.

Mike McCurry for example was a season ticket holder at Ibrox when refereeing in the junior ranks, do you think that influences him now? I refer you to the the decision in the League Cup Semi Final.

DFT Syme was retired early for threatening that if he was in charge of Partick Thistle vs Hearts at the 93/94 season he would ensure Hearts went down, no misquote no retraction the man said it and it was published.

I am sure we could come up with more if we tried, however, these incidents have all happened with no plausible or clear explanation from the SFA.

If their dealings were clear & transparent and not surrounded by the myth of committes led by no marks like George Peat then we may have more respect for their decisions and their working practices.

Ok examples of some evidance, its a start but what next?

what are you going to do with this information?

present it to who? tell who, call who?

we are not at school & cant tell a teacher & the problem would go away.

its too far rooted in the game to change anything & who would back you/us (hearts) for that change?

Archived