Vlad appears happy

Clerry Jambo

VLADIMIR ROMANOV today acclaimed Hearts? youngsters for their stirring performance against Liverpool and explained how such prosperity on the European stage has been years in the making at the club?s Riccarton youth academy.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hearts/romanov-s-delight-at-youngsters-anfield-show-1-2501201

It's good etiquette to link to these stories and not just pinch them. :whistling:

M3

Drylaw Hearts
Romanov said: ?The manager works very well and you can see the result. But, in my life, I?m always looking for a better and better solution.?

The clock appears to be already ticking for McGlynn.

"I'm always looking for a better and better solution". :unsure:

Am I reading too much into that statement about the manager or does anyone else feel a bit uneasy about that? Mcglynn wasn't my first choice by any means but now he is in and doing well I would be annoyed at more upheaval

The clock appears to be ticking for McGlynn.

That's the bit that caught my attention. Strange thing to say although he's never been all that enthusiastic to praise managers in the past so why start now?

One thing about you DH you are very predictable.

Lets just wait and see.

Which is strange - because I would like Romanov to stop wanting Hearts to improve and just stick with what they have.

I would also suggest that his comments mean he still has an interest and hasn't give up completely. That would seem to be a positive. Conveniently overlooked.

Sydney from Sydney

I don't think anyone can feel safe with the little guy. His cr@ppy remarks about players can leave when they want more money are laughable. Poor Kello didn't want to go to Austria and he never kicked a ball for us again. I hope the club shows some respect towards Gowser over his decision to stay with us. Vlad has made some poor decisions financially since saving us from the wrecking ball. Signing Patterson to an extended deal won't be one of them though and doing the same to big Ryan would also be smart move.

Thunderstruck

Given he was in the Russian Navy, he will have Sergey Gorshkov's favourite maxim ingrained - "Better is the enemy of good enough". So, his comment linked with J McG is exactly what any owner, manager, player or supporter should expect or try to achieve. It is simply continuous improvement. "Settling" for third at New Year recently sounded the end for a favourite son of Gorgie.

My reading is that there is now more confidence that the Academy Graduates can make the step up to the first team. It was never something that would deliver from day one but the investment now looks like paying dividends. For example, I would expect Calum Paterson to be on a couple of watch lists after his confident and comfortable displays against Liverpool.

Overall, I take it as a very positive response from Vlad.

I think the moment Edgaras signed everyone, including him knew McGlynn was just a stop gap. It's a case of when not if IMO.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Keeping the manager on his toes IMO... Not too much to worry about. Did they not have a big bromantic bear hug on the team bus or something? laugh.gif

Hard to argue much with the rest.

"I'm always looking for a better and better solution". :unsure:

Am I reading too much into that statement about the manager or does anyone else feel a bit uneasy about that? Mcglynn wasn't my first choice by any means but now he is in and doing well I would be annoyed at more upheaval

McGlynn's coat has been on a shoogily peg since Jankauskas arrived. I'll give him 'til christmas.

some people enjoy reading a lot more in to stuff than they should. vlad didnt get to be a multi-millionaire by settling.

Sydney from Sydney

I don't think anyone feels safe when the mad bloke is strutting his stuff. I hope he doesn't take it out on Gowser because he showed more respect for himself than Templeton did. His rhetoric about only letting players go who want more money certainly didn't apply to Kello when he was happy to stay with the club rather than go to Austria, and susequently didn't kick a ball for us again. I hope McGlynn is given a chance.

Keeping the manager on his toes IMO... Not too much to worry about. Did they not have a big bromantic bear hug on the team bus or something? laugh.gif

Hard to argue much with the rest.

A very common management approach in any high risk business.

In my "old" life worked well on me and for me!

Fermit the Krog

Which is strange - because I would like Romanov to stop wanting Hearts to improve and just stick with what they have.

I would also suggest that his comments mean he still has an interest and hasn't give up completely. That would seem to be a positive. Conveniently overlooked.

Not that there's been much competition :P , but that is the best and most sensible post I've ever read from you.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

A very common management approach in any high risk business.

In my "old" life worked well on me and for me!

Aye but your boss is definitely not one to mess with either, I would imagine! wink.gif

In all seriousness though, I agree totally, it is good to keep your staff hungry and motivated, while praising them when required and deserved.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

"I watched for seven years how the football mafia is working. In the banking system, I?m looking at how bank cartels are working. It?s a shame. Such a huge and nice country has such potential but it?s under huge influence in this system.?

He's right you know.

You always must look to improve but it must be done on realistic terms......McGlynn is just in the the door....but mind you, he only waited a few games and got rid of JJ last season, decided to bring in a (probably) expensive foreign manager then said we had to cut back spending etc.....

Vlads world is certainly a mad one....

"the little guy" and "the mad bloke" :vrface:

Mr Romanov deserves a bit more respect than that. <_<

I think they are both terms frequently used by Richard 'you're all knob-jockeys' Luffnan :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think the moment Edgaras signed everyone, including him knew McGlynn was just a stop gap. It's a case of when not if IMO.

Very much this

Arthur Morgan

Good post :thumbsup:

I'm in a positive mood today for some reason (which is quite rare! :D ) so I'm siding with comments like this.

Sounds to me that Vlad just wants to see the young lads constantly improve.No way should this be the highlight for them.Onwards and upwards.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Not that there's been much competition :P , but that is the best and most sensible post I've ever read from you.

Then you clearly don't follow what I say much.... :ninja:

Archived