totally finished with Scottish football

Heartsofgold

Scotish football is doomed, cant believe they have an embargo that starts tomorrow whats the point ??

This, Start a ban when the window closes? sums up those GFA Idiots.

Its posts like this that get me frustrated and why I resisted posting last night while a number of people had meltdowns.

What you don't get is that we are trying to cut costs to get the club back on a sustainable footing for the first time in nearly 15 years.

The simple facts are that Romanov won't keep dipping into his pockets to bail us out when he has already put the club up for sale.

Added to the fact that nearly 1500 people failed to renew their season tickets despite us humping the vermin 5-1 in the cup final, so we are considerably down on operating capital from last season. We also had a number of tax bills to pay off last season which probably ate into our budget for this year also, so that missing 1500 are hurting the club.

As for playing youngsters it makes a change from previous managers such as Paulo Sergio and Laszlo who wouldn't give our youth players the opportunity to break through. Hearts can only be sustainable as a club with 12k fans on average if the majority of our team is developed in the academy.

Totally fair enough but, with no sign of a potential buyer, how long can we operate effectively with a disinterested and unpredictable owner?

Books have to be balanced of course but we also want to be a competitive team and we do need VR to give us something to make that happen. Nobody is talking millions, but a small % of what he is putting into basketball would suffice.

boabyarsebiscuit

If we get a decent fee it helps keep us in business and we wont have to play against him in the league for a couple of seasons. I still miss Ralph Callaghan...

So much you can't even spell his name.

Listen pal. I have had a season ticket for 25 years. I was married at Tynecastle. Both my children had their Christening parties in the Gorgie suite. I have bought both home and away kits for myself and my kids. How dare you or anyone else insinuate that I am any less a supporter than you!!! I can guarantee you that I have put more of my hard earned cash into Heart of Midlothian Football club than you ever have.

What has got my craw up is that we even consider selling to a club that SHOULD have been consigned to complete oblivion!! A club our glorious leader has critisised ever since he came into Scottish football. They have been allowed to walk away from their debt and poach a player from us that only 1 other club in Scotland could dream of taking from us. If we had sold Temps to anyone else outside the SPL I would have been OK with that turn of affairs.

I'm delighted that Ryan McGowan has stayed, this shows real character in my opinion. Unfortunately we know what happens to player from our club that refuse to accept a transfer that will line Romanovs pocket. Lets just hope Ryan doesn't develop Vlad flu or we will have lost 2 of our best players.

:calmdown:

Listen pal. I have had a season ticket for 25 years. I was married at Tynecastle. Both my children had their Christening parties in the Gorgie suite. I have bought both home and away kits for myself and my kids. How dare you or anyone else insinuate that I am any less a supporter than you!!! I can guarantee you that I have put more of my hard earned cash into Heart of Midlothian Football club than you ever have.

What has got my craw up is that we even consider selling to a club that SHOULD have been consigned to complete oblivion!! A club our glorious leader has critisised ever since he came into Scottish football. They have been allowed to walk away from their debt and poach a player from us that only 1 other club in Scotland could dream of taking from us. If we had sold Temps to anyone else outside the SPL I would have been OK with that turn of affairs.

I'm delighted that Ryan McGowan has stayed, this shows real character in my opinion. Unfortunately we know what happens to player from our club that refuse to accept a transfer that will line Romanovs pocket. Lets just hope Ryan doesn't develop Vlad flu or we will have lost 2 of our best players.

If Ryan McGowan signs the new contract that will be offered to him very soon then he will play regularly for Hearts.

If he doesn't and chooses to run down his contract (like Kello did), he will be frozen out of the team.

This is the way it is, rightly or wrongly.

Its posts like this that get me frustrated and why I resisted posting last night while a number of people had meltdowns.

What you don't get is that we are trying to cut costs to get the club back on a sustainable footing for the first time in nearly 15 years.

The simple facts are that Romanov won't keep dipping into his pockets to bail us out when he has already put the club up for sale.

Added to the fact that nearly 1500 people failed to renew their season tickets despite us humping the vermin 5-1 in the cup final, so we are considerably down on operating capital from last season. We also had a number of tax bills to pay off last season which probably ate into our budget for this year also, so that missing 1500 are hurting the club.

As for playing youngsters it makes a change from previous managers such as Paulo Sergio and Laszlo who wouldn't give our youth players the opportunity to break through. Hearts can only be sustainable as a club with 12k fans on average if the majority of our team is developed in the academy.

Well said Frank!!

I absolutely loathe Rangers/The Rangers/Newco and how they have managed to sneak out of this apparently debt free.

Yes they are now in Div 4 but they are getting 40,000 fans every second week debt free.

We are getting 14,000 fans every second week not debt free.

They look as if they are in a financially better situation than us!!

Romanov is having to cut back, while Newco go out and cherry pick players.

Its a crazy situation to be in.

Drewjambobusby

If Ryan McGowan signs the new contract that will be offered to him very soon then he will play regularly for Hearts.

If he doesn't and chooses to run down his contract (like Kello did), he will be frozen out of the team.

This is the way it is, rightly or wrongly.

Ryan McGowan is looking for circa ?8k a week, which aint going to happen. So we have him until January . He will then be punted, unless agreement can be reached. As you say he will then be frozen if he cannot be punted which is the Romanov way.

I didn't think anyone could eclipse the stupidity of Scott Sinclair going to Man City... then Templeton does this!

I'm not raging at Hearts for selling him, because i don't believe Temps had developed fully as a player. I'd personally rather have Ryan Stevenson in the team. However, what i'm struggling to comprehend is the decision of him throwing his career away. Are the modern day footballers really that stupid? yes, he'll get a few extra quid over there, but he won't develop any further than he has. In 3 years time, when The Rangers are back in the SPL, he'll be 26 years old and too late to begin his career again.

I would even have preferred he joined someone like Dundee United, because at least that would have made sense.

One question i need to ask, and perhaps Templeton should ask this himself, is would Rangers have bought him if they were still in the SPL? Not a chance.

gorgie rd eh11

As it says on the tin.

The deals to take Temps and Gowser to them is making me feel physically sick.

How can a team that have walked away from ?150 Million in debt be allowed to do this? I am totally and utterly shocked at how this can happen.

As for our glorious leader Romanov, well the sooner he fecks off the better. His statement earlier today was clearly aimed at Ryan McGowan. Basically told him that if he wanted more money then go elsewhere. This laddie was a future leader of Heart of Midlothian and he is being FORCED out the door by a man who no longer cares for his little Scottish toy.

I will not set foot in any Scottish Football stadium until true reform is undertaken (which probably means I will never see a Scottish football game again). I will spend no more money on Hearts until Romanov is a distant memory.

Even if we sign Rudi for another year, it will not make up for the loss of these 2.

:rofl:

Why would you be delighted with Ryan staying? You're totally finished with scottish football so what difference does it make?

Maybe Vlad is playing the long game here, taking money out of the coffers of a smells like shite must be shite football club, that if the forecasts of more action still to come from Administrators etc, then maybe he is squeezing the breathing tube of a dying species.

What would be nice is for the orcs to start having a little bad luck, how many times in the past have they had an over the top build up only to come crashing down in midst of widespread laughter.

:rofl:

Why would you be delighted with Ryan staying? You're totally finished with scottish football so what difference does it make?

Because it shows he has a bit of integrity.

Having read the Hearts website and seen the issues and sound reasoning behind the sale (plus having a sleep on the subject!!), I admit I went a bit over the score last night. There is no way I could walk away from Hearts. It would hurt too much.

Guest Dipped Flake

Having read the Hearts website and seen the issues and sound reasoning behind the sale (plus having a sleep on the subject!!), I admit I went a bit over the score last night. There is no way I could walk away from Hearts. It would hurt too much.

Good man, was just about to reply to your first post then saw this one. Hearts have explained the situation perfectly as far as I'm concerned so no problem at all with us punting him, especially if we got the rumoured ?800k. I am astonished at Templeton going to the 3rd division and also annoyed that the rangers can buy players but that's not Hearts fault

Ryan McGowan is looking for circa ?8k a week, which aint going to happen. So we have him until January . He will then be punted, unless agreement can be reached. As you say he will then be frozen if he cannot be punted which is the Romanov way.

?8k! You've just made that up. He's only played one full season.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

I didn't think anyone could eclipse the stupidity of Scott Sinclair going to Man City... then Templeton does this!

I'm not raging at Hearts for selling him, because i don't believe Temps had developed fully as a player. I'd personally rather have Ryan Stevenson in the team. However, what i'm struggling to comprehend is the decision of him throwing his career away. Are the modern day footballers really that stupid? yes, he'll get a few extra quid over there, but he won't develop any further than he has. In 3 years time, when The Rangers are back in the SPL, he'll be 26 years old and too late to begin his career again.

I would even have preferred he joined someone like Dundee United, because at least that would have made sense.

One question i need to ask, and perhaps Templeton should ask this himself, is would Rangers have bought him if they were still in the SPL? Not a chance.

I really thought Celtic would come in with a last-minute offer as he would improve their squad. The fact they didn't is revealing.

:thumbsup:

Apologies for the **** you post. I also went a bit over the score.

Drewjambobusby

?8k! You've just made that up. He's only played one full season.

Mate i can assure you i am not. Or should i say, i was told that is what he is looking for. The source is genuine, and has been right in past. Don`t really care if it`s right or wrong, just hope we can come to an agreement.

Well said Frank!!

I absolutely loathe Rangers/The Rangers/Newco and how they have managed to sneak out of this apparently debt free.

Yes they are now in Div 4 but they are getting 40,000 fans every second week debt free.

Yes it is crazy, but that is the law. The real blame lies with Murray and Whyte who racked up the huge debts, in Murray's case treated the rest of Scottish football like SH**e while doing almost nothing to eradicate the blatant sectarianism the exists among their support.

If Templeton wasn't going to sign a new contract with us then we were right to cash in.

If I was entering contract discussions, I would be making a point of telling all and sundry exactly what wages I will be looking for.

rolleyes.gif

Drewjambobusby

If I was entering contract discussions, I would be making a point of telling all and sundry exactly what wages I will be looking for.

rolleyes.gif

Wasn`t from Ryan. But fair enough. Not keen on the ITK posts. I only posted what i had been told. Probably shouldn`t have.

it is disappointing that temps has left and went to rangers but i can guarantee that if he stayed and went for nothing at the end of the season there would be outrage and seethe , So on the plus side we made some money the negative side it was Rangers who signed him

Thunderstruck

Well said Frank!!

The didn't pay taxes, they defrauded the league and they have come out of it (thus far) relatively well. They can afford to pay distinctly average players over a quarter of ?1m a year to play against part-timers who are on a pittance.

Crazy doesn't begin to describe it.

Seymour M Hersh

No denying, the OP is perhaps a little melodramatic / drama queenesque, and just about all of the responses which followed were completely predictable.

But..... I can totally understand the sentiments behind it. I wouldn't blame anyone for being completely disillusioned by this whole thing.

I see two different reasons to be disillusioned here, the fact that they've both kinda clashed here just amplifies everything that little bit more.

There's a Hearts specific reason in that we kinda have to ask ourselves 'whats the point' - the way things are, we will NEVER be able to build a team capable of regularly challenge for honours. Any time we stumble across a diamond, we have them for a season or two at best before they are punted on to make ends meet. This isn't a new thing, granted, but it's probably as apparent now as it'll ever be.

Then there's the 'general' picture and everything that's wrong with what's going on with Rangers. The fact that a team so deep in the doo doo having effectively gone under, can emerge from this and still be stronger than the team who are now really the second biggest in the land, is fundamentally wrong. They are getting away with murder.

So, two different things to be fed up about, and when they

come together and result in it being THEM doing the pillaging of our squad.......... Well, it doesn't make for pleasant viewing.

I'm not in the 'done with it' camp yet, but I can totally understand to position of folk who are. Rather than mock them and tell them to bolt, I'm more sad that it's reached that point.

Excellent post Erik. I have to admit I am heading in the same direction as the OP. Scottish football is a dead duck. For all the reasons you mention and also the people "ru(i)ning" Scottish football appear hellbent on getting the cheats back in to the top flight asap by hook or by crook.

Craig Herbertson

Understand the sentiments but I think Erik has nailed it. It's two problems.

Hearts are working in a system that seems to have been corrupt for twenty years or so. Our owner tried to work in that system, made mistakes, got frustrated and then realised that the system itself was basically unbeatable. Now with Scotland in a real position to change the system and sort it out on a fairer basis all we see is a club in a position to buy our players even though it owes millions. We see a hierarchy at the top that seem to be keen on pushing their agenda and a media which is laughably biased.

It's definitely the fact that Rangers are buying our players that is highlighting the horrible truth. While we do our cost cutting exercises, try to develop home grown talent, live within our means, Rangers waltz off in the same manner as before. It's really disheartening.

I've always felt that the only way forward is to somehow raise the fanbase to a level where we can put ourselves as good outsiders to the two teams in front. A big help is edging towards the European money, winning cups, challenging for the league. I think our owner's recent statement was really sharp. He wants committed players that see the club as development and are happy at Tynecastle until they take the financial bonus of a bigger club - and that's been earned by the development at Hearts.

We won the Scottish Cup this year and gained a lot of respect for our game against Liverpool. I like to think all this is going somewhere positive.

Archived