weird dreams

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Does anyone ever find that the dreams they have when they have a nap during the day are the best and weirdest dreams you have? Had one to day which was both weird and good. Can anyone explain why we dream?

As far as i can remember just now, we dream during REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is what we have for the first 30-45minutes of our sleep, and at several other stages during the night. We go from REM sleep to deep sleep and back again in a pattern throughout the night.

If you wake up during REM sleep you are much more likely to have been dreaming and therefore to remember the dream.

Am guessing you don't sleep for all long when having a nap which is why you'll remember.

What was the dream about anyway?

jamboinglasgow

well cant go into too many details but basicly one part was that I was in the apprentice which the weird bit but then I was sitting in the car and looked the side mirror and saw the face of a girl I used to fancy (and basicly she used to kiss me a bit odd at the end of the night but always realised that that wasn't normal when I was out of the club) anyway she was wearing a beautiful purple dress which she looked stunning in. She got into the car and started flirting with me. Anyway the dream went a bit weird and seemed to fast forward but I went to look the script for the dream (yeah it was weird) and skipped into the dream and I saw that I reject her advances thinking she is just being a real tease and I acted like I had a girlfriend already (which I dont.) Then I got worken up by the alarm that I set so I didn't have too long a nap.

Maybe too much information there but I heard from someone that dreams were about our brains organising all the day's memories but I haven't thought of her for a while, though have been listening to lady in red (I know) alot recently.

Can't say i really know anything about dream interpretation, was just being nosey more than anything about what it was about.

Maybe you've been thinking about her sub-conciously, or else maybe you've just realised she is a tease...

Either way i think you need to find some better music to listen to :P

jamboinglasgow
Can't say i really know anything about dream interpretation, was just being nosey more than anything about what it was about.

Maybe you've been thinking about her sub-conciously, or else maybe you've just realised she is a tease...

Either way i think you need to find some better music to listen to :P

I know, need better musci, but for some reason I just like lady in red. I think Chris de Burgh is a ^^^^

In a light sleep I can occasionally feel like I've really tripped up. It's a strange feeling.

How do you feel like you've tripped up when you're lying down? I've had falling but its not quite the same.

Carl Weathers
How do you feel like you've tripped up when you're lying down? I've had falling but its not quite the same.

Can't explain it - I must be moving in my dream and slip or trip over - I then feel a slight falling sensation.

It doesn't happen that often!

:rolleyes:

Rick Grimes
In a light sleep I can occasionally feel like I've really tripped up. It's a strange feeling.

have had that many a time. think its leg jerks that cause it.

my favourite dreams are flying dreams. not soaring above the clouds tho, just like i'm in a hurry & running then i lift both feet off the ground and start zipping about at whatever pace i like a few feet up. always wake up feeling cracking after those.

used to have semi-regular lucid dreams too, ie, where you know its a dream and you're in complete control. not had one for a few years sadly, but it always seemed to be an element of peril in the dream that made me snap out of the non-lucid state and into a, "so, what am i gonna do now :p" state. stupendous!

more regular now i get the succubus type, like something is sitting on your chest and you can't move. as i wake i occasionally see shadow shapes flitting away. much less fun than the lucid dreaming, but still weirdly entertaining....

Rick Grimes
As far as i can remember just now, we dream during REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is what we have for the first 30-45minutes of our sleep, and at several other stages during the night. We go from REM sleep to deep sleep and back again in a pattern throughout the night.

If you wake up during REM sleep you are much more likely to have been dreaming and therefore to remember the dream.

Am guessing you don't sleep for all long when having a nap which is why you'll remember.

think that's pretty much spot on, with the addition that the cycles from light REM sleep to deep then back are about 90 mins in total, but they repeat throughout the night. if you're woken suddenly from deep sleep that's when you'll feel at your groggiest & most out of it.

best way to remember dreams is go back to sleep for 30 mins or so at the weekend when you can doze after the alarm has intially woken you. you'd be surprised at the epics you can squeeze into half an hour :)

I dreamt last week that I was snogging Anne Robinson.

I only remembered when I saw her coupon on the front of Saturday's Sun.

:boak:

The thing that gets me is that it's a dream, I could get off with anyone I liked, Kelly Brook or Keeley Hazel, Christina Aguilera wearing those chaps from the Dirty video, or all the girls from the Lady Marmalade video (except Missy Elliot, she's a munter)

What is my id playing at?

Rick Grimes

your id's a realist....

;)

Commander Harris
I dreamt last week that I was snogging Anne Robinson.

I only remembered when I saw her coupon on the front of Saturday's Sun.

:boak:

The thing that gets me is that it's a dream, I could get off with anyone I liked, Kelly Brook or Keeley Hazel, Christina Aguilera wearing those chaps from the Dirty video, or all the girls from the Lady Marmalade video (except Missy Elliot, she's a munter)

Freud would say that you are everyone, and even everything, in your dreams. so when Anne Robinson appears she's actually some part of your psyche.(whatever you associate her with)

What does Anne Robinson mean to you?

Freud would say that you are everyone and even everything in your dreams. so when Anne Robinson appears she's actually some part of your psyche.

What does Anne Robinson mean to you?

Really, I don't want my freaky weird dream of winching Anne Robinson psychoanalysed, it's way too scary.

I don't pick scabs.

I don't open cans of worms.

I keep cats away from pigeons.

If I turn the music in my head up real loud I can block out the bad things.

la la la la la la

Commander Harris
Really, I don't want my freaky weird dream of winching Anne Robinson psychoanalysed, it's way too scary.

I don't pick scabs.

I don't open cans of worms.

I keep cats away from pigeons.

If I turn the music in my head up real loud I can block out the bad things.

la la la la la la

fair enough:D

we'll just take it literally and say you have a strange taste in fantasy women. :P

think that's jung approach to dreams, not freud. my mistake.

No, I think you'll find it's my mistake for dredging up a memory I've been trying to suppress.

I'm really tired and I'm scared to go sleep.

1-2 Annie's coming for you

3-4 Better lock your door

5-6 Grab your crucifix

7-8 Gonna stay up late

9-10 Never sleep again

The Old Tolbooth

I once had a dream that the vermin won the Scottish cup!!! :eek:

I woke up in a right state of panic, sweat dripping from my brow, angry as hell, and wanting to fight with anything that moved!!!

It took me a good half hour to calm down after it, but it was a dream that disturbed me all day long, such was the fear!

Legend Claws

Does anyone else agree that listening to people talk about their dreams is one the most boring things? Unless they say you were in the dream then you get really interested!

jamboinglasgow
Does anyone else agree that listening to people talk about their dreams is one the most boring things? Unless they say you were in the dream then you get really interested!

think it is interesting if they are quite crazy dreams

Ever have the dream where you're trying to get to someone, or something, but for the life of you, you can hardly put one leg past the other? Weird.

Lynn

Ever have the dream where you're trying to get to someone, or something, but for the life of you, you can hardly put one leg past the other? Weird.

Lynn

Not in a dream. but in real life, yes, usually alcohol involved.:confused:

tommythejambo

When I fall asleep in lectures at Uni I have some dead strange ones.

Been having alot of weird ones lately. Must be the bevvy.

Archived