Player Ratings

TheBigO

JMac: 7. Not loads to do, but positioning was good and he was quick off his line when needed

Gowzer: 9. Brilliant in what must surely now be his position. Sterling was my main worry prematch and RM did a great job on him as well as getting forward to good effect

Zal: 9. Can I say strolled it?! Looked untroubled and distribution top notch

Webster: 8. Solid and unfussy. OG was other end of ground but looked unlucky

Grainger: 8. Unspectacular but good in possession - linked well with Mehdi in particular

Paterson: 7. Maybe deserves more if considering age. Did what was asked but touch got away from him at times. Can be V PROUD of himself

Mehdi: 9 MOTM. Was in complete control 1st half (barring one wayword pass across own half). His control, awareness and composure a joy to watch

Barr: 7. Got stuck in, can't think of him putting a foot wrong, without having great influence

Arvy: 8. Talented boy! He's exciting and worked his hole off. Good shift. Another to be proud

Temps: 8. What a work he put in. Had a spell 1st half when nothing seemed to be coming off but he kept plugging and was a danger

Sutton: 5.5. Harsh, I know. The big fella tried hard but he just doesn't have it. Slow to react, doesn't show at the right time for the ball, too easily muscled out of it and I thought was our only weak link.

Driver: 5. What a chance he had, was right infront of me. Ball was hiding behind him and he just turned and swung at it. Thought he did OK though when he came on - couple of nice touches.

Carrick: 4. Nae time - did he touch it!?

Robinson: 5. Actually got on the ball a bit in his short appearance and did well with it.

McGlynn: 10. Don't see what more he could have done? I wasn't too happy when I heard the team and I'd always play Driver, but I'll hold my hands up and say I can't see how we could have done better. Maybe Smith could have got some gametime when it was apparent Sutton was getting no change from them? Nitpicking. But for being short of a final ball, or maybe someone to play it to more pertinently, he very nearly just coached us to a very famous night indeed.

Us, the fans 11: I was brilliant and so were you!

Archived