Is Billy Davies a realistic choice for Manager..

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

..Firstly let me say that I used to hate the wee scroat when he played and managed Motherwell - used to abhore his post match interviews bla bla.

But now that I am grown up;) and hopefully a bit wiser I would take Billy in a second.

I know it has been documented already but the guy has done decent jobs at the Championship clubs that he managed and he knows what the SPL is all about.

He is I believe still out of work, I hear you say but he is a Hun, so what - so where Jardine and MacDonald ( although I believe Sandy may have been a Hearts sympathiser )

Is he not the type of guy that we need at Gorgie - forget the Ranieri's, Koeman's, Gullit's;) - I'm sure Davies would give great thought to coming to Hearts alongside assurances no doubt about getting full control.

But this brings me to the crux - is Vlad really looking for a decent manager/coach who he will allow control of all team affairs??

I personally would take Davies over McGhee if it came to a choice, but i doubt there may not even be a choice.......this summer is either going to be a Burleyesque type period or totally cringeworthy - well what will it be:eek:

He wouldn't be my first choice but if we get him before May the 5th I may reconsider about renewing. Provided of course he was in charge and not a puppet. I would even take Craig Brown with him.

Drylaw Hearts

I think if he was a realistic choice we'd have hired him by now.

Unless he's incognito.

How apt.

Clerry Jambo
I think if he was a realistic choice we'd have hired him by now.

Unless he's incognito.

How apt.

That is my feeling aswell DH and which makes me lean towards thinking no half decent manager will be at Tynie next season:mad:

Davies would be my first (realistic) choice. Well ahead of McGhee... Although I would settle for McGhee.

Souness would be a great choice too.

We will probably end up with Ahavnaegotaclueskas.

Clerry Jambo
Davies would be my first (realistic) choice. Well ahead of McGhee... Although I would settle for McGhee.

Souness would be a great choice too.

We will probably end up with Ahavnaegotaclueskas.

Hahahahaha - like it

If this turns out to be the case then Vlad is more clueless than what I thought.

Drylaw Hearts
That is my feeling aswell DH and which makes me lean towards thinking no half decent manager will be at Tynie next season:mad:

I think the task of persuading someone with any credibilty to take the job is a massive one.

If it is to be a British Manager it will have to be someone desperate ( ala Rix ) or someone who has a strong relationship with CO.

I think it will be a Foreigner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwArZ8gbiAs

How apt.

Agree with the OP. I think he would be a great appointment and would definately be my realistic first choice.

He has passion, knows how to work the transfer market, will command respect, he isn't Frail and will be able to seperate the real football players from the fakes we have at the moment.

But unfortunately like a couple have said if he isn't in place yet then sadly I can't see him ever being in place.

..Firstly let me say that I used to hate the wee scroat when he played and managed Motherwell - used to abhore his post match interviews bla bla.

But now that I am grown up;) and hopefully a bit wiser I would take Billy in a second.

I know it has been documented already but the guy has done decent jobs at the Championship clubs that he managed and he knows what the SPL is all about.

He is I believe still out of work, I hear you say but he is a Hun, so what - so where Jardine and MacDonald ( although I believe Sandy may have been a Hearts sympathiser )

Is he not the type of guy that we need at Gorgie - forget the Ranieri's, Koeman's, Gullit's;) - I'm sure Davies would give great thought to coming to Hearts alongside assurances no doubt about getting full control.

But this brings me to the crux - is Vlad really looking for a decent manager/coach who he will allow control of all team affairs??

I personally would take Davies over McGhee if it came to a choice, but i doubt there may not even be a choice.......this summer is either going to be a Burleyesque type period or totally cringeworthy - well what will it be:eek:

Rodder's has ruled out BD if what he said at the AGM is anything to go by,did he not say that Vlad would still have some input in the first team,if so as said before that rules out BD,he spesifically said "no interference" in the first team.

I think the task of persuading someone with any credibilty to take the job is a massive one.

If it is to be a British Manager it will have to be someone desperate ( ala Rix ) or someone who has a strong relationship with CO.

I think it will be a Foreigner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwArZ8gbiAs

How apt.

Don't agree. Warnock was not exactly desperate and he publicised his wish for the job. I'm sure many others would take it too.

Drylaw Hearts
Don't agree. Warnock was not exactly desperate and he publicised his wish for the job. I'm sure many others would take it too.

I think this Seasons events will have had serious implications with regards to the number of 'Quality Applicants' for the job.

And if VR is going back on his word about 100% autonomy then we will struggle to find a decent option.

Billy Davies has been available for some time, we ain't gettin him. We are going to get Frail or a "Rix" or a Huvnaeacluekas and it won't be until July IMO, so no need for season ricket purchase just rock up on the day :evilno:

I think this Seasons events will have had serious implications with regards to the number of 'Quality Applicants' for the job.

And if VR is going back on his word about 100% autonomy then we will struggle to find a decent option.

As previously said ,if RR's statement is anything to go by then Vlad still want's an input,so it's goodbyee any decent manager.

Billy Davies.

I met/sat next to him a few weeks ago whilst he was giving an interview to an English Newspaper. Starbucks in Borders books, Buchanan St.

Anyway cut a long story short. I was looking for a way to waste some time before a meeting and figured I'd get a coffee. Walked in past Billy and reporter and figured once I got my coffee I'd sit down next to them to hear what he had to say.

I was extremely surprised. I, like many on here, thought of him as an ever so slightly incoherent ned, come manager. This like many was based purely on his television performances. I thought he was particularly articulate, which to be frank, is a far cry from how he seems to portray on TV.

As a manager I think there seems to be alot more to his abilities than what we see. I would welcome him to Hearts but suspect this would be unlikely.

Incidentally the interview he was giving was based on Derby being relegated and his time whilst there. Some interesting gossip on his departure from Derby.

Buffalo Bill

Yes I'd take him and I'd maybe even do a little dance in the living room.

But no, I don't think we'll get him.

Buffalo Bill

Clerry Jambo
Billy Davies.

I met/sat next to him a few weeks ago whilst he was giving an interview to an English Newspaper. Starbucks in Borders books, Buchanan St.

Anyway cut a long story short. I was looking for a way to waste some time before a meeting and figured I'd get a coffee. Walked in past Billy and reporter and figured once I got my coffee I'd sit down next to them to hear what he had to say.

I was extremely surprised. I, like many on here, thought of him as an ever so slightly incoherent ned, come manager. This like many was based purely on his television performances. I thought he was particularly articulate, which to be frank, is a far cry from how he seems to portray on TV.

As a manager I think there seems to be alot more to his abilities than what we see. I would welcome him to Hearts but suspect this would be unlikely.

Incidentally the interview he was giving was based on Derby being relegated and his time whilst there. Some interesting gossip on his departure from Derby.

Do you know if Davies and Derby have come to an agreement or is it still ongoing?

Drylaw Hearts
Yes I'd take him and I'd maybe even do a little dance in the living room.

But no, I don't think we'll get him.

Buffalo Bill

A Dance Nation type of little dance ?

Jubilee Spree

I think considering the huge cream puff Mr Davies went in with the owners/board of Derby there is little chance he'd put himself in the situation that exists at Hearts.

He wouldn't be my first choice but if we get him before May the 5th I may reconsider about renewing. Provided of course he was in charge and not a puppet. I would even take Craig Brown with him.
:eek:

portobellojambo1

In terms of the supporters I think someone like Billy Davies is probably very realistic, the sort of person the fans are probably looking for, and rightfully expect.

In terms of Heart of Midlothian Football Club's owner I think not, if Billy Davies was coming to Tynecastle he would already be here, he has been unemployed for a while now, and could have stepped right into the job.

Managers such as he, Mark McGhee, even Craig Levein and Jim Jefferies are all going to find it difficult, if not impossible, to work under the terms and conditions which will be laid down. We are not just trying to find a new manager, we are trying to resell HMFC as an attractive place to be, somewhere worth working in that capacity, and I wouldn't like to be the person doing that job of selling the club and the manager's job, it will not be easy.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

In an ideal(ish) world he would have been our manager since the third week in January.

In an ideal(ish) world he would have been our manager since the third week in January.

edit - i think our mnager has been in place since the 3rd week of January

Clerry Jambo

In terms of the supporters I think someone like Billy Davies is probably very realistic, the sort of person the fans are probably looking for, and rightfully expect.

In terms of Heart of Midlothian Football Club's owner I think not, if Billy Davies was coming to Tynecastle he would already be here, he has been unemployed for a while now, and could have stepped right into the job.

Managers such as he, Mark McGhee, even Craig Levein and Jim Jefferies are all going to find it difficult, if not impossible, to work under the terms and conditions which will be laid down. We are not just trying to find a new manager, we are trying to resell HMFC as an attractive place to be, somewhere worth working in that capacity, and I wouldn't like to be the person doing that job of selling the club and the manager's job, it will not be easy.

Isn't it so bloody frustrating that there are a lot of good managers out there and available but we are very unlikely to ask or get any of them:mad:

Do you know where hell is

Having listened to the fedotovas interview on hearts world i have came to the conclusion that the manager will not be british. If you listen to what he says and read between the lines it is obvious that he is trying to convince us that nationality should be of no concern when selecting a manager as a good manager will be good wherever he is, be it at home or abroad.

In my opinion this is probably the biggest nod yet that we are to be prepared for yet another foreign manager. Normally i would have no problem with this but given the type of foreign manager we have brung in, in the past, it is very worrying.

I hope i am wrong but i have a bad feeling we will be asked to embark on yet another leap of faith next season. The fact that it appears we are actively looking to release and sign players whilst we have no manager is in my opinion proof that we will not get what we would call a "manager".

Finally getting Scala......

He has always been a popular choice! He did say he was learning the lingo.. maybe took him a few years to learn how to say .....

Oi! Romanov....NO! I appreciate you are a frustrated wanna be football manager, who has won the SPL five times in a row with Hearts on Football Manager 2008 (he used the editor function) and I appreciate the fact that you have more money than I could ever dream of, but that does not give you the right to tell me who to play in my football team. keep out of my dressing room and stiffen that bottom lip or I will be forced to slap you!

Harry Enfield stylee!

Clerry Jambo
Having listened to the fedotovas interview on hearts world i have came to the conclusion that the manager will not be british. If you listen to what he says and read between the lines it is obvious that he is trying to convince us that nationality should be of no concern when selecting a manager as a good manager will be good wherever he is, be it at home or abroad.

In my opinion this is probably the biggest nod yet that we are to be prepared for yet another foreign manager. Normally i would have no problem with this but given the type of foreign manager we have brung in, in the past, it is very worrying.

I hope i am wrong but i have a bad feeling we will be asked to embark on yet another leap of faith next season. The fact that it appears we are actively looking to release and sign players whilst we have no manager is in my opinion proof that we will not get what we would call a "manager".

Looks very much like it - I cannae wait for the excuse/reason/spin we get when Frail or some No-name gets wheeled in the front of the cameras to be pronounced Heid Coach.

Would take him in a second. Like other's have said though, if we were getting him, we'd have have him by now.

Still not in employment though, would definately be worth asking.

Clerry Jambo
Would take him in a second. Like other's have said though, if we were getting him, we'd have have him by now.

Still not in employment though, would definately be worth asking.

.....was there not some legal issue with Derby to be sorted before he could talk to other clubs - or has that been resolved now?:confused:

Only a Game
.....was there not some legal issue with Derby to be sorted before he could talk to other clubs - or has that been resolved now?:confused:

I was about to pick up on that also.

I'm fairly sure he refused the compensation/severement package from Derby and as such is still contracted to them and still receiving a wage. I suppose he could have been speaking to Hearts in the meantime and might even have signed a pre-contract for all we know, but cant have it announced until his contract with Derby expires or they'll stop paying him ?

Clerry Jambo
I was about to pick up on that also.

I'm fairly sure he refused the compensation/severement package from Derby and as such is still contracted to them and still receiving a wage. I suppose he could have been speaking to Hearts in the meantime and might even have signed a pre-contract for all we know, but cant have it announced until his contract with Derby expires or they'll stop paying him ?

This was my thoughts OAG but have never seen anything in the media...

Although I think Davies could potentially be a good manager for us, I'm not convinced he would be allowed to do so.

In addition to this, I severely dislike the man.

Archived