Drogba

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Personally I think the guy is an embarrassment to football.

What height is he? Well over 6 foot anyway and as strong as any centre half he comes up against yet he is rarely off his arse.

Tonight was a joke, any contact and he was on the deck rolling about. Twice the physios came on when he was absolutely fine. Even the commentators were moaning.

The funny thing is that when he plays without cheating and puts in 100% he is a brilliant striker and nightmare to play against yet he opts to be a cheating tosser who spends most of his time greeting to the ref.

If I was a Chelsea fan I think I would hate him.

I wish FIFA would hammer the fecker.

The Old Tolbooth

What height is he? Well over 6 foot anyway and as strong as any centre half he comes up against yet he is rarely off his arse.

Tonight was a joke, any contact and he was on the deck rolling about. Twice the physios came on when he was absolutely fine. Even the commentators were moaning.

The funny thing is that when he plays without cheating and puts in 100% he is a brilliant striker and nightmare to play against yet he opts to be a cheating tosser who spends most of his time greeting to the ref.

I agree totally with you about Drogba AP, however, I also thought that Torres was on his arse more than need be tonight too and went down too easily for my liking.

I agree totally with you about Drogba AP, however, I also thought that Torres was on his arse more than need be tonight too and went down too easily for my liking.

He was.

Dived for the free kick that led to the goal.

Not just talking about Drogba tonight though, I mean every fecking game!

Last season, Drogba had learned to stay on his feet and was awesome.

This season, he has reverted to his cheating ways.

6 foot 4 inches, built like a tank and yet goes down as soon as you brush the hem of his shirt.

Cheating bassa.

I think the whole Chelsea team are an embarrassment. Always leading with the arm, falling at the drop of a hat etc etc. and ask for that big nancy boy with his socks over his knees.......

Where's the honesty?

Christ knows how he can sleep at night. Raping the game of football.

with a drink of Horlicks He'll sleep fine lol

Say What Again

Totally agree John. I don't really care for either club but thought Drogba was singled out as a play actor (from the commentators and the Liverpool fans) while Torres flew through the air and rolled about all night with very little mention.

Both good players BOTH should pack it in.

I posted earlier about this...I thought that Kevin Thomson was the ONLY Ugly diving cheatin Scrote that wore a Manky Blue Jersey until I watch Dogbreath last night...That P**** is a Disgrace to the game, I hope Next time he goes down like he's been shot, Someone ACCIDENTALY Stands on his Face!!

boabyarsebiscuit

Haven't you got a Ken Bigley memorial to attend or something?

The tie is open. Liverpool might still win. Why the bitterness? Especially with Torres diving galore for Liverpool?

Dunno why Drogba gets all the abuse about diving, when several other players on the park last night are normally just as bad

boabyarsebiscuit
Dunno why Drogba gets all the abuse about diving, when several other players on the park last night are normally just as bad

There's a story in the bible about pointing out a splinter in someone's eye while ignoring the block of wood in your own.

(Block of wood = Torres)

The tie is open. Liverpool might still win. Why the bitterness? Especially with Torres diving galore for Liverpool?

Haha.

I don't actually support an English team. Read the rest of the thread, I agreed that Torres also dived last night.

My bitterness and hatred is towards Diddy Drogba. :mad:

boabyarsebiscuit
I agreed that Torres also dived last night.

My bitterness and hatred is towards Diddy Drogba. :mad:

Why's that? Because Torres is white and Drogba is black? Is skin colour the issue then, seeing it's not the diving?

Why's that? Because Torres is white and Drogba is black? Is skin colour the issue then, seeing it's not the diving?

Oh dear. What a clown.

boabyarsebiscuit
Oh dear. What a clown.

OK. Don't answer the question. You got this tactic from Roman at the AGM, yes?

Drogba dives. New thread started "troll style" even though you can have your pick of "Come on Liverpool" or "Well done Chelsea" threads to post on.

Torres dives. Not worthy of mention.

Seems you have some kind of issue, I was wondering what it was.

Drogba dives. New thread started "troll style" even though you can have your pick of "Come on Liverpool" or "Well done Chelsea" threads to post on.

The thing is, I have watched Drogba dive ever since he moved to the Premiership. Torres may well dive a lot, but I'm not listing every player that I think is a cheat. You will see that I agreed Torres dived later on the thread, just ignoring that to suit your agenda are you?

I think it's pathetic that a guy the size and strength of most defenders can fall about for most of the game and get away with it.

As for the 'troll style' comment, fortunately I don't have to ask you or anyone else when I can start a new thread.

If you that I'm being racist then fine, it's not going to spoil my day!

Personally think Drogba is a diving cheating clown that brings shame on the game almost every week i see him.

Torres dives as well however i tend not to see it every single minute of every single game with him.

Drogba on the other hand is at it all the time.

Nothing racist in that its simple they both cheat i just see Drogba do it more often therefore hate him more.

boabyarsebiscuit
As for the 'troll style' comment, fortunately I don't have to ask you or anyone else when I can start a new thread.

No, you don't. But you need to follow the forum rule on trolling. I suggest you read it.

Your thread could easily be merged onto either of the Liverpool/Chelsea threads without any loss in context (not that I'm telling the moderators how to moderate, as that's against the rules too).

Personally think Drogba is a diving cheating clown that brings shame on the game almost every week i see him.

Torres dives as well however i tend not to see it every single minute of every single game with him.

Drogba on the other hand is at it all the time.

Nothing racist in that its simple they both cheat i just see Drogba do it more often therefore hate him more.

You didn't start a new thread mentioning diving by one player while ignoring diving by another. Torres dived just as much as Drogba last night, but with ITV1 commentators tending to focus on Drogba every time he went down, while choosing to ignore Torres' cheating, it's easy to see why you didn't notice it as much.

Drogba came in for some heavy treatment and he was happy to go to ground to win the foul.

There is no rule saying that you have to accept getting kicked up and down the park if you are over six foot tall.

I reckon he was only 70% fit last night and he should be back to his best for the final.

No, you don't. But you need to follow the forum rule on trolling. I suggest you read it.

Your thread could easily be merged onto either of the Liverpool/Chelsea threads without any loss in context (not that I'm telling the moderators how to moderate, as that's against the rules too).

You didn't start a new thread mentioning diving by one player while ignoring diving by another. Torres dived just as much as Drogba last night, but with ITV1 commentators tending to focus on Drogba every time he went down, while choosing to ignore Torres' cheating, it's easy to see why you didn't notice it as much.

I think there was a large degree of cleverness on Drogba's part too. He drew fouls and took the pressure off Chelsea when Liverpool were dominating. Even spending some time on the deck to take the pace out the game. He knew they were losing and a second could be devastating and that their best chance of a goal may have been a set piece. At the end of the day I am sure he'll take the cheat accusations with a pinch of salt and be delighted with 1-1.

Why is it when things are being discussed about a White and Black person, IF you think the black person is in the wrong you're AUTOMATICALLY a Rascist??

:evilno: Get a Grip and Grow Up...T....

CF11JamTart
Why is it when things are being discussed about a White and Black person, IF you think the black person is in the wrong you're AUTOMATICALLY a Rascist??

:evilno: Get a Grip and Grow Up...T....

Well put.

I thought that Bernard Hopkins fought a dirty fight on Saturday night against Calazaghe, and I thought he deserved to lose. Does that make me racist?

Agree with the negative sentiments about Drogba. Players dive a lot more than they did 20years ago, and sadly it has become "accepted" to a certain degree by commentators (unless it's Miko and the commentators are Scottish). Torres falls over. Ronaldo falls over.

But Drogba takes it to a new level, it is just incessant. Although interestingly, he seemed to stay on his feet more playing for Cote d'Ivoire during the African Cup of Nations.

Gerd Muller

You so want to be a moderator! ;)

Ray Winstone

Drogba = erse of the highest order!

Absolutely despise watching him play!

Didier Drogba is a superb striker, but he does go down far too easily. I don't even worry when he's rolling about on the ground any more. I know he'll always get back.

He goes down at the right times though, never dives, just goes down easily. Clever play if your a Chelsea fan. ;)

As a Chelsea fan I have been disappointed to see Drogba go back to his antics of his 1st season here. I am not sure if it is because he is about to leave and is working his ticket or not however if he just done what he is really good at he would be up there with Ronaldo this season (mind you he is a diver as well)

Last season, Drogba had learned to stay on his feet and was awesome.

This season, he has reverted to his cheating ways.

Last season he had Mourinho.

This season he doesn't care.

Bert Le Clos

He goes down at the right times though, never dives, just goes down easily

If you tell yourself something enough, eventually you start believing it!

Where's your Ronaldo thread AP ?

Sorry JamboRossi, I was at the pub so couldn't post on Kickback. :)

The Old Tolbooth

Totally agree regarding Ronaldo throwing himself down at every opportunity too, he was FAR worse than Drogba or Torres was on Tuesday night.

There were times when he was properly fouled, but he's got a reputation like Miko and ref's dont give him much. No need for it too as he's a brilliant player.

On the other hand, how many times did a Barca player dive last night also? I cant stand Man Utd but I actually thought they were a little hard done by last night (christ I almost choked admitting that!)

JamboRossi79
Sorry JamboRossi, I was at the pub so couldn't post on Kickback. :)

Cool AP, so you would have posted one then if you were at the PC ? ;)

IIRC, the referee didn't give a foul because he thought Drogba hadn't been fouled and probably knew he was also feigning it. In my opinion the referee made the mistake of allowing treatment once the ball was dead, despite the fact he knew Drogba was at it and should have just left him lying.

There should be a 'hand gesture' refs should be allowed to use in these circumstances to indicate to the stadium and televsion audiences that in his opinion, the player is at it.

Cool AP, so you would have posted one then if you were at the PC ? ;)

Possibly JR, I wasn't really paying attention to tell you the truth so couldn't comment on Ronaldos antics.

Hope this helps. :)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The first rule of English football is that you do not criticise Liverpool (also known at the 'Kop Kings', so used to those 'special European nights at Anfield').

The second rule of English football is that you do not criticise Liverpool (also known as the 'five-times champions of Europe', 'Rafa's heroes' and 'next season's Premiership champions')

The third rule of English football is that everyone else is fair game.

Prat. Knowing the family I think thats a pretty disgusting comment. What a ****my human being.

If you tell yourself something enough, eventually you start believing it!

It's true. Ever seen him being booked for diving?

crazy_jambo_2006

I hate Chelsea. I think Drogba's an awesome striker, but does dive too much. He needs to avoid doing that. After all, he has the ability to score awesome goals if he isn't falling about all the time. I am a Man Utd man, so I hope Drogba dives and gets sent off on Saturday. Unlikely, but I can hope.

As a Man Utd man, I am not completely blinkered - Ronaldo needs to stop falling over at every opportunity as well. Souness was right when he said Ronaldo is always falling over.

Having said that, I still hate Chelsea. They buy everyone. At least United bring on British players, Chelsea have bought the few British players they have.

Archived