Rangers get their way again.

RockyBalboa

Nothing on the BBC web site?

McGeady was saying no way they should be allowed to extend the season.

No doubt Smeltic will be up in arms if it does happen but IMHO can't see them beating Fiorentina.

Funny though how Rangers want the season extended and Hearts probably wish it to end now. ;)

marshallschunkychicken
SPL to be extended if they make the final. :rolleyes:

Just as well Fiorentina are going to hump them then.

Funny though how Rangers want the season extended and Hearts probably wish it to end now. ;)

I think we can do some good things with the youth with our remaining games if frail has the balls to go for it. just chuck some of the U19s in.

I fail to see how the season can finish on time now anyway. If Rangers play 2 games a week between now and 18th May, they will still have a game left ...

Guest JamboRobbo

To be honest, I think that's the correct decision in this instance. Whatever else we think of them, they've done well in all competitions, and are now in a position where it's not really possible to play all those games in that space of time.

The part that is wrong, is that, had it not been Rangers, it probably wouldn't have happened.

RockyBalboa
To be honest, I think that's the correct decision in this instance. Whatever else we think of them, they've done well in all competitions, and are now in a position where it's not really possible to play all those games in that space of time.

The part that is wrong, is that, had it not been Rangers, it probably wouldn't have happened.

Yeah, cannae argue with that at all. :cool:

I hope you're not suggesting that there is a bias towards a weeg club.

Just as well you're not a Lithuanian or you'd get slaughtered in the press for saying such a thing (and on here as well)

RockyBalboa
I fail to see how the season can finish on time now anyway. If Rangers play 2 games a week between now and 18th May, they will still have a game left ...

They should have thought of that when they were asking for Gretna matches to be postponed and players being rested for the Scotland match. :eek:

RockyBalboa

And if it's getting extended until the 22 May, does that mean everyones final matches will be played on a Thursday or just the Huns?

ToadKiller Dog

I thought St Mirren(think its them) said they had already made plans of a team holiday at the end of the season ,will they be compensated?

A farce of an end to a farce of a season .

marshallschunkychicken
They should have thought of that when they were asking for Gretna matches to be postponed and players being rested for the Scotland match. :eek:

Correct. And claiming as part of their request that their european opponents had requested that their game was postponed, when they had in fact, not.

Unbelievably, if Rangers get to the UEFA Cup Final, our game against Gretna is being moved to Thursday 8th May. Aside from the fact that neither we or Gretna have any outstanding games to play, this will undoubtedly reduce the crowd (I know it will be pretty small anyway). Is the SPL now trying to put Gretna out of business?

We will play Monday, Thursday, Saturday as a result.

Well done to the SPL - for once. It's only right that we should be doing everything we can to help Rangers FC in the UEFA Cup as it's good for the coefficient. :)

And if it's getting extended until the 22 May, does that mean everyones final matches will be played on a Thursday or just the Huns?

If the league is to be decided on the last day, then the whole top 6 (or the OF at least) will need to play the same day.

As ever, the SFA are jumping through hoops to give Rangers what they want.

Think that it was JamboRobbo who said earlier in the thread that this was the correct decision but made for the wrong reasons, but I disagree - it's just the wrong decision for me. Rangers knew at the start of the season how long it could potentially be, as did every other team. The league isn't supposed to be made easier to suit teams playing in other competitions - if teams in Rangers' position aren't prepared in advance to be playing on sseveral fronts, it's their own fault if that hinders them.

Well done to the SPL - for once. It's only right that we should be doing everything we can to help Rangers FC in the UEFA Cup as it's good for the coefficient. :)

:rolleyes:

RockyBalboa
If the league is to be decided on the last day, then the whole top 6 (or the OF at least) will need to play the same day.

Brutal. Hopefully Hibs v Well won't be moved as it's on Setanta :)

Midloth_Iain

If they reach the Uefa final :

Gretna v Hearts Thursday 8th May 19:45 :sad:

Saturday 17th May Motherwell v Rangers

Tuesday 20th May St Mirren v Rangers

Thursday 22nd May Aberdeen v Rangers

Presumably our game is shifted to free up Fir Park on the Sunday for the Well v Gers game ?

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/37/ea/0,,10002~125495,00.pdf

As ever, the SFA are jumping through hoops to give Rangers what they want.

Think that it was JamboRobbo who said earlier in the thread that this was the correct decision but made for the wrong reasons, but I disagree - it's just the wrong decision for me. Rangers knew at the start of the season how long it could potentially be, as did every other team. The league isn't supposed to be made easier to suit teams playing in other competitions - if teams in Rangers' position aren't prepared in advance to be playing on sseveral fronts, it's their own fault if that hinders them.

If you want to play at that level you have to be willing to play that many games.

Unfortunately JR is right that, if it wasnt Rangers, it wouldnt happen.

Brutal. Hopefully Hibs v Well won't be moved as it's on Setanta :)

It'll depend if the UEFA cup spots are decided yet as well, as Well play the huns later on too.

Guest JamboRobbo
If you want to play at that level you have to be willing to play that many games.

Yes, but when games go to replays etc, it's normal for other games get moved back. Usually, there aren't so many replays, or a team isn't in every cup, so enough free midweeks are found. I don't think it'd be fair to expect any team to play saturday, tuesday, thursday saturday......

I do agree with the point above about Rangers having their Gretna game postponed through choice - if it's just down to that one game then fair do's Rangers should take the hit they made their choice at the time. But they shouldn't be punished for being successfell to the point where there aren't enough days in the week for all their games.

joke decision.

Walter said two weeks ago he wouldnt have asked for it to be extended....

Gordon Smith must have offered it. on a plate. with a big kiss. and a rub of he crotch.... followed closesly by a hug, followed by a funny hand shake.

As ever,the SFA are jumping through hoops to give Rangers what they want.

Once again WHAT HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH THE SFA.

Presumably our game is shifted to free up Fir Park on the Sunday for the Well v Gers game ?

Because their ****ing pitch is such a ****ing disgrace, you mean? Why should we have to play 3 games in the space of 6 days simply because Rangers haven't played games when they could and should have and Motherwell's pitch is unfit for purpose???:evilno:

Okay, SPL, whatever.

I can post that in caps, if you like? It'll make me look clever. Maybe I'll even miss out some punctuation and spell a few words wrongly to complete the look.

SPL = joke.

They should never have agreed to the GFA's request for the games involving Rangers/Celtic to be postponed before the Italian game and they should never had cancelled the Old-Firm game when O'Donnell passed away.

Rangers have a squad like everyone else, they should be made to use it.

Said at the time of the Italian game cancellations that the decision would come back to bite them on the bum, and i am sure this decision will come back to haunt them also.

Shocking but not a suprising decision.

H J Simpson

But for me it's their own fault. They requested a game against Gretna be posponed cause they had a European game the following mid-week. Surely it's a squad game and they could have fielded Alexander, Gow, Buffell etc and still had more than enough to get by.

Is there still not a St.Mirren v Rangers game that was cancelled at the GFA's request to be fitted in?

RockyBalboa
It'll depend if the UEFA cup spots are decided yet as well, as Well play the huns later on too.

True. :mad:

Nutshell.

RockyBalboa
joke decision.

Walter said two weeks ago he wouldnt have asked for it to be extended....

Gordon Smith must have offered it. on a plate. with a big kiss. and a rub of he crotch.... followed closesly by a hug, followed by a funny hand shake.

Haha. I just imagined all of that....too much coffee me thinks :eek:

marshallschunkychicken
Okay, SPL, whatever.

I can post that in caps, if you like? It'll make me look clever. Maybe I'll even miss out some punctuation and spell a few words wrongly to complete the look.

Your signature makes me cry.

Your signature makes me cry.

Now, teh burth of teh Christ was liek dis: After Marry and Joseph waz all "We's gonna get marrieded, kthnx", but before dey could had hankiez pankiez Mary was all preggarz from Teh Ceiling Cat. Joseph was liek "I has virjn - NOOOO dey be stealin my virjn! Must hied hur". But when he was tihnkin, zomg, a WallCat frm Ceiling Cat was liek, "Oh hai! I'm in ur dreemz, givin u messij. Don't be scairdy cat. Taek Mary as ur wife - is virjn. But teh Forse is strong in tihs wun, lol! HovrCat is on hur, givn hur feetus, srsly." So Joseph was liek " Oh yey I'm gonna love him and squeez him and call him George." But Wallcat was liek "No, you gonna call him Jebus, cso George bad name, srsly. cuz he save kittehs frum bein bad kittehs. Kthxbai." So all dis was all did cuz Ceiling Cat had sed it wud be. His proffit was all liek: "Hay guise, look! teh virjn iz all pr3ggers, and dey gonna call him A-manual", dat be joospeek for "Ceiling Cat wit us" Then Joseph waked up, done wat teh anjel frm Ceiling Cat tolded him to, and was all liek "U wit me now lol" at Mary. And dey didnt has teh buttsechs til affer dey gets a son and calleded him Jebus. Kthnx.

Our season will finish on the 10th May and everyone else?s on the 22nd!!!

Pretty chuffed about that myself.

Are you trying to say the authorities are trying to assist in Rangers quest for league points.

Jeez, you are starting to sound like Roman Romanov.:biggrin:

H J Simpson

I really hope Rangers go to St Mirren needing a win for the title and as St Mirren apparently have a team holiday booked they field their U19 side and Rangers pump them by 7 or 8 goals.

There will be outrage by the bead-rattling Hoopy the Huddle Hound (copywrite Sunday Herald Sport) brigade and will show up the SPL for the farce it is.

marshallschunkychicken
Now, teh burth of teh Christ was liek dis: After Marry and Joseph waz all "We's gonna get marrieded, kthnx", but before dey could had hankiez pankiez Mary was all preggarz from Teh Ceiling Cat. Joseph was liek "I has virjn - NOOOO dey be stealin my virjn! Must hied hur". But when he was tihnkin, zomg, a WallCat frm Ceiling Cat was liek, "Oh hai! I'm in ur dreemz, givin u messij. Don't be scairdy cat. Taek Mary as ur wife - is virjn. But teh Forse is strong in tihs wun, lol! HovrCat is on hur, givn hur feetus, srsly." So Joseph was liek " Oh yey I'm gonna love him and squeez him and call him George." But Wallcat was liek "No, you gonna call him Jebus, cso George bad name, srsly. cuz he save kittehs frum bein bad kittehs. Kthxbai." So all dis was all did cuz Ceiling Cat had sed it wud be. His proffit was all liek: "Hay guise, look! teh virjn iz all pr3ggers, and dey gonna call him A-manual", dat be joospeek for "Ceiling Cat wit us" Then Joseph waked up, done wat teh anjel frm Ceiling Cat tolded him to, and was all liek "U wit me now lol" at Mary. And dey didnt has teh buttsechs til affer dey gets a son and calleded him Jebus. Kthnx.

:rolleyes::laugh:

RockyBalboa
I really hope Rangers go to St Mirren needing a win for the title and as St Mirren apparently have a team holiday booked they field their U19 side and Rangers pump them by 7 or 8 goals.

There will be outrage by the bead-rattling Hoopy the Huddle Hound (copywrite Sunday Herald Sport) brigade and will show up the SPL for the farce it is.

That would be funny as **** :)

powerful post.

ToadKiller Dog

Scottish football really is mickey mouse ,A joke of an ending to a farce of a season.Hillarious.Will anybody turn up to thurs night game vrs Gretna ,why should other teams suffer financially because of rangers doing well in europe?

Rangers are one of the two richest clubs in scotland and have a deep enough squad to cover all there games .

Derby Dominance

Only in Scotland !!

England - 3 teams in CL semis. No problems finishing league on time.

Scotland - 1 team in UEFA semis; can't complete fixtures.

Romanov went too far saying it was corrupt but the SPL and its organisation is a farce

Boab Mugabe

As an advocate of a summer league I think it's shown Scottish football up for the pishy set up it is.

Mind you, I have no qualms about getting this season officially done with as quickly as possible. The club gave up in August.

The Old Tolbooth

An absolute disgrace that our game is shifted to accomodate that mob if that's the case!

If it comes to it then why cant we play our last game at Livingston against Gretna, like smeltic were allowed to do? If it's good enough for them then it's good enough for us surely!

If they wont let us do that then they cant expect any Hearts fan to want der hun to reach the UEFA cup final as a lot of fans have an end of season pish up planned, and not for a Thursday bloody night! :evilno:

An absolute disgrace that our game is shifted to accomodate that mob if that's the case!

If it comes to it then why cant we play our last game at Livingston against Gretna, like smeltic were allowed to do? If it's good enough for them then it's good enough for us surely!

If they wont let us do that then they cant expect any Hearts fan to want der hun to reach the UEFA cup final as a lot of fans have an end of season pish up planned, and not for a Thursday bloody night! :evilno:

Good call.

And why are we being moved anyway?!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The only good thing to come out of this is that St Mirrens holidays will be fecked. :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Only in Scotland !!

Romanov went too far saying it was corrupt but the SPL and its organisation is a farce

Exactly.

The Huns should have considered the consequences when they were drawing at home to Partick or postponing games for the national team!

Total joke this.

Moving the goal posts to make it easier for Gordon Smiths team.

Guest JamboRobbo
Only in Scotland !!

the obvious difference being that no teams in england also went to league cup final and fa cup final with multiple replays on the way.

If man utd or chelsea had done the same as rangers in fa/league cup, england would currently have exactly the same problem as we have.

Very easy just to blame the SFA, but it ain't an SFA or scottish problem. It's just down to the fact rangers have gone all the way in every competion they are in, with multiple replays along the way.

Archived