It's OK To Sign 15 Players When It's Rangers

hawaii

Article in The Herald basically saying that Walter Smith is the reincarnation of Nostradamus for signing 11 players in the summer and 4 more in January to cover injuries in the title run in.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2214116.0.Smith_policy_makes_sense_now.php

Wonder who is booked up on Mr Murray's private jet over to Fiorentina eh?

Guest JamboRobbo

I'd say it's ok to sign 15 players if they are good enough and make you a better team/squad and you go on to be successful in europe and the league and cups.

It's also say it's not so clever to sign 11 players if they are mostly diddies and contribute to poor performances and results.

Article in The Herald basically saying that Walter Smith is the reincarnation of Nostradamus for signing 11 players in the summer and 4 more in January to cover injuries in the title run in.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2214116.0.Smith_policy_makes_sense_now.php

I'd be overjoyed if we had done the same!

Great foresight if you ask me.

Signing 11 in the summer (when you are building a team) and signing 11 in the January window (when you already have a strong nucleus of a winning side and need to strengthen/cover positions) is completely different.

sandy hearts

Still i think hearts were unjustly slated for having such a big squad. 63 players? considering the fact that they were mostly youth i.e gary glen no.60 i would like to know how many rangers have if the weegia was to include their youth teams

MackaysCentreSpot
Still i think hearts were unjustly slated for having such a big squad. 63 players? considering the fact that they were mostly youth i.e gary glen no.60 i would like to know how many rangers have if the weegia was to include their youth teams

Going by their official site Rangers have 43 in their first team squad and 31 in their reserve/U19's squad which totals 75 if I am correct.

Our official site show we have 35 in the first team squad and 30 reserve/U19's that equal 65.

I'd say it's ok to sign 15 players if they are good enough and make you a better team/squad and you go on to be successful in europe and the league and cups.

It's also say it's not so clever to sign 11 players if they are mostly diddies and contribute to poor performances and results.

Agreed. To think that there were threads on at the beginning of the season having a pop at the Glasgow two for their signings.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Also, their 15 were signed by a manager who knows what he's doing. Nobody criticised us when Burley added tonnes of players in the summer of 2005. It was only when Brent and Gareth decided to bulk buy the press began taking the p155 - and rightly so.

Going by their official site Rangers have 43 in their first team squad and 31 in their reserve/U19's squad which totals 75 if I am correct.

You aren't...it's only 74.

Archived