I know we already knew it but seeing it in writing makes it so much more embarassing-

Gimme an H...

Gimme an H...

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-wait-on-Vlad39s-star.4005963.jp

Presently, Hearts have no official scouting system and, in the recent past, Romanov has enlisted help from sport director Alex Koslovski and deputy chief executive Pedro Lopez to identify new players. He has also worked in this area himself, spotting Spanish midfielder Ruben Palazuelos amongst others.

I probably have more time for Pedro than I do for the rest of them but letting someone with absolutely zero knowledge of football decide on players is laughable.

Guest JamboRobbo
http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-wait-on-Vlad39s-star.4005963.jp

Presently, Hearts have no official scouting system and, in the recent past, Romanov has enlisted help from sport director Alex Koslovski and deputy chief executive Pedro Lopez to identify new players. He has also worked in this area himself, spotting Spanish midfielder Ruben Palazuelos amongst others.

I probably have more time for Pedro than I do for the rest of them but letting someone with absolutely zero knowledge of football decide on players is laughable.

Agreed. It's laughable. World wide scouting network. Alex and Pedro

dumb-dumber.jpg

This is what I make of the article....

Hearts have no "official" scouting system ATM. They have scouts, and John Murray helps identify players along with said members of staff.

They are going to restructure it all and present us with a modern, british based scouting system......

So its not all doom and gloom. I agree it makes us sound amateurish but if you believe the article, they are going about correcting it. This is surely a good thing...no?

Or is my glass half full today cos I am going on holiday on thur?

Guest JamboRobbo

Hearts have no "official" scouting system ATM. They have scouts, and John Murray helps identify players along with said members of staff.

They are going to restructure it all and present us with a modern, british based scouting system......

So its not all doom and gloom. I agree it makes us sound amateurish but if you believe the article, they are going about correcting it. This is surely a good thing...no?

Agree uit's a good thing they are finally going to correct it.

On the other hand, it's laughable (and indicitive of the farcical way our club is being run) that

a) they thought sending dumb and dumber to south america would work in the first place

B) it's taken them till now (3 years down the line) to realise that it doesn't work..

ToadKiller Dog

Thats how i read but still got wouldn't be kickback with out the **** take of the club ,have we ever had a proper integrated scouting network?

Dr. Bapswent

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-wait-on-Vlad39s-star.4005963.jp

PROPOSALS aimed at revolutionising Hearts' scouting network in Britain and across Europe are awaiting ratification from majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov, the Evening News can reveal.

Academy director John Murray is behind the idea to appoint a head of scouting to organise the programme, which would focus on unearthing the best British talent for Hearts' first team whilst developing new contacts in England and on the continent.

Murray has formalised plans to that effect for the perusal of Romanov and his board of directors.

The plan would see Hearts strategically enlist scouts across the UK with particular emphasis on expanding contacts in England. The new head of scouting would be employed to broaden the recruitment network and ensure the best talent was lured to Tynecastle.

Although Murray has helped identify promising youth talent in the form of Dumitru Copil, Branimir Kostadinov, Matej Rapnik and Ryan McGowan, he believes the senior scouting system is in dire need of attention. "We already have some good scouts in place but we want to enhance the whole system. The aim is to bring the best players to Hearts, both from England and abroad," said Stephen Frail, the club's interim manager. "We already have scouts in Edinburgh and throughout Scotland but we're looking beyond that.

"There are certain areas of Europe we are targeting as well as down south. John knows which areas the club needs to improve as he gets regular reports from the scouts we have.

"We already have a good youth policy which has produced several first-team players over the years. We want to build on that and widen our horizons."

Romanov is currently seeking to reduce Hearts' ?12.49million wage bill, therefore any new players can expect a lower basic wage than previous signings which would be augmented by performance-related bonuses.

Club officials were today awaiting the outcome of the SFA's general purposes committee meeting at Hampden Park, at which the comments of Tynecastle chairman Roman Romanov were to be discussed.

Hearts will be asked to explain Romanov Jnr's comments and could incur a fine after he claimed the SPL is "fixed" in favour of the Old Firm and that matches are "screwed" by referees.

"We are aware there's a regular meeting today at the SFA and we will await its outcome," said Campbell Ogilvie, Hearts' managing director.

Hearts also confirmed that they will intervene to avert another SFA investigationinto the Andy Webster transfer saga.

They have pledged to compensate Arbroath with ?26,250 for the defender, who was ordered to pay ?150,000 by the Court of Arbitration for Sport for opting out of his Hearts contract to join Wigan in 2006. Wigan only paid the amount on Webster's behalf earlier this month and Arbroath are due 17.5 per cent because of a sell-on clause inserted when the player moved to Tynecastle in 2001.

Arbroath claim to have received no correspondence from Hearts but club officials are promising the matter will be dealt with.

Meanwhile, Audrius Ksanavicius will miss Saturday's match with Inverness due to chicken pox. Christian Nade should be fit despite a cheekbone injury sustained against St Mirren.

• BRUNO AGUIAR returned from a year-long injury absence yesterday as Hearts reserves lost 3-1 to Dundee United. Sean Mackle scored the consolation goal.

Oops just saw the other post.

My mistake.

Having just read the article. I'm looking forward to the argument next year, when people state it is better for Hearts to loose and make the bottom 6. As it makes financial sense as we would not have to pay performance related bonuses!

Ahhh well if we are pish next year then we won't lose as much money.;)

Well hopefully this is one of many things that is getting fixed and that we will be doing properly next year and for years to come.

portobellojambo1

I wouldn't count on this coming to fruition. If you read the article this idea has still to be presented to Romanov, not sure how he will react to actual scouts bringing players to the club, rather than he and the Director of The New Stand, whose combined knowledge of football is floating between -100 and -50, but something tells me it may not go smoothly.

So no scouting system, sorry I've orgotten just how are we better off with Vlad at the helm, I just can't remember one reason at all, plenty of reasons I wish he'd never darkened our door though

A proposal which makes it sounds as if we are going to be getting better players

At season ticket time

Whatever next - a promise that we will get a manager with British experience who has full control of the team?

All the money we've spent on wages for players who have not been properly scouted

And yet we have the "loony toon" gang on here who continue to defend this nutjob

Clerry Jambo

When does this Circus that is in town finally end - I am coming to the end of my tether with these jokers!!:evilno:

sandyseymour

Experienced, qualified Hearts scouts regularly attend my u9 seven a side matches!!!!

Serious question.

Has the club ever had an 'official' scouting system.

I would suspect not and therefore this is a positive piece of news that the usual doom and gloom merchants choose to see the negative side of.

Do the likes of Hibs, Abderdeen, DUndee Utd etc.... have a network of scouts in England/Europe?

I suspect not but it's a geniune question as I honestly don't know.

Buffalo Bill

This is where we missed a trick with the likes of Sir Bobby Robson.

What Vlad needs is a football man who can oversee a scouting network, reporting in to him and recommending the best talent we can buy.

That way, it keeps everyone happy. The first team coach gets to pick the team and has first refusal, and Vlad's ego doesn't get too badly bruised if things go . . . . . . right!

Buffalo Bill

Do the likes of Hibs, Abderdeen, DUndee Utd etc.... have a network of scouts in England/Europe?

Fair question

I expect the manager and his assistant are at least integral to the recruitment of players though

I dont expect some random board member / stadium co-ordinator with a law degree is heavily involved

the most worrying thing for me is that there doesnt appear to be any attempts at the moment.

Our club needs an overhaul NOW

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm not surprised we need an overhaul. John Findlay offered his services as a scout. Think I'd rather have Pedro! ;)

Unless scouting has changed radically in the last 15 years I think they will.

This might be one scout working on behalf of a range of clubs with in a certain geographical area etc....

Only know this becuase my grandad worked for Dundee Utd, Hearts, Milwall and Dundee.

Didn't our glorious leader show us dossier after dossier about every player in the universe the on tv once (just before going in the huff when the serious questioning started)?

With info like that at his fingertips, why should we even need a scouting system.....

Thunderstruck

The first line reads "PROPOSALS aimed at revolutionising Hearts' scouting network in Britain and across Europe are awaiting ratification from majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov, the Evening News can reveal."

How can you revolutionise something that some on here would have us believe doesn't exist. "Create", "invent", "implement" might suggest the complete lack of a scouting system but "revolutionise" does not.

Some of the reaction in posts above is symptomatic of the ability of the doom and gloom brigade to read negativity or portents of disaster in every article in the media or in every statement by the club.

Some of the more rational posters point out the existence of a "traditional" scouting system at Tynecastle but they won't allow that to get in the way of another drip session.

Unless scouting has changed radically in the last 15 years I think they will.

This might be one scout working on behalf of a range of clubs with in a certain geographical area etc....

Only know this becuase my grandad worked for Dundee Utd, Hearts, Milwall and Dundee.

A lot of the Hibs players that came through seem to be local lads.

Mind you Hearts have had Gordon, Berra, Driver, Wallace, Elliot - ahem.

The first line reads "PROPOSALS aimed at revolutionising Hearts' scouting network in Britain and across Europe are awaiting ratification from majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov, the Evening News can reveal."

How can you revolutionise something that some on here would have us believe doesn't exist. "Create", "invent", "implement" might suggest the complete lack of a scouting system but "revolutionise" does not.

Its from the same school of language that promised

"we would play a brand of football the SPL has never seen..." Vladimir Romanov circa August 2006

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Phew, I'm glad we're talking about sorting this before something daft happened:

The strangest thing we?ve heard about the Hearts interest in all things Red is their attempt to sign a player from Liverpool that left some time ago. According to The Liverpool Way website, Hearts asked Liverpool about the availability of a midfielder, Carl Clampitt. Clampitt left Liverpool three years ago after realising Liverpool wouldn?t offer him a professional deal. Preston came in for the player but in the end a knee injury saw them release him at the end of his contract. The most recent team he played for was Cammel Lairds, currently in North West Counties Division One.

The sudden interest came as a huge shock to the player, and he got as far agreeing personal terms and going through a medical. It was the fact he failed the medical that saw the deal fall through, which was obviously a massive blow to the player.

Hearts fans will be concerned that their club are making efforts to sign Liverpool players that left so long ago though ? it suggests their scouting reports are about three years out of date.

http://www.anfieldroad.com/news/archive/200601071729/hearts-set-on-raiding-reds-reserves.html/

If this was any other club in the whole of Scotland we would be creaming ourselves with laughter at how utterly stupid the whole thing is.

jamboinglasgow

think if implemented (and I cant see why Vlad would not want something that should mean we wont buy more duds) this is good news for Hearts. I do think we have poor knowledge outside of Scotland and having networks in 10 countries can only benefit finding players.

Hopefully it benefits the finding of youngsters but also it hopefully demonstrates the coming of a massive shake up in hearts.

Thunderstruck
Its from the same school of language that promised

"we would play a brand of football the SPL has never seen..." Vladimir Romanov circa August 2006

You can't say he was wrong on this year's evidence. He didn't say it would be GOOD football.

And yet we have the "loony toon" gang on here who continue to defend this nutjob

I'm convinced that a few of the loony toon gang are posting from EH11 2NL ;)

Agreed. It's laughable. World wide scouting network. Alex and Pedro

dumb-dumber.jpg

There is something pleasing about the Proclaimers making that list.:)

Discounting Burley's backroom team...............have Hearts ever done anything in what we would regard as a 'professional' manner

Jeeso I recall some documentary where someone guffawed that someone actually had the clubs ultrasound injury treatment equipment at home .............where he was using it on his greyhound :confused:

tolcross lad
Experienced, qualified Hearts scouts regularly attend my u9 seven a side matches!!!!

People believe what they want to.They also attend regularly at 11 a side u13 level.Last week one was at Leith Athletic v Musselburgh Windsor.Leith are currently by far the best side at that level.My info is that 2 of their best prospects are going to Hearts Initiative next season.Hearts have been taking players from all over the Central Belt.I am told that Pedro is fed up with his Sunday trips to Bellshill.

If this was any other club in the whole of Scotland we would be creaming ourselves with laughter at how utterly stupid the whole thing is.

Mate every second thread on here is ridiculous and hopefully, once Romanov has fecked off, we will all look back UNITED as one family again and pesh ourselves

Seriously, we have debated and fallen out about such things as the merits of whether or not a manager should have full control, the difference between "influence" and "interference" and what percentages should be acceptable, who we are passing on the road to hell, the "damage" done to the club by the Riccarton 3, what precisely Rodney meant by his cure and diagnosis rhetoric, that Elvis was a Judas and engineered a move to Celtic, justification of the sacking of Burley (he was tapping players up and was peshed all the time), the merits of a committee of men picking a team, and rotating it, and playing journeymen Lithuanians ahead of promising youth players...

...sorry, cramp....

...never mind having to put up with our acting Chairmen rip the pesh out of shareholders at an AGM, our "owner" claiming we would win the SPL in 3 years, be champions of europe within 5, never being beaten 5-0 by anyone, comparing Zaliukus to Zidanne, the fact our stadium development man is also our chief scout....

Oh, how we'll laugh one day...

tolcross lad
Mate every second thread on here is ridiculous and hopefully, once Romanov has fecked off, we will all look back UNITED as one family again and pesh ourselves

Seriously, we have debated and fallen out about such things as the merits of whether or not a manager should have full control, the difference between "influence" and "interference" and what percentages should be acceptable, who we are passing on the road to hell, the "damage" done to the club by the Riccarton 3, what precisely Rodney meant by his cure and diagnosis rhetoric, that Elvis was a Judas and engineered a move to Celtic, justification of the sacking of Burley (he was tapping players up and was peshed all the time), the merits of a committee of men picking a team, and rotating it, and playing journeymen Lithuanians ahead of promising youth players...

...sorry, cramp....

...never mind having to put up with our acting Chairmen rip the pesh out of shareholders at an AGM, our "owner" claiming we would win the SPL in 3 years, be champions of europe within 5, never being beaten 5-0 by anyone, comparing Zaliukus to Zidanne, the fact our stadium development man is also our chief scout....

Oh, how we'll laugh one day...

This thread is about the Hearts scouting system and the inference of some is that Hearts do not have a system.One or two of us through direct experience are saying that Hearts Scouts are very much around the juvenile leagues.

The issue should really be about the scouting system outwith Scotland.I doubt very much that any other Club in Scotland has a "system".They rely on sympathisers,contacts and agents.

Archived