Midfielders

Jambo83

We have a ridiculous amount of midfielders in our squad, whether they are holding players, playmakers, wingers etc. Who do you think will still be here by the time next season kicks off:

Laryea Kingston

Ruben Palazuelos

Bruno Aguiar

Eggert Jonsson

Michael Stewart

Fernando Screpis

Neil McCann

Andrew Driver

Saulius Mikolunias

Devidas Cesnauskis

Kestutis Ivaskevicus

Mirsad Beslija

Audrius Ksanivicius

I would like to see us with:

Kingston

Bruno

Jonsson

Palazuelos

Driver

Miko

Beslija

Screpis

That would leave McCann, Stewart, Ces, Ivas, Audrey all looking for new clubs. Do you think Vlad would let a further 3 Lithuanians go? Or will it be others, big earners like Beslija & Kingston that are sold to reduce the wage bill?

Mate - we are in the "midfield" phase of our transitional period. A 5 year stroll through mediocrity until everything is sorted, we have fully cost cut and are winning the league with 20 year olds.

We started with "swamp" phase - a mix of 11 mediocre players in various positions bought in one quick fire shopping spree

We then had the "right back" phase where we had 5 mediocre right backs all vying to be least mediocre first choice

We then had the "striker" phase where we had 8 mediocre strikers all vying to be least mediocre first choices (until this season) where we had them vying to be least mediocre first choice

At roughly the same time as the "striker" phase we had the "winger" phase where we had around 6 mediocre wingers at the club (not wide midfielders I hasten to add but proper mediocre wingers). Now I am not sure how many places these wingers were vying to be least mediocre in. Always at least 2, sometimes 3 but this season at Parkhead 5 wingers played some part in that game - which we lost 5-0 I hasten to add. That day they all vyed to be most pesh winger

So its only fair that the midfielders get their turn now

We flirted with a left back phase so that may or may not have passed

We've still to have our "centre back" phase which is quite worrying really...

Your being very kind using the term mediocre. I think the term sh*t is more apt, with one or two exceptions.

Ha ha

I'm trying to allay any suggestion that I am a complete pessimist and always negative

It aint much fun though

I started a thread yesterday trying to find a positive solution to the manager moving on "dilemma" Team Romanov appear to have.

It died a death....

MackaysCentreSpot

Laryea Kingston - Keep

Ruben Palazuelos - Keep

Bruno Aguiar - Unsure, not sure he offers us anything different.

Eggert Jonsson - Keep

Michael Stewart - Get Rid

Fernando Screpis - Unsure, need to see him get a run of games.

Neil McCann - Get Rid

Andrew Driver - Keep

Saulius Mikolunias -Unsure, has bags of talent but needs to show it on a regular basis.

Devidas Cesnauskis - Unsure, same as Miko

Kestutis Ivaskevicus - Get Rid

Mirsad Beslija - Keep

Audrius Ksanivicius - Get Rid

Archived