100 x Milionaires UK Lottery

JT1959

I have been told The UK Lottery is changing it's format this week and shall be making 100 people millionaires instead of 1, 2, or whatever sharing the prize.

Does anyone know how this works?

Is it a straight lottery, buy a numbered ticket with one number on it i.e 12345678 and if that number is drawn then you win.

Can't see anyway they could guarantee 100 winners any other way.

its the euromillions on friday that is doing it. with this you pick 5 numbers and 2 star numbers which is the main draw and you also get a raffle ticket number. this is what they are drawing 100 of so people get ?1M prize

its the euromillions on friday that is doing it. with this you pick 5 numbers and 2 star numbers which is the main draw and you also get a raffle ticket number. this is what they are drawing 100 of so people get ?1M prize

Ah right, so it's 100 people......across europe, that changes the odds. I will keep my lucky pound for another day. :ninja:

Ah right, so it's 100 people......across europe, that changes the odds. I will keep my lucky pound for another day. :ninja:

i think the raffle thing is only for the uk and a euromillions ticket is ?2

The Changingman

Its only for UK players. And by the way its ?2.00 a ticket :unsure:

If you were really lucky you could win euromillions and the ?1m raffle

I won money from my 2 tickets last week.

They sent me an email inviting me to log onto their site for great news about my ticket. The anticipation....have I won a measly tenner? have I won upwards of ?50......have I won a large amount? My ?2.80 "win" was a bit of a comedown.

Dean Winchester

I won money from my 2 tickets last week.

They sent me an email inviting me to log onto their site for great news about my ticket. The anticipation....have I won a measly tenner? have I won upwards of ?50......have I won a large amount? My ?2.80 "win" was a bit of a comedown.

I fecking hate that. Nearly every 2nd week I build myself up for a fall :lol:

the minor prizes (and odds of winning them) in the euromillions are crap. even worse than the crap odds:profit ratio in the lotto. i don't play the lottery at all.

the 100 UK millionaires draw will see me having a one-off punt though. expecting to win baws.

I P Knightley

From what I gather, your ?2 tax gets you one go at the lottery (Jackpot ?100million) plus one raffle ticket (100 of which will win ?1million)

Super lucky, you'd win ?101 million.

I fecking hate that. Nearly every 2nd week I build myself up for a fall

Same here....:sad:

:sob:

winningways

Dont normally do euromillions but will buy a ticket this week. Fairly confident I'll win.

Aren't we all when we buy the ticket !

Aren't we all when we buy the ticket !

Should start an Internet campaign against buying a ticket. Convince everyone it's a con and they'd be better sticking there money on at the bookies.

Dean Winchester

Won't let me play, says "Draw games are unavailable.". <_<

If you where doing it online they tend to bring it down for a bit of maintenance in the middle of the night. I just ordered 3 just now so it's working again :thumbsup:

I remember getting 3 numbers and both lucky stars on the Euro Millions and nearly exploding with excitement. Shame I only won ?14. Gits.

Tonight will see me buy my first lottery ticket in over 10 years!

Used to play the same line every week up until I got 5 numbers in the main lottery, stopped playing after that as I would hate to change my numbers and there was no chance of getting those same 5 plus the 6th up again!

The Comedian

Used to play the same line every week up until I got 5 numbers in the main lottery, stopped playing after that as I would hate to change my numbers and there was no chance of getting those same 5 plus the 6th up again!

Being nosey but how much did you win?

Dean Winchester

Being nosey but how much did you win?

5 numbers probably got him about ?300 or something :lol:

jambogaz1968

The "good news about your ticket" emails are heartbreaking.

Numerous times i have checked my emails on monday morning and prayed that i had a BIG win! Cue the sheer disappointment when i've only won a tenner........ sit there contemplating suicide for a few minutes :unsure:

Dean Winchester

The "good news about your ticket" emails are heartbreaking.

Numerous times i have checked my emails on monday morning and prayed that i had a BIG win! Cue the sheer disappointment when i've only won a tenner........ sit there contemplating suicide for a few minutes :unsure:

?10 would be magnificent. The last 4 or 5 times for me haven't even amounted to ?10. :sob:

?10 would be magnificent. The last 4 or 5 times for me haven't even amounted to ?10. :sob:

ditto, last time I had anything decent was getting back from Portugal in May to find I'd won two tenners while I'd been away

lassie at work is buying 50 tickets :blink:

I've got some numbers I put on when there is a big jackpot on the Euromillions, may buy a couple more tonight if I'm in the shop before cut off plus the mrs is in a syndicate so here's hoping

Dean Winchester

:what:

Sorry I was looking at the wrong breakdown :lol: The one for the current one is about ?2 grand.

5 numbers probably got him about ?300 or something :lol:

ah you would be wrong, remember I said it was over 10 years ago when I won and the lottery was still quite popular so as it was a rollover week I won just shy of 1700 quid!

Worst thing was that I had the first 5 numbers drawn, couldn't breath waiting on the 6th number to come out, totally gutted it wasn't the number I wanted then almost instantly start praying for the bonus ball!

Dean Winchester

ah you would be wrong, remember I said it was over 10 years ago when I won and the lottery was still quite popular so as it was a rollover week I won just shy of 1700 quid!

Worst thing was that I had the first 5 numbers drawn, couldn't breath waiting on the 6th number to come out, totally gutted it wasn't the number I wanted then almost instantly start praying for the bonus ball!

Yeah I read the wrong prize breakdown. Must have been awful watching it :lol:

What was the jackpot and prize for 5 + bonus that week? :lol:

Yeah I read the wrong prize breakdown. Must have been awful watching it :lol:

What was the jackpot and prize for 5 + bonus that week? :lol:

Think it was 20 something million and 2-3 hundred grand! Was wierd being devastated at just winning 1700 quid!

Dean Winchester

Think it was 20 something million and 2-3 hundred grand! Was wierd being devastated at just winning 1700 quid!

I'm sure the words "1 ******* number" where uttered more than a few times :lol: That's just brutal.

Each draw is a closed, one-off event so the odds are exactly the same for you each time, irrespective of past success.

We got ?960 for 5 numbers on a lucky dip. As much as it's actually irrelevant mathematically, the sixth number that came out was 43 instead of 42 which we needed for the lot. :o

I'm sure the words "1 ******* number" where uttered more than a few times :lol: That's just brutal.

Yeah when you watch the lottery show you think the numbers come out reasonably quickly but when you are waiting on 1 fecking number it feels like they are taking hours!

That night I was watching but not really paying attention and it didn't click until the 5th number came up, cue utter panic for the next 30 seconds! I was so paniced I couldn't even shout my dad through from the kitchen so he could watch!

Random has no history.

As far as I'm aware there are 3 jackpot winners from my hometown. 2 had good wins (?8.6m and ?2m odds), another won something between ?80k-?120k (really can't remember). I think the latter won on a triple rollover week and there were around 100 jackpot winners :lol: You'd be gutted, despite having a good win.

As far as I'm aware there are 3 jackpot winners from my hometown. 2 had good wins (?8.6m and ?2m odds), another won something between ?80k-?120k (really can't remember). I think the latter won on a triple rollover week and there were around 100 jackpot winners :lol: You'd be gutted, despite having a good win.

Did something like that not happen in the very first draw? A massive build up of one or two hours, then the draw, and the jackpot winners ended up with a poxy amount, given the odds, or rather an even more poxy amount than normal.

winningways

Tickets bought , now just need to wait for the draw and then see when I can fit in picking up my cash.

:thumbsup:

Did something like that not happen in the very first draw? A massive build up of one or two hours, then the draw, and the jackpot winners ended up with a poxy amount, given the odds, or rather an even more poxy amount than normal.

I remember a few weeks after the lottery started... Or maybe a few months, a set of numbers came out which meant that there were something like 134 winners of the jackpot.

When people pick numbers on a slip they are not totally random. The numbers on this occasion were very evenly spread out over the 1-49 range and all numbers were in the middle two columns...

They explained that it would be very easy to pick these numbers at random if you were filling the form out in a hurry.

That's why I always go for lucky dip... Aside from the fact that by not having regular numbers you will never be disappointed if you forget to play... You are statistically less likely to have to share the jackpot (although your odds of picking the winning numbers remains the same).

If I remember correctly the first draw was shared between a few people, with them getting about ?800-900k then there was no winner so it went to a rollover. It took a few weeks for someone to actually become a millionnaire. I think it was an Asian guy who didn't want publicity.... and the red tops went mental trying to find out everything about him.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Bought a ticket on the way home from work. Not expecting to win anything but you've got to be in to win it :thumbsup:.

Bought a ticket on the way home from work. Not expecting to win anything but you've got to be in to win it :thumbsup:.

Did you?

Me neither. :(

I did!!!!!!! :D

?2.80.

:sob:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Did you?

Me neither. :(

Nope.

No numbers in the draw and my raffle number wasn't drawn. :lol:

Nope.

No numbers in the draw and my raffle number wasn't drawn. :lol:

I actually won ?2.80, only just found out. Minus the ?2 ticket that's ?0.80.

:yas:

i bought 10 lines. two tickets with 5 lines on each.

just checked the results. first ticket of five lines basically total baws. just checked the other ticket and just about lowped oot ma skin...

i'm looking at the ticket and all i can see is every number of seven number drawn out. the first line has 3+1 and the line under it has the other 2+1. first emotion is one of :yas: until i check the breakdown and discover that i don't even make my stake money back. second emotion is one of :vrface: as i realise i would have got almost four grand if it had even been 4+2. then i looked at 5+1...

:muggy::cornette:

SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!

I actually won ?2.80, only just found out. Minus the ?2 ticket that's ?0.80.

:yas:

Same here!

:profit:

Archived