What age should you get a gf?

duckandcover

Jaap's Sigh

It's hardly board clogging if it's managed 2 pages since last night. Others are interested enough to add to it so it's not as if it's taking up board space unnecessarily.

If anyone's clogging anything, it's you with your irrelevant posts clogging this thread.

If no-one likes the thread they won't post on it and it will slip past page one in a few hours.

rossthejambo

My problem is that I don't believe half the pish he comes out with. He had a thread that turned classic and has been trying to redo it ever since. It's tedious, board-clogging shite.

:lol:

Board-clogging shite eh? I'm glad to see you deal in irony. Very valuable commodity these days.

BoJack Horseman

I took a few girls out before I was eighteen, but did not have an actual girlfriend. I then spent basically my eighteenth and nineteenth years in a state of celibacy, and an extended affair with my hair covered right palm. On returning to Edinburgh for a month on leave I was able to release a few tensions but no girl friend. In London still aged nineteen I met my first true love still have the tattoo to prove it. My commitment was for life, hers was for about a week and a half. Once bitten twice shy. Out of the army back to Edinburgh, after a while got a new girlfriend, went well for a while but again these tensions built up and I explained a man has needs, she said so do I and before I satisfy them I need an engagement ring and ultimately a wedding. My tensions disappeared at that along with the physical sign of my desire.

I made myself available to be used by females in their wilful ways, satisfied their physical needs and then lived with the expected further rejection after I had been used. I met my wife when I was 23, it worked out not too bad. She has had her way with me, realises I am an easy slut, but still respects me. I vote for 23 as the best time to get a girlfriend.

Does anyone else imagine Bob as...

clinteastwood.jpg

I've got a mate who is 24 and has never really been in a relationship with a bird. Bit weird like :unsure:

He fires into some stunners as well, just never seems to take it to the next step.

What's weird about that?

My opinion has changed slightly since breaking up with the ex. I was convinced you had to get a bird and start a family well early in life. I think opinions change depending on the age of your parents. If you've got young parents you think that's normal and vice versa.

The rate we're going and with the gradual increase in life expectancy, I'd encourage most guys to spend their 20s living their life. If someone comes along in that time then great, but don't actively look for it. Enjoy being young, it only happens once. When you hit 30 get yourself a wee early 20s bird and knock her up. job done.

Gregory House M.D.

:lol:

Board-clogging shite eh? I'm glad to see you deal in irony. Very valuable commodity these days.

I'm glad you do as well considering you've followed my every post on this forum and repliedbto about 80% of them. :rofl:

rossthejambo

I'm glad you do as well considering you've followed my every post on this forum and repliedbto about 80% of them. :rofl:

I can't help it if 80% of your posts are shite, Bunter :smuggy:

I've got a mate who is 24 and has never really been in a relationship with a bird. Bit weird like :unsure:

He fires into some stunners as well, just never seems to take it to the next step.

How's it weird?? Nothing wrong with sowing ur oats for afew years before u decide to stick with one!

The only my advice I have is never have a bird when ur at Uni. Those 3/4 years are for enjoying ur life before real life begins!

Creepy Lurker

The rate we're going and with the gradual increase in life expectancy, I'd encourage most guys to spend their 20s living their life. If someone comes along in that time then great, but don't actively look for it. Enjoy being young, it only happens once. When you hit 30 get yourself a wee early 20s bird and knock her up. job done.

Are you not about 23 yourself?

duckandcover

My problem is that I don't believe half the pish he comes out with. He had a thread that turned classic and has been trying to redo it ever since. Its tedious, board-clogging shite.

Honestly mate, I have far better things to do with my time than trying to ''redo'' an unintentionally funny thread on a football forum. I just look for a general consensus on certain situations.

BoJack Horseman

Are you not about 23 yourself?

I'm exactly 23. That post is just my long term plan and I encourage others to follow suit.

I'm exactly 23. That post is just my long term plan and I encourage others to follow suit.

You realise that when you reach 30 most girls in their early 20s will irritate the hell out of you? You will also struggle to have things in common with girls in that age group

You realise that when you reach 30 most girls in their early 20s will irritate the hell out of you? You will also struggle to have things in common with girls in that age group

This. Good on the eye, but by and large irritating as hell.

And if he tries anything on with them then the chances are they will see him as nothing more than a creep.

Bindy Badgy

What's wrong with taking a bit of charlie?

The fact that the cocaine trade causes unimaginable misery and destruction in South America?

Chris Benoit

The fact that the cocaine trade causes unimaginable misery and destruction in South America?

Nah that's not it

:lol: Cause him not having a line or two is gonna stop all that!

BoJack Horseman

I was being facetious. Stand by the waiting til late 20s/early 30s before actively looking to settle down though.

southside1874

Aww it's a bit of a long story mate but it basically constitues me being easily lead by my mates and being caught with a powder in my pocket. She has a young daughter so can't blame her for telling me to bolt.

How do you get caught with something in your pocket?? Next she'll be going through your phone :unsure:

Setle down when you are older and had a bit fun. You can't beat experience :thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

There is no right answer to this question but I will say there's no point buying a cow if you just want a pint of milk.

You shouldn't bother with a relationship unless it's with the right person, nothing wrong with some casual shenanigans in between. I had a five year relationship in my late teens/early twenties that didn't work out and have spent most of my mid-twenties enjoying the single life. I wasn't against settling down, I just wasn't prepared to do it with someone I wasn't that into - I had two FWB situations that ran simultaneously for over a year. I liked both of them enough to keep seeing them but not enough to want to do it exclusively and the same applied for them. I may just have met the right one now at the ripe old age of 27 but it's only a month in so time will tell.

Stay single like me and shag any old slag. Much more fun and much less stressful and I am in my thirties.

Northernsoulboy01

Stay single like me and shag any old slag. Much more fun and much less stressful and I am in my thirties.

Amen to that brother.

When your mates start having 'couples nights' is the time to get a serious burd.

Also when ye canny be arsed going out to shighty clubs listening to baws music sipping over-priced drinks - that's the time to get a serious burd.

I would say mid to late twenties

If your mates can't come out for a bevvy because they are part of a couple then find new mates!

As for the second part, isn't it easier and cheaper to find somewhere else to drink rather than settling down?

i have been with my girlfriend since we left school at 16,we are 21 this year and we couldnt be happier. We are due to get married next September.

i have been with my girlfriend since we left school at 16,we are 21 this year and we couldnt be happier. We are due to get married next September.

How many different vaginas have you seen?

Think about this for a minute.

Ray Winstone

How many different vaginas have you seen?

Think about this for a minute.

Does this include his own?

:look:

Nae luck.

Divorced and missing your 20s by the time you're 30. I hope for your sake I'm wrong but the odds aren't on your side. You change absolutely loads from late teens to mid twenties. I cannot comprehend how anyone can settle down that early.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You'll be divorced by 24. At 21 you probably don't even know who you are or want you want yet bro.

Chris Benoit

Does this include his own?

:look:

:rofl:

Good luck to the guy but at 21/22 I was barely human let alone husband material.

BoJack Horseman

All of this (pretend I quoted every post before mine like I intended). Why anyone would want to marry so young I'll never know. It's just a legality, what's the bloody hurry? If you're sure you'll be together forever then why not just wait a few more years to tie the knot?

All of this (pretend I quoted every post before mine like I intended). Why anyone would want to marry so young I'll never know. It's just a legality, what's the bloody hurry? If you're sure you'll be together forever then why not just wait a few more years to tie the knot?

This!

I met a girl just after I turned 20, she was 21, we had won the cup that year and I reckon I was drunk on delirium. We got on well and had bought a flat and moved in together within about 9 months.

We got engaged a year later and then got married a good 6 & a half years since we met.

Sold the flat & moved to a house a couple of years after being married, she fell pregnant a few months after we moved in, not planned, but hey ho, it was all good.

Daughter born the following summer, 2 years later, big argument and fall out led to a split and now separated and have been for 18 months to 2 years.

Now living the single life in my early 30's, although I do have responsibilities, ie: my daughter, my house etc, but enjoying life as a single man again.

My advice to the OP, don't go wishing your life away and imagining that every girl you meet, could be the one, it doesn't work like that and my advice is to just go with the flow.

I had nigh on 12 years or being in a relationship and while I wouldn't swap the things that went well during it, my daughter etc, there is lots I would change in an instant and one of them is settling down in my early 20's.

I have attended lots of weddings this year, 2 of which involved friends of mine of the same age and i have another 2 to go in September & November, but they all took their time in settling down and finding a partner and everyone of them did the right thing IMHO. Infact not one of them are still with the partner they came to my wedding with 7 years ago.

Don't dive in, you are young and have bags of time to settle down, just enjoy being young with no ties or baggage. You have a long life ahead so don't waste it doing something or someone who you are not happy with.

Here endeth the sermon.

duckandcover

This!

I met a girl just after I turned 20, she was 21, we had won the cup that year and I reckon I was drunk on delirium. We got on well and had bought a flat and moved in together within about 9 months.

We got engaged a year later and then got married a good 6 & a half years since we met.

Sold the flat & moved to a house a couple of years after being married, she fell pregnant a few months after we moved in, not planned, but hey ho, it was all good.

Daughter born the following summer, 2 years later, big argument and fall out led to a split and now separated and have been for 18 months to 2 years.

Now living the single life in my early 30's, although I do have responsibilities, ie: my daughter, my house etc, but enjoying life as a single man again.

My advice to the OP, don't go wishing your life away and imagining that every girl you meet, could be the one, it doesn't work like that and my advice is to just go with the flow.

I had nigh on 12 years or being in a relationship and while I wouldn't swap the things that went well during it, my daughter etc, there is lots I would change in an instant and one of them is settling down in my early 20's.

I have attended lots of weddings this year, 2 of which involved friends of mine of the same age and i have another 2 to go in September & November, but they all took their time in settling down and finding a partner and everyone of them did the right thing IMHO. Infact not one of them are still with the partner they came to my wedding with 7 years ago.

Don't dive in, you are young and have bags of time to settle down, just enjoy being young with no ties or baggage. You have a long life ahead so don't waste it doing something or someone who you are not happy with.

Here endeth the sermon.

Brilliant reply, cheers mate. Rotherham here we come!

Brilliant reply, cheers mate. Rotherham here we come!

My mate got together with his girlfriend when he was 17 and she was 15. Proper childhood sweethearts. They went out for over ten years (in the meantime buying a home together) and then eventually got engaged. Went to their wedding a year or so back, and within months it turned out she'd been drawing the curtains for her boss for several months! Waste of cash spent on their wedding! <_<

You'll be divorced by 24. At 21 you probably don't even know who you are or want you want yet bro.

Been with my wife since 16 and I'm now 25. Already got 1 kid and another due next week. No need to put a downer on the guy, it may well be that he found the person he wants to share his life with early.

Been with my wife since I was 17 and she was 16. I'm about to turn 30 next month and I can honestly say that I couldn't be happier. :)

:sob:

BoJack Horseman

Been with my wife since 16 and I'm now 25. Already got 1 kid and another due next week. No need to put a downer on the guy, it may well be that he found the person he wants to share his life with early.

Been with my wife since I was 17 and she was 16. I'm about to turn 30 next month and I can honestly say that I couldn't be happier. :)

:sob:

Why did you decide that you had to get married? What was so important that you couldn't wait a few more years? Such a waste of the best years of your life, years that you'll never get back (until your inevitable divorce of course).

Things are different in the 21st century, attitudes have changed and some people haven't got the memo. I was with a bird from 19 - 21. She wanted to get married and have kids. I was still at uni ffs. Told her I wasn't up for that, so she went and found someone who was. Their relationship started with cheating on me, he proposed 3 months after later, they got married in January this year. Absolute NAP they won't make it to 30.

Why did you decide that you had to get married? What was so important that you couldn't wait a few more years? Such a waste of the best years of your life, years that you'll never get back (until your inevitable divorce of course).

Things are different in the 21st century, attitudes have changed and some people haven't got the memo. I was with a bird from 19 - 21. She wanted to get married and have kids. I was still at uni ffs. Told her I wasn't up for that, so she went and found someone who was. Their relationship started with cheating on me, he proposed 3 months after later, they got married in January this year. Absolute NAP they won't make it to 30.

So basically you're bitter because your ex cheated on you?

Also I wanted to get married to show my wife how much I loved and respected her after she had our child. We might not make it to our deathbeds bit plenty people did when it was the norm to get married at 20-25. In addition to this, my children will be put of the house when I hit 45ish which will coincide with me being able to use my larger than now salary on myself and my wife. So I'm not really bothered about missing out on some meaningless one night stands.

BoJack Horseman

So basically you're bitter because your ex cheated on you?

Also I wanted to get married to show my wife how much I loved and respected her after she had our child. We might not make it to our deathbeds bit plenty people did when it was the norm to get married at 20-25. In addition to this, my children will be put of the house when I hit 45ish which will coincide with me being able to use my larger than now salary on myself and my wife. So I'm not really bothered about missing out on some meaningless one night stands.

I was expecting that. Obviously some bitterness is had when something like that happens, but that's not the reason for my belief. I had that opinion before the cheating.

So you knocked her up and had to get married? Fair enough.

Pete Seeger

That's a shitemare. I was pretty much solid in relationships from my teens to the age of 25 and I've enjoyed the last 2 years of being single so much that I plan on keeping it going for another couple of years yet. Life is far to short to waste it compromising with a bursd. Be selfish, it's the way forward.

Although we've been together for 13 years, we only got married 3 years ago, so it wasn't a decision I took without serious consideration. We don't have any children yet, but we will get on it in a few years no doubt.

You can't help who you fall in love with, but I agree that it is unwise to settle down too soon.

Although Mrs O can be hard work at times, I wouldn't swap her for any other chicks out there. I wish she liked video games and football though.

BoJack Horseman

Although we've been together for 13 years, we only got married 3 years ago, so it wasn't a decision I took without serious consideration. We don't have any children yet, but we will get on it in a few years no doubt.

You can't help who you fall in love with, but I agree that it is unwise to settle down too soon.

Although Mrs O can be hard work at times, I wouldn't swap her for any other chicks out there. I wish she liked video games and football though.

Then I see nothing wrong with this.

I was expecting that. Obviously some bitterness is had when something like that happens, but that's not the reason for my belief. I had that opinion before the cheating.

So you knocked her up and had to get married? Fair enough.

Haha fair enough, had that one coming.

That's not how it happened, we were already discussing marriage when she fell pregnant (I was against it) however my respect levels for her went through the roof when our son was born. If you haven't been through this, you probably won't understand it tbh.

At the end of the day there's no right or wrong in this discussion, I'm happy with where my life is regardless of what I've "missed out on".

It's an odd thing love and marriage. After a couple of years with my ex I didn't think could ever have as strong feelings for anyone. We had some great times and managed to help each other through some really shit times. It made us stronger for a while and I didn't think that would ever break or be replaced. Oddly, I never once felt I wanted to marry her. After all the shit was gone we should've been in a position to move forward, we had no money worries, had a nice flat and were speaking of buying a nice house to grow into. Thing is we'd grown in different directions and whilst we wanted to move forward we didn't really want to do it with each other. 5 and a half years togehter and I would maybe say I regret 3 of them. I was 21 and she was 19 when we met. After we split I figured we were always destined to fail given how young we were when we met, we both had a lot of changing to do.

Fair play to anyone that gets married young, just be aware that you're both going to change lots and you need to work hard at trying to make sure you grow together. Kids might keep you together for a while, but make sure you've got something left to share with each other once they're gone.

BoJack Horseman

It's an odd thing love and marriage. After a couple of years with my ex I didn't think could ever have as strong feelings for anyone. We had some great times and managed to help each other through some really shit times. It made us stronger for a while and I didn't think that would ever break or be replaced. Oddly, I never once felt I wanted to marry her. After all the shit was gone we should've been in a position to move forward, we had no money worries, had a nice flat and were speaking of buying a nice house to grow into. Thing is we'd grown in different directions and whilst we wanted to move forward we didn't really want to do it with each other. 5 and a half years togehter and I would maybe say I regret 3 of them. I was 21 and she was 19 when we met. After we split I figured we were always destined to fail given how young we were when we met, we both had a lot of changing to do.

Fair play to anyone that gets married young, just be aware that you're both going to change lots and you need to work hard at trying to make sure you grow together. Kids might keep you together for a while, but make sure you've got something left to share with each other once they're gone.

Seems like quite a standard scenario except some couples instead of waiting jump in and get married earlier on. Fair play, it must take a lot of balls to do but the odds are heavily against you.

Seems like quite a standard scenario except some couples instead of waiting jump in and get married earlier on. Fair play, it must take a lot of balls to do but the odds are heavily against you.

I met my wife 6 months after I split with my ex and I told her I wasn't looking for a relationship :lol: I wasn't planning on giving up my new found freedom easily and I didn't.

I wouldn't fancy getting involved with someone who had a kid anyway. Sounds like a lucky escape.

I agree with this..

Archived