CURTAINS

jambolass1000

jambolass1000

Does anyone know where I can get 108" drop ready made curtains for a tenement flat. Everywhere only sells 90" drop max. With the amount of flats in Scotland you would think someone out there would see the need for supply.

blondejamtart

I have exactly the same problem, jambolass, as I live in a Victorian house with high ceilings. I usually have to resort to getting mine made to measure, as it is very very difficult to find 108" drop ready made curtains, especially if you're looking for a particular colour. I got my last ones at Jeffreys in Lothian Road, although I have seen some ready made ones in 108" drop at Dunelm Mill, who have a place out at Straiton Retail Park near Loanhead. Have you tried looking online?

jambolass1000
I have exactly the same problem, jambolass, as I live in a Victorian house with high ceilings. I usually have to resort to getting mine made to measure, as it is very very difficult to find 108" drop ready made curtains, especially if you're looking for a particular colour. I got my last ones at Jeffreys in Lothian Road, although I have seen some ready made ones in 108" drop at Dunelm Mill, who have a place out at Straiton Retail Park near Loanhead. Have you tried looking online?

Yes Jeffreys used to be the place to go but went up market for new modern apartments that have all been built. Was at Dunelm Mill today but they were few and far between and quite heavy. Just want a light cotton material. Had a look online but nothing taking my fancy as its limited.

jambos are go!

Personally I think Blinds are the best thing thats ever been invented. If it wasn't for Blinds it woud be curtains for everybody.

jambolass1000
Personally I think Blinds are the best thing thats ever been invented. If it wasn't for Blinds it woud be curtains for everybody.

I've got blinds as well but curtains finish the room of.

I 've got the same high ceilings.

Ikea's curtains are 300cm (118 inches) and you tape them yourself with the supplied adhesive webbing to the exact length you want. It works for me :)

btw guys, it's ok, just leave this one to the experts....... :whistling:

No need to get your panties in a twist.:eek:

Ikea's curtains are 300cm (118 inches) and you tape them yourself with the supplied adhesive webbing to the exact length you want. It works for me :)

Surely posts on curtain making must be against the rules....Mods??? :wacko:

Surely posts on curtain making must be against the rules....Mods??? :wacko:

as opposed to (ahem) curtains on post making.

Jeez that was poor.

You're quick on the "draw" Barby, i was also going to mention Ikea. That's where we, I say we but really the only co-operative input I had in the whole curtain gig was driving to Ikea and paying for them, got ours.:P

You're quick on the "draw" Barby, i was also going to mention Ikea. That's where we, I say we but really the only co-operative input I had in the whole curtain gig was driving to Ikea and paying for them, got ours.:P

Modern man, you are, Boris. Take note Mr McLaren :rolleyes:

Guest S.U.S.S.
That'll be a no then... :P

:)True, i know nothing about curtains or blinds. Well except how to work them. Learnt that last week:)

blondejamtart

Jeez, a thread on curtains is highbrow intellectual stuff compared to some of the things you lot post! :whistling:

And some of us were just trying to be helpful instead of making inane remarks.....:angel:

Jeez, a thread on curtains is highbrow intellectual stuff compared to some of the things you lot post! :whistling:

And some of us were just trying to be helpful instead of making inane remarks.....:angel:

Sorry. :embarassed::blink::unsure::oops::untitled:

but then what would the masses twitch?:rolleyes:

True. I think curtains may have to remain, just to keep the swinging population at a restrictable level amongst certain affluent areas in Edinburgh.

Suspect Device

ok guys, Mrs sd has her own curtain business.

made to measure, any size style etc.

pm me if you want details (ask for kickback discount ;))

advertisment over .

I just got some John Lewis made to measure for my unusual size, a bit overpriced, but nice, and prompy, no JKB discount there so I would send my business to Mrs SD!

????????????????? :confused:

curtains are for nancy boys(girls?) ;) Blinds are the way forward.

But tell me one thingt. How many cushions do you have on your sofa? any more than one for each seat is unacceptable.

blondejamtart

No, I meant, what's Popuri? I'm confused?

Oh, and I have two cushion on my three-seater sofa, if you must know.........

No, I meant, what's Popuri? I'm confused?

Oh, and I have two cushion on my three-seater sofa, if you must know.........

I spelt it how I would say it. I think the actual spelling is Pot Pourri.

007118.jpg

AKA smelly stuff.

two cushions on a three seater sofa is acceptable. I hate it when you go into a house obviously decorated by a woman and you can hardly find a spot on the sofa for the dozen or so cushions :mad:

blondejamtart

Ahh right - I know what you mean know. I wasn't trying to be funny or clever - I honestly didn't know what you meant!

Ahh right - I know what you mean know. I wasn't trying to be funny or clever - I honestly didn't know what you meant!

A few in the Terrace have an irrational dislike of Pot Pourri going by some of their posts. :whistling:

Say What Again
KB has hit a new low!;)

Agreed.

Mods, can we get a 'burdz' section for posts about 108" drop curtains, H&M sale etc?

;)

ok guys, Mrs sd has her own curtain business.

made to measure, any size style etc.

pm me if you want details (ask for kickback discount ;))

advertisment over .

Admit it, it's you that makes the curtains, that and drinking pear cider I'm starting to wonder about you. :confused:

Suspect Device
Admit it, it's you that makes the curtains, that and drinking pear cider I'm starting to wonder about you. :confused:

and im good at it ;)

like the sig btw :)

I P Knightley

I laughed.

I have no beef with curtains but it's very rare to get them as you like (ready made) without having to lick them into shape somehow.

I got the number from a card in the local newsagent of someone who made them up for me, chose the fabric, lining etc and ended up with exactly the curtains I wanted for the same price as the ones in John Lewis which would have needed modified and wouldn't have been the patterns/colours I like.

Archived