We are downsizing because of Rangers, apparently

hearts_crazy

hearts_crazy

Did anyone hear the tea time news on Real Radio? They said they had talked to John McGlynn and he had said that Celtic will be difficult to compete with because blah blah etc. They finished the article with 'Hearts, who have had to cut their wage bill due to Rangers being out of the SPL'

Really? Because of Rangers eh? Newsflash dickheads we started downsizing well before the Rangers debacle even started. Them being in Div 3 has absolutely **** all to do with us shedding a few players off our wage bill.

Fits the agenda mind you so why not tell a few lies to perpetuate the 'Scottish Football is doomed, let Rangers off everything' myth..

southside1874

Did anyone hear the tea time news on Real Radio? They said they had talked to John McGlynn and he had said that Celtic will be difficult to compete with because blah blah etc. They finished the article with 'Hearts, who have had to cut their wage bill due to Rangers being out of the SPL'

Really? Because of Rangers eh? Newsflash dickheads we started downsizing well before the Rangers debacle even started. Them being in Div 3 has absolutely **** all to do with us shedding a few players off our wage bill.

Fits the agenda mind you so why not tell a few lies to perpetuate the 'Scottish Football is doomed, let Rangers off everything' myth..

Does anyone know how to move this forward?

Francis Albert

We all know that everything bad that happens in Scottish football for the next 3 years (if not 10) will be because of the tragic loss/absence of Rangers/FCFKARs from the SPL.

GuitarJambo

take it you didnt watch ssn yesterday? said the same thing

NewYorkJambo

They are correct. Due to lost income our downsizing will be more severe.

But you should know this. Or were you just looking to have a moan?

hearts_crazy

I don't buy it, sorry.

The only players that have left the building since the Rangers vote have been Beattie, who was out of contract anyway and Suso who wanted to leave at the start of last season. All the others we knew were going ages before the full gravity of the Rangers situation was known, so to blame it all on Rangers is ludicrous IMHO. We were already downsizing, the Rangers thing is pure co-incidence.

NewYorkJambo

I don't buy it, sorry.

The only players that have left the building since the Rangers vote have been Beattie, who was out of contract anyway and Suso who wanted to leave at the start of last season. All the others we knew were going ages before the full gravity of the Rangers situation was known, so to blame it all on Rangers is ludicrous IMHO. We were already downsizing, the Rangers thing is pure co-incidence.

If you think our finances, and our downsizing, will not be impacted by a Rangers you are dillusional.

If you think our finances, and our downsizing, will not be impacted by a Rangers you are dillusional.

I think both statements could be correct. There was a plan for Hearts to 'downsize' at the start of the year before the Rangers administration. And I believe after Rangers move to division 3 there maybe further reduction.

Regardless I believe the story has been twisted.

It's important to remember Hearts have 'downsized' in order to keep club profitable. If we did not do this we could find ourselves in debt, forced in to administration, then liquidation. Seem we have an owner that has taken responsibility for the clubs long term future. whistling.gif

John McClure

Aye its defo worth greetin about, its defo worth a thread. Weejie radio station in weejie pandering shocker. Deary me! Please, find your baws and re-attach them! Get a grip! Who actually cares!!! We will deal with ourselves, let rangers deal with themselves!!

I am sick of posting this but right NOW is opportunity like I have never seen in 50 (!) years of supporting, watching, listening. We had the chance then to match the biggest (Rangers then), but Willie Wallace left at the crucial moment. Now another moment in time has arrived. This time it is about some kind of profound change and mindset. How many on the streets if we were to win the league? Why not? Celtic appear not able to beat their own meat evidently. I trust the powers that be perceive this grand opportunity and not least Vlad who impressed the hell out of me by his "critique" of the Rangers cheats and their ultimate demise. I can't go to the games because I am in Australia, I am buying ticket stubs back from a mate who will go to every game and therefore I am doing a tiny thing to support HMFC. Any other foreign living Hearts fans prepared to pledge this? First up it is arses on seats and as many as possible to make Vlad see HE now has opportunity and should not sell this great business potential. Rangers who??

Every team is downsizing!!!!

Except for the one that has caused this whole debacle!!!

Seems fair right enough.

Every team is downsizing!!!!

Except for the one that has caused this whole debacle!!!

Seems fair right enough.

Yes. Regardless of the reasons, it is the right thing to do.

A bit strong IMO unless you have a crystal ball.

While that's the way it might seem now, nobody knows how things will pan out - it may even turn out the opposite way. Bear in mind that some clubs would often lose 9/12 points to Rangers in a season, these same clubs could now be gaining 9/12 points off Dundee possibly leading to a more competitive league, at least for Euro places and cups.

Not that long ago the prophets of doom forecast that the minimum wage would lead to rip-roaring inflation. That did not happen.

To be fair to the OP I think he kind of has a point although it's a bit wider than just this one incident.

I've been getting increasingly peed off at the number of things which have happened in last few days and which are immediately attributed to Rangers not being in the SPL. As if they're all saying "well it's all your own fault, this would never have happened if you hadn't voted the way you all did. Woe betide you. You were warned". Whatever. Honestly.

Are we really going to have to listen to gers supporters and media insisting everything bad that happens is down to the absence of that pustulent boil of a club?

Are we really going to have to listen to gers supporters and media insisting everything bad that happens is down to the absence of that pustulent boil of a club?

No. There's this thing called "free will" that you can exercise.

It's quite my pal.

No. There's this thing called "free will" that you can exercise.

It's quite my pal.

You know perfectly well that I'm a slave to social media.

I might be deaf as a post but this stuff still cannot be avoided. sad.gif

tolcross lad

Hearts were downsizing before Rangers demise.They are having to downsize even more now.The club do not know if they will get ?800000 for Wallace.Nor do they know how much they will receive from Sky.They dont know whether Gate money will go up or down without Rangers.Probably down.With Vlad around we are probably in a better position than some clubs.The standard of football in our league is about to fall further and we all need to get used to it

colinmaroon

The OP is quite right to speak up about the continuing garbagr printed by a weegie meedjia hellbent on making sure they tell the "lie" that everybody's doomed because ZombieCo have received part of their comeuppence!

If the fans followed the smug, "We know it happens but we're above moaning about it" lobby, ZombieCo would be in the SPL!

If these journalistic neanderthals are going to keep on printing their guff, some of us are going to keep on moaning about it and, if enough make enough of a noise, who knows, we might even see another point of view getting published now and again.

Archived