Opinions?

bob

You can bet your bottom dollar, this thread will go down hill. As for the video I am not going to comment.

You can bet your bottom dollar, this thread will go down hill. As for the video I am not going to comment.

Fair enough.

Stuart Lyon

Never even bothered to watch the BNP tubes on Youtube. Just as bad as the other fundamentalists of all religions and extremist political groups.

A lot more professionally done than their previous efforts

I do get tired of their constant "we say what you think" mantra however. Clearly the vast majority of Brits aren't racist since they only ever get a miniscule scale of any vote.

Will have a look later if the threads still up.

Just watching the immigration despatches on ch4 first.

What's your opinion Bob?

My opinion is that not everyv BNP voter is a skinhead nazi. Yes we have our fair share of rather extreme chaps in the party. However i feel the number of votes for the British National Party will sky rocket in the next few years. By all means im not against anyone coming into our country who are willing to work and can speak the language. For example in my last job i worked beside two eastern europeans who worked their socks off - good on them. However when you get some people who come over, cant speak a word of English and expect to live off our benefit system i think its a joke and should be stamped out. Whats your opinion Alan?

Stuart Lyon

Bob what about the born here useless tossers who have been on benefits for years; are they OK?

Look back your family history and see if your forefathers didn't come here from abroad. I think you might be surprised!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
My opinion is that not everyv BNP voter is a skinhead nazi. Yes we have our fair share of rather extreme chaps in the party. However i feel the number of votes for the British National Party will sky rocket in the next few years. By all means im not against anyone coming into our country who are willing to work and can speak the language. For example in my last job i worked beside two eastern europeans who worked their socks off - good on them. However when you get some people who come over, cant speak a word of English and expect to live off our benefit system i think its a joke and should be stamped out. Whats your opinion Alan?

Fair enough.

I actually agree that the party will become a bit more popular in the next few years/decades.

People will become a lot more intolerant of folk if there are more frequent terrorist attacks which isn't that unlikely.

Going to play fives soon so will post my opinion later on!

Would you agree with the BNP's policy of offering "financial incentives" to British citizens of different racial origins to leave the country?

FWIW I certainly agree that our benefits system needs a complete and utter overhaul. A problem that is only going to be worsened if the proposed tax changes go through.

Would you agree with the BNP's policy of offering "financial incentives" to British citizens of different racial origins to leave the country?

FWIW I certainly agree that our benefits system needs a complete and utter overhaul. A problem that is only going to be worsened if the proposed tax changes go through.

May help them setup a business in their country of origin. Would you say thats a bad thing?

May help them setup a business in their country of origin. Would you say thats a bad thing?

Why would I want my government to pay tax payer's money to people in order for them to start businesses in another country?

What's a "Traditional Christian Identity"?

How dare they take the name of Jesus and associate with this filth.

Blasphemy at it's finest.

A lot more professionally done than their previous efforts

I do get tired of their constant "we say what you think" mantra however. Clearly the vast majority of Brits aren't racist since they only ever get a miniscule scale of any vote.

I think you'd be surprised.

Sheriff Fatman

My thoughts. Thery are entiled to make their party political statements, I am just as entiled to say thay they are a bunch of skinhead Nazis pretending to be something they are not, who don't have a clue about real English, Scottish and British history and who I would rather got thrown out of the country rather than the minorities they blame for their own sad little lives.

Bindy Badgy

As an Atheist I'm not sure how I fit into traditional Christian values?

Not that there's anything wrong with the overwhelming majority of Christians but some of their beliefs aren't for me.

As an Atheist I'm not sure how I fit into traditional Christian values?

Not that there's anything wrong with the overwhelming majority of Christians but some of their beliefs aren't for me.

Personally think the last thing we need is more religion in politics.

Boaby Ewing

They've got a lot slicker.

A sensible immigration policy?

Who couldn't get behind that :P

Tbh, I'm impressed they've managed to make some south London sink holes look as honky as Dumfries.

They've got a lot slicker.

A sensible immigration policy?

Who couldn't get behind that :P

Tbh, I'm impressed they've managed to make some south London sink holes look as honky as Dumfries.

i should really take offense to that, but surprisingly enough i don't.

I hate everything the BNP stands for - I do however agree they should be allowed to put accross their point of view.

I unsurprisingly, do not agree with their view on immigration. It is however a view that a number of people do have in the UK, and it may indeed grow in the years to come. I don't believe however the BNP vote will grow though, and the reason is due the stigma attatched to the party.

They are seen as a racist, radical, extremist party - a view which I believe to be correct. If they are serious about making any inroads into the corridors of power, they would have to completely revamp their image, name and almost everything associated with them.

I hope they don't realise this...

I agree.

You only have to go to football matches to here it.

Also I think more and more people are becoming racist and saying things that before they would have kept quiet.

And this is not just a white problem.

I hate everything the BNP stands for - I do however agree they should be allowed to put accross their point of view.

I unsurprisingly, do not agree with their view on immigration. It is however a view that a number of people do have in the UK, and it may indeed grow in the years to come. I don't believe however the BNP vote will grow though, and the reason is due the stigma attatched to the party.

They are seen as a racist, radical, extremist party - a view which I believe to be correct. If they are serious about making any inroads into the corridors of power, they would have to completely revamp their image, name and almost everything associated with them.

I hope they don't realise this

The above video suggests to me they already have.

I unsurprisingly' date=' do not agree with their view on immigration. It is however a view that a number of people do have in the UK, and it may indeed grow in the years to come. I don't believe however the BNP vote will grow though, and the reason is due the stigma attatched to the party.

[b']

I hope they don't realise this[/b]

The above video suggests to me they already have.

It's still not the most proffesional - I think a whole new party would need to be created to be honest, ditching the name. It would have to be seen as mainstream, non-radical.

Can not see that happening tbh.

It's still not the most proffesional - I think a whole new party would need to be created to be honest' date=' ditching the name. It would have to be seen as mainstream, non-radical.

Can not see that happening tbh.[/quote']

I would say that there is a place in society for a British Nationalist Party, just not the British National Party

Say What Again
Bob what about the born here useless tossers who have been on benefits for years; are they OK?

I was in the Western General last year. My sister and her friend had come in to visit me when the girl came round with the tea. The girl was most probably Chinese - definitely Asian.

After the girl had served the tea and moved off to the next ward, my sisters mate said to me "It's not right them :( coming over here and taking our jobs".

I nearly had a relapse! This from a 40 year old woman who has NEVER worked in her entire life. Not even a Saturday job when she was at school, yet this Chinese lass was 'taking oor jobs'.

:rubeyes::wacko:

I was in the Western General last year. My sister and her friend had come in to visit me when the girl came round with the tea. The girl was most probably Chinese - definitely Asian.

After the girl had served the tea and moved off to the next ward, my sisters mate said to me "It's not right them :( coming over here and taking our jobs".

I nearly had a relapse! This from a 40 year old woman who has NEVER worked in her entire life. Not even a Saturday job when she was at school, yet this Chinese lass was 'taking oor jobs'.

:rubeyes::wacko:

Di tik er jobbbs!*

*South Park reference

portobellojambo1
I do get tired of their constant "we say what you think" mantra however.

I think you could, quite easily, aim that comment at any political party djf, they all claim to be saying what the people think, but in virtually every case none of them really have a clue what the people think.

The BNP policy as I understand, is to offer grants only to those who genuinely wish to leave...therefore this is a poor policy, purely on financial grounds.

Most "immigrants" in Britain are economic migrants who WANT to leave at some time - we'd bankrupt the benefits system offereing financial assistance.

The BNP policy as I understand, is to offer grants only to those who genuinely wish to leave...therefore this is a poor policy, purely on financial grounds.

Most "immigrants" in Britain are economic migrants who WANT to leave at some time - we'd bankrupt the benefits system offereing financial assistance.

There was a programme on Channel 4 last year with Hardeep Sing Kohli - He met with the Convener of the BNP Youth Wing (who was a stereotypical ned btw). The guy started telling Hardeep about the policy, and Hardeep replied "I think that's great - I really want to go back to my home land. How much would I get to go back to Glasgow?". The look on the guys face was priceless.

There was a programme on Channel 4 last year with Hardeep Sing Kohli - He met with the Convener of the BNP Youth Wing (who was a stereotypical ned btw). The guy started telling Hardeep about the policy, and Hardeep replied "I think that's great - I really want to go back to my home land. How much would I get to go back to Glasgow?". The look on the guys face was priceless.

Hardeep Singh Kohli is a funny man:)

The Mighty Thor

Almost comical.

Watching Nick Griffith speak is a text book example of the mouth saying one thing and the eyes saying something else entirely.

He can hire all the PR companies and advisors he likes but he's ultimately no more than a narrow minded bigoted thug in a suit.

They must have raided the Jeremy Kyle audience for the folk in that video.

coppercrutch

We all know what the BNP stand for. But to be fair they have been saying a lot of things for years that the other parties were too scared too. The other parties are now all jumping on the 'less offensive' policies that the BNP have been harping on about for years.

As for their other policies well............

We all know what the BNP stand for. But to be fair they have been saying a lot of things for years that the other parties were too scared too. The other parties are now all jumping on the 'less offensive' policies that the BNP have been harping on about for years.

As for their other policies well............

What less offensive policies are they. Or are they mythical?

I like this one :- "remove unsightly overhead power lines from beauty spots and bury these underground." :)

I like this one :- "remove unsightly overhead power lines from beauty spots and bury these underground." :)

Can't argue with that, surely? Motherhood and apple pie, that is, bless 'em.

Will they make the trains run on time, too?

coppercrutch

The fact they have been saying for years that immigration has got out of control ?

Now every single other Political party is saying exactly the same thing.

Just because the BNP have mostly tasteless policies does not mean you should ignore the reasonable things they occasionally say.

To do that would be ignorant. IMO.

The fact they have been saying for years that immigration has got out of control ?

Now every single other Political party is saying exactly the same thing.

Just because the BNP have mostly tasteless policies does not mean you should ignore the reasonable things they occasionally say.

To do that would be ignorant. IMO.

Immigration has always been under control, once the Eastern Europeans joined the EU, they were entitled to come here. I dont see what is wrong with that.

Asylum seekers are not under control. Everybody agreed with that. The difference between the parties is what to do with them.

coppercrutch
Immigration has always been under control, once the Eastern Europeans joined the EU, they were entitled to come here. I dont see what is wrong with that.

Asylum seekers are not under control. Everybody agreed with that. The difference between the parties is what to do with them.

Aye sure. :confused:

Aye sure. :confused:

Are you saying the Eastern Europeans should not have been allowed into our country?

What other less offensive policies have they championed?

They're championing this one in London right now:-

"Bring hospital cleaning back in-house and make high cleanliness a top priority".

:thumb:

They're championing this one in London right now:-

"Bring hospital cleaning back in-house and make high cleanliness a top priority".

:thumb:

Thats the one for me. Vote BNP

What about fiscal policy though?

davemclaren
Thats the one for me. Vote BNP

What about fiscal policy though?

Send the Fiscals home, apparently. :confused:

Are you saying the Eastern Europeans should not have been allowed into our country?

I think we have to admit that there was a rush of migration after May 2004, as a lot of people from the new EU member states migrated to Britain and Ireland. But that of itself wasn't the problem.

The problem was that while Ireland and Britain treated these EU citizens in exactly the way they were entitled to be treated, other big EU countries didn't. They restricted numbers of migrants, thereby increasing the numbers opting to move to the UK and Ireland.

As things happened, this probably turned out to be a good thing. As things stood, unemployment in Britain and Ireland was close to being effectively nil. Without those migrants a lot of business opportunities would have been lost, probably resulting in an outward flow of capital to seek investment outlets overseas.

With Romania and Bulgaria joining the EU, Britain and Ireland have decided to limit migration from those countries. But this is wrong, and flies in the face of the free movement of capital, goods and labour that is supposed to underpin the EU. Instead of us restricting migration from these countries, the other "western" EU states should end their restrictions on the free movement of people from the 12 "new" EU countries. As a Romanian colleague of mine asked "why is it not OK for us to work in Ireland, but it is OK for the Irish to buy all our property?". It's a fair question.

Archived