Scottish Media - BBC Reporting Scotland....

coppercrutch

coppercrutch

OMG. :eek:

After a few interesting discussions today about bias towards the OF etc... I turn on Reporting Scotland.

Topic is Hamilton and their return to the top flight after 19 years. All fine and dandy. They were talking about their pitch getting re-laid and a small stand getting built to take it up to 6,000 capacity in order to apply for the SPL. All normal and fine. And then I hear it. I have to actually ask myself if I am imagining things. I am not. The presenter whilst kneeling down on the pitch looks up at the camera and says:

"So what can Rangers & Celtic expect when they come calling here next season"

I am shocked. I am truly shocked. I am actually flabbergasted by this.

So there may be arguments about the SFA, the refs etc... But let there be no argument against the following. The media is biased in Scotland towards the OF. Pure and simple. No ifs or buts. This even includes the BBC that WE pay for through the TV licence......

Disgusting. Truly truly disgusting.

After a few interesting discussions today about bias towards the OF etc... I turn on Reporting Scotland.

Topic is Hamilton and their return to the top flight after 19 years. All fine and dandy. They were talking about their pitch getting re-laid and a small stand getting built to take it up to 6,000 capacity in order to apply for the SPL. All normal and fine. And then I hear it. I have to actually ask myself if I am imagining things. I am not. The presenter whilst kneeling down on the pitch looks up at the camera and says:

So there may be arguments about the SFA, the refs etc... But let there be no argument against the following. The media is biased in Scotland towards the OF. Pure and simple. No ifs or buts. This even includes the BBC that WE pay for through the TV licence......

You are right to be shocked and flabbergasted. This has never happened before.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Annoying, yes. But disgusting?

This happens all the time. Every time a wee team makes it to the Premiership the news is going on and on about how they'll get to play Man Utd and Chelsea etc. It's the way of the world that big teams are mentioned more.

It annoys me too. I wish Vlad would put a team on the pitch to smash them both and their arrogant strolling of our league every year. That he doesn't annoys me much more than anything some smarmy ******* on Reporting Scotland says.

Gigolo-Aunt

Seen it as well.

"What can SPL teams expect when they come to etc"

Would have been pretty easy to say.

coppercrutch
Annoying, yes. But disgusting?

This happens all the time. Every time a wee team makes it to the Premiership the news is going on and on about how they'll get to play Man Utd and Chelsea etc. It's the way of the world that big teams are mentioned more.

It annoys me too. I wish Vlad would put a team on the pitch to smash them both and their arrogant strolling of our league every year. That he doesn't annoys me much more than anything some smarmy ******* on Reporting Scotland says.

But this totally ignores the fact that there are other teams in the SPL. I know the bigger teams are mentioned more but this was truly taking it to a new level. IMO.

Stuart Lyon

Ah a Bristol! Haven't have one for years. A big Newcastle Brown Ale with a Fowlers or McEwans wee heavy.

plastic_bas

I remember when Dunfermline got that stupid plastic pitch in and the games were still shown on the BBC. After a few teams had already played on it, Rangers had there first match on the surface live on the telly. I remember the commentator (can't think who it was) saying:

"The pitch has had a bit of criticism but this is its first real test."

I was raging. As if the only opinion that will matter is that of the old firm. Annoyingly it's probably true.

The Wicker Man

Maybe they should have turned the question on it's head - what will Hamilton get when Rangers and Celtic come here?

"The sash, The Fields Of Athenry, Bucky bottles .....etc"

Denny Crane

So when Falkirk reached the 1997 cup final and the BBC were asking them (assuming they'd win said trophy) what Barcelona could expect if they come to Brockville, should the fans of, let's say for sake of argument, Legia Warsaw be ranting and raving about some G14 conspiracy that the Beeb were involved in?

I think you're reading too much into this. Hamilton will be looking forward to the Old Firm games in particular. While playing us might be looked on in a good light, it those two they're interested in (no doubt assuming their visits will bring in their biggest gates of next season).

You are right to be shocked and flabbergasted. This has never happened before.

oh come on its been like that for years now

there are only two teams in scotland (weegie ****)

no one else matters:evilno:

coppercrutch
So when Falkirk reached the 1997 cup final and the BBC were asking them (assuming they'd win said trophy) what Barcelona could expect if they come to Brockville, should the fans of, let's say for sake of argument, Legia Warsaw be ranting and raving about some G14 conspiracy that the Beeb were involved in?

I think you're reading too much into this. Hamilton will be looking forward to the Old Firm games in particular. While playing us might be looked on in a good light, it those two they're interested in (no doubt assuming their visits will bring in their biggest gates of next season).

The reporter was not saying 'What will Hamilton think of this next season'.

He was saying 'What will Rangers and Celtic think of this next season' !!!

Totally different. His question was not based on Hamilton. It was based on the OF. That is what I find shocking. Your example above would be fair enough. But that was not how the story was set up.

Thunderstruck

Both BBC and SMG are now within a stone's throw of Scottish Football's "HQ".

Take a look at this map, BBC and SMG are now on vacant sites at top right and "HQ" is at bottom left.

oh come on its been like that for years now

there are only two teams in scotland (weegie ****)

no one else matters:evilno:

Are you serious?

Seymour M Hersh

Just back from a week in Gran Canaria. Only had BBC world to get news from and all they had from Saturday for SPL was the sellik result and the top two in the table. Every other league in Europe got the full results and league table.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Ah a Bristol! Haven't have one for years. A big Newcastle Brown Ale with a Fowlers or McEwans wee heavy.

When I was still in Edinburgh, a wee heavy in a pint of heavy or special was a Happy Day.

Haven't had a Happy Day for years - but then, I'm a married Jambo...

Archived