Clach v Hearts u20s

yvonnejambo

Footballfirst

If anyone about tomorrow 3pm in Inverness. Few of us meeting up :thumbsup:

http://www.clachnacu...ly-matches.html

I plan to be there. I expect that the side will be similar to those who played at Oban last week, with Holt, Walker, Smith Paterson and McHattie all with the 1st team at Dunfermline.

yvonnejambo

Fab :thumbsup: Im looking forward to it and the weather supposed to be good!

Remnants of Standards

I'll be there. Hopefully get everyone to meet up in phoenix afterwards yeh incase i can't find you guys in the heaving crowds??!

yvonnejambo

Hearts won 2-1 and some good potential from Tapping and Mackay :)

After The Watershed

Hearts won 2-1 and some good potential from Tapping and Mackay :)

I thought Tapping was nothing special. In fact poor. Better second half but didn't stand out.

Fraser Mearns was outstanding. Work rate was impressive with first class passing. Controlled the first half.

Agree with MacKay tho. Looked good at right back in the first half and an excellent prospect at centre back.

Also impressed with Sam Nicholson, Billy King and the no. 14.

I thought Tapping was nothing special. In fact poor. Better second half but didn't stand out.

Fraser Mearns was outstanding. Work rate was impressive with first class passing. Controlled the first half.

Agree with MacKay tho. Looked good at right back in the first half and an excellent prospect at centre back.

Mearns?! Is he a new signing?! Mullen, he is outstanding talent. I'm surprised Paterson has moved into first team picture ahead of him. Wonderful passing & work rate

Brad McKay is the CB, he is a real strong defender who grew tremendously last season. Has trained with 1st team alot, tho obviously a few options ahead of him. I'd expect him to excel at u20s

Nicholson is a real talent, Darren Murray told me he could be as good as any of the older lads

After The Watershed

Mearns?! Is he a new signing?! Mullen, he is outstanding talent. I'm surprised Paterson has moved into first team picture ahead of him. Wonderful passing & work rate

That's what it said his name was on the team sheet ;-)

I guess not everyone got one

Footballfirst

Just back. I thought the performance in the 1st half was pretty poor by their normal standards, but much improved in the 2nd.

The team had an unfamiliar look about it with three trialists (with an international flavour) in the squad. I this that may have unsettled them more than anything else.

The team line up was (4-3-3 / 4-5-1):

Hamilton

McKay Trialist(Argentinia) McGhee, Keegan

A King Mullen Tapping

Trialist(Bulgaria) B King, Nicholson

Subs: Miller, Oliver, Scott, Trailist (Georgia), Wyllie

Hearts were off the pace in the 1st half with some really loose passing from the trialists and the midfielders. The first touch of the strikers and their physical competitiveness also left a lot to be desired. That said neither side created any chances at all, far less shots on target. The Bulgarian went off injured to be replaced by Gary Oliver midway through the half.

The only incident of note in the half was a penalty to Clach in the 45th minute. First Jack Hamilton played a loose ball out to a Clach forward who made his way into the box and dived as Brad McKay jockeyed hism for position. The ref, who was five yards away rightly gave a goal kick. However, the Linesman who was 60 yards away on the other side of the pitch saw something that nobody else did, then called the ref over who then gave a penalty. The Clach player made an expert job of the penalty to put Clach 1-0.

The team obviously got the hair dryer treatment at half time. The Argentinian and Adam King were replaced by the Georgian and George Scott. The Georgian went to right back and Brad McKay moved to centre back. They came out with much more positive intent, moving the ball quicker, the work rate increased and they were much more aggressive in their challenges. The equalised after 62 minutes after a fine cross from Tapping on the right and he found Sam Nicholson coming in at the back post to bullet a header into the net from close range. Hearts continued to press and missed a couple of half chances as did Clach. Just when it looked like it would end in a draw, sub Callum Wyllie found himself in space on the left, in the 91st minute, and drilled a low shot across the keeper and just inside the far post for a winner that they just about deserved thanks to their 2nd half performance.

Best for Hearts were McKay, Mullen and my MOTM Jordan McGhee who, for a 15 year old looks every bit of an U20 prospect.

None of the trialists looked any better than the players we already have.

Just back. I thought the performance in the 1st half was pretty poor by their normal standards, but much improved in the 2nd.

The team had an unfamiliar look about it with three trialists (with an international flavour) in the squad. I this that may have unsettled them more than anything else.

The team line up was (4-3-3 / 4-5-1):

Hamilton

McKay Trialist(Argentinia) McGhee, Keegan

A King Mullen Tapping

Trialist(Bulgaria) B King, Nicholson

Subs: Miller, Oliver, Scott, Trailist (Georgia), Wyllie

Hearts were off the pace in the 1st half with some really loose passing from the trialists and the midfielders. The first touch of the strikers and their physical competitiveness also left a lot to be desired. That said neither side created any chances at all, far less shots on target. The Bulgarian went off injured to be replaced by Gary Oliver midway through the half.

The only incident of note in the half was a penalty to Clach in the 45th minute. First Jack Hamilton played a loose ball out to a Clach forward who made his way into the box and dived as Brad McKay jockeyed hism for position. The ref, who was five yards away rightly gave a goal kick. However, the Linesman who was 60 yards away on the other side of the pitch saw something that nobody else did, then called the ref over who then gave a penalty. The Clach player made an expert job of the penalty to put Clach 1-0.

The team obviously got the hair dryer treatment at half time. The Argentinian and Adam King were replaced by the Georgian and George Scott. The Georgian went to right back and Brad McKay moved to centre back. They came out with much more positive intent, moving the ball quicker, the work rate increased and they were much more aggressive in their challenges. The equalised after 62 minutes after a fine cross from Tapping on the right and he found Sam Nicholson coming in at the back post to bullet a header into the net from close range. Hearts continued to press and missed a couple of half chances as did Clach. Just when it looked like it would end in a draw, sub Callum Wyllie found himself in space on the left, in the 91st minute, and drilled a low shot across the keeper and just inside the far post for a winner that they just about deserved thanks to their 2nd half performance.

Best for Hearts were McKay, Mullen and my MOTM Jordan McGhee who, for a 15 year old looks every bit of an U20 prospect.

None of the trialists looked any better than the players we already have.

Great report. Thanks a lot.

Did many people turn up to watch?

Was the linesman from Leith?

Remnants of Standards

I was there and have a few observations. The strip is quite honkingly beautiful. (without wonga)

There is a lot to feel upbeat and positive about watching that team today in particular Fraser Mullen.

It was also nice to see a fair turnout of jambos when their was a first team game on.

Lastly, if scottish football is to survive/flourish it's incumbent upon us all to start supporting our local team if we can't make it to a Hearts game.

Clach are a case in point; a real community club who almost went under a few times. Currently striker coached by Robbo, teams like Clach remain the beating heart of the game-running SFA sanctioned courses for hundreds of kids per week.

We really are all in it together.

Footballfirst

Great report. Thanks a lot.

Did many people turn up to watch?

Was the linesman from Leith?

There were probably only around 100 there today with maybe 25 or so supporting Hearts, which I think is a bit disappointing for Clach. The half time pie was ok though.

The linesman was a knob of the highest order and mystified everyone both with the penalty and an offside decision from a goal kick (you can't be offside from a GK)

There were probably only around 100 there today with maybe 25 or so supporting Hearts, which I think is a bit disappointing for Clach. The half time pie was ok though.

The linesman was a knob of the highest order and mystified everyone both with the penalty and an offside decision from a goal kick (you can't be offside from a GK)

:teehee: Lino obviously pi$$ poor FF.Must have been a decent effort to come back and win game ,especialy with trialists and probable language issues.

Great start for the academy with 3 cups in the bag and a solid start for the 20's with what looks a very young squad with some stepping up and doing so well.

well done to 12's /14's at Foyle cup. :D

After The Watershed

I was there and have a few observations. The strip is quite honkingly beautiful. (without wonga)

There is a lot to feel upbeat and positive about watching that team today in particular Fraser Mullen.

It was also nice to see a fair turnout of jambos when their was a first team game on.

Lastly, if scottish football is to survive/flourish it's incumbent upon us all to start supporting our local team if we can't make it to a Hearts game.

Clach are a case in point; a real community club who almost went under a few times. Currently striker coached by Robbo, teams like Clach remain the beating heart of the game-running SFA sanctioned courses for hundreds of kids per week.

We really are all in it together.

Well said.

As they are my local team I follow clach most of the time as due to work and money I can't get down as often as I would like.

Great wee team to support and I'd encourage any Inverness based jambos to follow them.

Money is tight, players only get about ?15 a game. A good few of the players are good enough to play for teams in the highland league who pay more but choose to stay. Great team spirit.

Imagine footballers not going where the money is!

The club is owned by a fans trust which today I signed up to.

To be honest its better value for money than the SPL.

yvonnejambo

It's 1st time I've been there but good ground and easy for parking, but for me my local team would be ross county. There are quite a few decent players in the Clach team and I wish the club success

Well said.

As they are my local team I follow clach most of the time as due to work and money I can't get down as often as I would like.

Great wee team to support and I'd encourage any Inverness based jambos to follow them.

Money is tight, players only get about ?15 a game. A good few of the players are good enough to play for teams in the highland league who pay more but choose to stay. Great team spirit.

Imagine footballers not going where the money is!

The club is owned by a fans trust which today I signed up to.

To be honest its better value for money than the SPL.

I'm needing to renew my trust membership. Great wee team.

Totally forgot about this today and happened to pull on a Clach top heading out fishing. Glad it never hurt the wee hearts.

I was also in attendance today, thought Tapping had an excellent first half Brad mckay was easily man of the match, i also pressume there are some scouts traveling with this team and if that is the case will most likely have another look at clachs no 9 (urquart). ?8 to get in was an absaloute joke to then pay another pound to get in the stand was even more crazy, we looked poor and i disagree with the above post about Mullen having a good game, he didn't seem upto it at all. No 7 trialist looked to be a good player but tried and failed many tricks before being taken off injured, poor game McKay motm.

jamboinglasgow

The Mail on Sunday is reporting that Rangers newco is likely to be put in the SPL U20s league. To be fair when it was created a few months ago, it came with an allowance that any club from the lower leagues who met the requirements for youth development could join the league (though seems that was only supposed to be first divsion but obviously it didn't think a club with the youth set-up and facilties of Rangers would be lower than the first division.) Rangers would join the 12 SPL teams plus Falkirk, Livingston and Hamilton to make a 16 team U20 team.

Footballfirst

Any 20's games over the next week?

Away to St Cuthbert Wanderers on Tuesday, then at home to Sunderland on Friday and away to Dalkeith Thistle the following Tuesday.

Any relation to Eddie?

Always remember talk of him having the potential to be very good if he just got the head screwed on. For whatever reason seems to have not applied himself and dropped down the leagues/out of football.

Footballfirst

Any relation to Eddie?

Always remember talk of him having the potential to be very good if he just got the head screwed on. For whatever reason seems to have not applied himself and dropped down the leagues/out of football.

Fraser's surname is Mullen, not Mearns. I last saw Eddie play for Tynecastle FC against Hearts U19s in a friendly at the start of last season. He did OK but he is now playing at a level away below his potential. I don't know the reasons behind the decline.

I remember seeing him playing with Hearts U19s a few years ago and I too thought that he could make it. He was like a dog with a bone, closing down opponents, making tackles and winning the ball back. After he left Hearts he went to Dundee, then Berwick but didn't make it there either, before dropping down to the Juniors with Bonnyrigg. He is still only 23.

Fraser's surname is Mullen, not Mearns. I last saw Eddie play for Tynecastle FC against Hearts U19s in a friendly at the start of last season. He did OK but he is now playing at a level away below his potential. I don't know the reasons behind the decline.

I remember seeing him playing with Hearts U19s a few years ago and I too thought that he could make it. He was like a dog with a bone, closing down opponents, making tackles and winning the ball back. After he left Hearts he went to Dundee, then Berwick but didn't make it there either, before dropping down to the Juniors with Bonnyrigg. He is still only 23.

Thanks for clearing that up. Obviously Im familiar with Mullens.

Really only 23? I heard he was a bit of a hot head on the park but generally a decent guy into the bargain. Dont know him personally though. Sometimes when you've dropped down like that its just not worthwhile dodgy between part time footy and employment.

A few boys I know prefer to play juniors and work rather than have the travel expenses and inconvience of travelling for a league team. Sometimes its just not worthwhile.

Footballfirst

Ediie was born in 89 which put him in the same Academy age group as Gowser and Temps. He also played alongside Eggert who was a year older and some who were a year younger such as Mark Ridgers, Gary Glen, Johnny Brown, Jonny Stewart and Stephen Husband.

The Mail on Sunday is reporting that Rangers newco is likely to be put in the SPL U20s league. To be fair when it was created a few months ago, it came with an allowance that any club from the lower leagues who met the requirements for youth development could join the league (though seems that was only supposed to be first divsion but obviously it didn't think a club with the youth set-up and facilties of Rangers would be lower than the first division.) Rangers would join the 12 SPL teams plus Falkirk, Livingston and Hamilton to make a 16 team U20 team.

They do not have an SFA licence yet and the way Sally is mouthing off they are unlikely to get one! No chance they will be accepted, they do not accept proposed sanctions against Oldco in fact they still believe they are the other Ugly soon to be dead!

Thanks for clearing that up. Obviously Im familiar with Mullens.

Really only 23? I heard he was a bit of a hot head on the park but generally a decent guy into the bargain. Dont know him personally though. Sometimes when you've dropped down like that its just not worthwhile dodgy between part time footy and employment.

A few boys I know prefer to play juniors and work rather than have the travel expenses and inconvience of travelling for a league team. Sometimes its just not worthwhile.

Was at school with Eddie, really nice guy. Always has time to stop & chat. Believe he is still at Tynecastle

I seen him up at Dundee a fair few times & was never really given a chance

jamboinglasgow

Is there a game tomorrow v QOS at Spartans.Or maybe a 1st team game.

Mark Ridgers is talking about a bounce game this afternoon, so would presume it will be the players who did not start against Dunfermline and a few others.

Archived