Train derailed - Dunfermline...

jambo_

winningways

From STV

Train derails with 30 passengers on board after hitting landslide

Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:07:12 GMT

A train has derailed after hitting a landslip on the Fife Circle line.

Around 30 passengers and two crew members were on board the 2.17pm Newcraighall to Edinburgh service.

The front carriage came off the tracks between Rosyth and Dunfermline Town when it hit a landslide at 4.10pm. The incident is believed to have happened near Pitreavie Industrial Estate in Dunfermline.

There are not believed to have been any injuries as a result of the derailment.

Fife Fire and Rescue are at the scene checking the carriages to make sure everyone is off.

A spokeswoman said: "Firefighters are in attendance of a train derailment at the back of Pitreavie Industrial Estate. We are currently carrying out checks on the train. So far no casualties have been reported."

Trains are not running between the two stations and ScotRail has announced there will be cancellations and delays to services in the area.

The firm is expected to update on alternative transport and how long the line will be closed later on Wednesday.

It's lucky everyones OK :thumbsup:

That's 4 derailments in the UK in the last 2 weeks :o

The Comedian

Was driving in that area earlier. The wee side road that runs along that line from the first roundabout in Rosyth until the TA barracks on Elgin St was mental.

Also outside Culross was heading to my folks but had to reverse as the road was blocked off. Someone tried to cross the water but the car conked out in the middle.

:jjyay:

Not the smartest move when the water was above the headlights.

A work collegue is out at this incident at the minute. Thankfully i'm not on call this week or it'd have been me called out to the incident.

Glad there are no injuries.

The weather is just totally screwing up the rail network nationwide.

A work collegue is out at this incident at the minute. Thankfully i'm not on call this week or it'd have been me called out to the incident.

Glad there are no injuries.

The weather is just totally screwing up the rail network nationwide.

That's not helping. It was cows on the track in Pembrokeshire though, and I'm not sure what caused the derailment in reading the other week there.

Archived