What about going to Carlisle next season?

FORTHCLYDE

Got my email about renewing like everyone else but I can't make up my mind.

But have you seen where Carlisle are in league one? They are second top if they get promotion they will be in Championship next season with Derby Fulham maybe Brum plus maybe Watford Ipswich Sheff Utd Wolves Plymouth Cardiff QPR Preston Coventry Norwich and maybe Leicester quite a lot of former big names. Now I'm not a Carlisle fan but it's only 99 miles away. It's an idea. I'm not married so I don't have the choice to go shopping. Reasonable replies please been going to Tynecastle for 40 years but this is the most depressed I've felt in that time. What's the burds like in Carlisle?

Genghis Khan

But have you seen where Carlisle are in league one? They are second top if they get promotion they will be in Championship next season with Derby Fulham maybe Brum plus maybe Watford Ipswich Sheff Utd Wolves Plymouth Cardiff QPR Preston Coventry Norwich and maybe Leicester quite a lot of former big names. Now I'm not a Carlisle fan but it's only 99 miles away. It's an idea. I'm not married so I don't have the choice to go shopping. Reasonable replies please been going to Tynecastle for 40 years but this is the most depressed I've felt in that time. What's the burds like in Carlisle?

Sorry, Heart of Midlothian FC are my one and only true love.

It wouldn't matter if I was at Premiership game, if Hearts were playing at the same time I would constantly be thinking about our match

Couldn't support anyone else

The Old Tolbooth

Carlisle are in the process of throwing automatic promotion away, they were much farther in front than they are now and have allowed the pack to come back to them. I hope they come up, but I fear another hard luck story is on the cards.

Just noticed they have 2 home games left against Notts Forest, and Yeovil. They need to avoid defeat against Forest, and they should beat Yeovil, they still have a brilliant chance of going up.

boabyarsebiscuit

I nearly went on Saturday to see my ex-local team Southend United beat Carlisle 2-1 with a last minute goal by Lee Barnard (Charlie Mulgrew scored the first goal, he's a very good player by all accounts). Carlisle are slumping slightly, and could be caught, most likely by Donny Rovers, or maybe Forest, who have a massively better GD.

If Southend make the playoff final, I'll go.

By the way, if you'd ever been to Brunton Park before, you would not be suggesting regular attendance. Once a season suffices - it's not the most welcoming place in the UK.

Went down there for a match against Scunny last season. Back in December 06.

Bit of a dump I have to say. But it's only an hour or so on the train. And as you say, decent teams if they get into the Championship.

Scunny had their turn this season & blew it. They are relegated but have played some big games this season.

As for me & my household, we shall be at Tynecastle.

it will never get that bad that i would travel 99 miles on a train every second week to watch carlisle get humped as they will in the championship should they make it.

Carlisle are in the process of throwing automatic promotion away, they were much farther in front than they are now and have allowed the pack to come back to them. I hope they come up, but I fear another hard luck story is on the cards.

Just noticed they have 2 home games left against Notts Forest, and Yeovil. They need to avoid defeat against Forest, and they should beat Yeovil, they still have a brilliant chance of going up.

last 2 games are against millwall(a) and bournemouth(h).been about 13-14 times this season as i can get to most of their midweek games.less than an hour from where i live.good day out on a saturday and the train is less than a fiver to dumfries.if they don,,t go up automatically then i think they,ll stay in division 1.their early season away form is coming back to haunt them.as long as that leeds **** don,t go up it will guarantee another sell out next season.

Nucky Thompson

Carlisle is a hell hole and they hate Scottish people:cool: If I wanted to watch decent English football, it's only 90 minutes on the train to Newcastle and an extra 30 minutes to Sunderland.

Go & watch your local junior side. It'll be cheaper & better value for money than the standard of matches in the lower leagues. Also, the right back will still be better than Robbie ;).

Tokyo Drifter

Well I am a Carlisle fan. I grew up in Cumbria and they're my English side so I've been watching their progress with interest this season. Not sure they're going to do it, though: two points ahead of Doncaster and an away game on Saturday. Brunton Park regularly sees crowds of 9000-11,000, though, and if we get up to the Championship I reckon they'll be up around 14-15K barrier. 'Mon the Blues!

Carlisle is a hell hole and they hate Scottish people:cool: If I wanted to watch decent English football, it's only 90 minutes on the train to Newcastle and an extra 30 minutes to Sunderland.

If the OP is considering abandoning Hearts because they''re sick of expectations being inflated only to be dashed on the rocks of bitter disappointment and the goings on at the club becoming a soap opera then possibly St James Park isn't the ideal alternative.

Heart of Midlothian FC is the only club for me and any game would always come second to the Hearts game even if it was Real Madrid v Barcelona.

Supported Hearts for 40 years and your talking about burds :eek:. Surely be woman by now you would want..

I will stick to Hearts thanks..

last 2 games are against millwall(a) and bournemouth(h).been about 13-14 times this season as i can get to most of their midweek games.less than an hour from where i live.good day out on a saturday and the train is less than a fiver to dumfries.if they don,,t go up automatically then i think they,ll stay in division 1.their early season away form is coming back to haunt them.as long as that leeds **** don,t go up it will guarantee another sell out next season.

super leeds will go up , either by getting the points re-istated as they should be or by hopefully humping carlisle at wembley. 15 POINTS WHO GIVES A *** SUPER LEEDS AND WERE GOING UP

My wife is a Hull City supporter & because of where we live I've seen them more than Hearts for the past few seasons. This year they're doing well & might get up to the Premiership, and my wife's on about getting a couple of season tickets for next season. However, regardless of their success or how often I see them, my thoughts are always with Hearts & always will be.

kennygarland1

Just wondering but is your surname Trotter?

heartgarfunkel

I've moved down to the Borders and only live an hour away from Carlisle. I've been to 4 or 5 Carlisle games in the last year or so, and while they'd never replace the Jambos obviously, I do like watching football there. Proper terracing, you can get a bevvy in the ground, and my Scotchness has never caused a problem. Amusingly, visiting supporters often taunt them with the chant 'You're just a small town in Scotland.' It's a good day/evening out.

The Old Tolbooth

Crikey, so they are, I just noticed I looked at fixtures from earlier in the season as the site had not been updated :confused:

Still hope they come up, although have to agree with Boaby when he says it's not the most welcoming of places.

feedtheroman2

I sent a link of this thread to my Carlisle supporting friend. Here is his reply;

"All Hearts fans are very welcome at Carlisle ? We have visited Tynecastle several times in the past supporting the Jambos ? We have seen the Soap Dodgers and the Forces of Darkness both cheat you (that was never a penalty by the way) jeered , and laughed at, the Hibees , sung the European Song in Robbos, sung proudly, "Oh the Hibees are Gay" and generally got in to Jambo mode

I am supposed to look like Bobby Williamson (He's got a Monkey's Heid too!), or so i'm told!:evilno:

One problem with Jambos coming to Carlisle for Championship football is that our promotion is looking less and less likely. We are currently riding the crest of a slump and unless we get two wins from two games we will be going nowhere, as we will not beat any of the 4 clubs in the playoffs

We never have a dull season as you will see if you look at our recent history and our owner DOES seem to do things right ? He doesn?t pick the team or want to play

There are worse ways to spend your Saturday afternoon than being at Brunton Park (easy access via Jct 43 M6)

You can still stand on the terraces, you won't understand what we are singing / shouting, the Brunton pasty is legendary and you can get a pint in the Beehive pub next to the ground

Give it a go its how football should be

A pre season friendly would be fun?"

Are you going to Carlisle to watch the footy or try to get a shag?

100years..haha
Well I am a Carlisle fan. I grew up in Cumbria and they're my English side so I've been watching their progress with interest this season. Not sure they're going to do it, though: two points ahead of Doncaster and an away game on Saturday. Brunton Park regularly sees crowds of 9000-11,000, though, and if we get up to the Championship I reckon they'll be up around 14-15K barrier. 'Mon the Blues!

Being a Forest man am delighted that we have managed too pull it back to 3pts with 2 games to go.I was actually down for the Carlisle V Forest game a couple of weeks ago.Great result for Forest thou how we got it i'll never now,as Calderwood is so defensive away from home.

However since that result against Carlise our form has picked up again and am starting to believe that maybe Doncaster & Carlisle are starting to feel the pressure knowing that any slip up now and we'll be in there.

On the note what Carlisle is like ***** & hole come into mind,thou great for pubs as there's loads of them in the main street just outside the train station.

Come on You Reeeeeeddddsss!

There are worse ways to spend your Saturday afternoon than being at Brunton Park (easy access via Jct 43 M6)

You can still stand on the terraces, you won't understand what we are singing / shouting, the Brunton pasty is legendary and you can get a pint in the Beehive pub next to the ground

Give it a go its how football should be

A pre season friendly would be fun?"

Drank in the Beehive. Also the pub in the main stand.

Very welcoming & friendly. Mind you, we were buying all the rounds! :rolleyes:

Good day out.

PS - loved the look of the terracing.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Could never support another team regardless of the situation at Hearts.

Go along and support grass roots football if you need to go to a game.

The Jambo Janny

Maybe OP should try the Ladies League. Best of both worlds Fitba and Burdz:p

bang on m8

Archived