Robbo - in person

Punks No Deid

Punks No Deid

Nearly 100 paying punters at The Murray in Polbeth sat waiting last night for the legend to make an appearance.Unfortunately it was a no show and his agent either had his phone turned off or chose not to answer the numerous calls from the staff. Pretty shabby in this day and age with mobiles etc.. a quick call or a text isn't too much to ask eh? Mibbe sounds over dramatic but lots of guys I spoke to had paid for taxis, changed work shifts etc.. to be there.. but even worse was how do you explain to wee jambos like Lawrence Lammie (age 8) who sat waiting till 10 o'clock - that the guy his dad Chief n Uncle Scott told him was a footballing great couldn't make it and we don't know why?? Fair play to the guys in The Murray like Marie, Wullie n Rab H who did their best but but there's not much they can do when its a no show with no explaination why - shabby doesn't come close :down:

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is poor. My auld man was there, as he is every night!!!, and looking forward to it. He had a weeks holiday, couldnt play golf cause of the monsoons and now a no show from the wee man. He is the jinx I tell you

You're probably right, Ally McCoist did this to Craig Levein during his testimonial year and thought it was ok to phone and apologise to Levein 2 days later because something came up, not serious. With all due respect Ally, Craig Levein can listen to your shite anytime, it was every paying punter you should have apologised to.

However, before criticising Robbo you should find out that nothing serious has actually happened. If he has let you down I'd expect the wee man to make up for it. Extremely unusual behaviour from him.

What was this for

I think it was just a personal appearance where he spoke about his career and general stories. They had one with Frank MacAvennie before that went well

Punks No Deid

You're probably right, Ally McCoist did this to Craig Levein during his testimonial year and thought it was ok to phone and apologise to Levein 2 days later because something came up, not serious. With all due respect Ally, Craig Levein can listen to your shite anytime, it was every paying punter you should have apologised to.

However, before criticising Robbo you should find out that nothing serious has actually happened. If he has let you down I'd expect the wee man to make up for it. Extremely unusual behaviour from him.

Didn't criticise him personally Shaggy, I questioned the silence ..as I said how long does it take to make a call, or even send a text?

Didn't criticise him personally Shaggy, I questioned the silence ..as I said how long does it take to make a call, or even send a text?

I totally agree. You are right that in this day and age calling in is easy.

I didn't criticise McCoist until I found out it wasn't a serious thing that resulted in his no show. Mate of mine (Hibby who ran the four-in-hand) organised the Levein do and everyone had paid ?50 each. Very embarrassing for him and I seriously felt his pain.

LoveTheHearts

Reminds me of last month at the Craig Gowans memorial match at Saughton with Hartley, Quitongo & Scott Brown not showing

I was there last night pretty poor from Robbo but still had a good night drinkingthumbsup.gif

Punks No Deid

I was there last night pretty poor from Robbo but still had a good night drinkingthumbsup.gif

to be fair..me too JB, party at Chiefs :teehee:

Im sure i heard they are trying to get a hold of him today to reorganise it but a few folk were pretty ****** off about it. I think if he did turn up Marie would have went for himlaugh.gif and you dont want to annoy Marie.

Gregory House M.D.

Maybe give the wee man a chance to explain. If something serious has happened in his family or something you're going to look a bit silly.

Can't see Robbo just not turning up for something like that for no reason.

Punks No Deid

Maybe give the wee man a chance to explain. If something serious has happened in his family or something you're going to look a bit silly.

read all the thread big yin.... we're giving him every chance, BUT a phone call or even text (fae his agent or him) takes emmmm how long ? c'mon eh?

Still no excuse to not even bother phoning. It's common courtesy.

I think it was just a personal appearance where he spoke about his career and general stories. They had one with Frank MacAvennie before that went well

The Macavennie one turned into Celtic fans turning on him because he would not answer questions on Rangers problems. There was one for Andy Goram last year it was good because of the banter he was having with Hearts fans in the pub about playing for Hibs he took it well laugh.gif

Punks No Deid

Still no excuse to not even bother phoning. It's common courtesy.

:thumbsup: thanks JW, mibbe its just me but its like the old please n thank u thing ...it doesn't cost n it takes seconds :)

:thumbsup: thanks JW, mibbe its just me but its like the old please n thank u thing ...it doesn't cost n it takes seconds :)

Exactly, Robbo's agent alone has a responsibility to the paying punters

There could be a multitude of reasons why Robbo never turned up, fair enough but his agent has no excuse for not informing the natives, poor stuff really

I wonder if the agent was paid up front :ninja:

Gregory House M.D.

Aye if something serious happened in my family and I was expected at a function that'd be the first thing to cross my mind, to phone my agent or a pub. Sorry but no.

Give the wee man a chance. I'm sure he'll make up for it. We don't know what's happened.

Attended a charity memorial football match yesterday at Spartans ground. Mickey Weir promised to referee. Well we all know what the weather was like yesterday...... but Mickey Weir DID turn up and do the business. Top man!

Punks No Deid

Exactly, Robbo's agent alone has a responsibility to the paying punters

There could be a multitude of reasons why Robbo never turned up, fair enough but his agent has no excuse for not informing the natives, poor stuff really

I wonder if the agent was paid up front :ninja:

:thumbsup: Marie had to calm down the punters and to be fair hats off to Rab H who took it on the chin n let everyone know it was a no show n no response fae "the agent".. here's hoping the legend makes it an even better night..... when it is rescheduled

:ermm:

Aye if something serious happened in my family and I was expected at a function that'd be the first thing to cross my mind, to phone my agent or a pub. Sorry but no.

Give the wee man a chance. I'm sure he'll make up for it. We don't know what's happened.

Did something serious happen ?? must have missed that bit or did you just assume that to help your opinion on the matter

Fact is the wee man never showed, someone should have explained the reason why, why not

ToadKiller Dog

He was on Sportssound yesterday afternoon.

Maybe after hearing Traynot talk pish for two hours he decided he needed to get wasted .

Ray Winstone

I think I speak for ALL Hearts fans when I say this incident has tarnished his legacy at our great club.

ROBBO GTF.

:seething:

Poor show last night. Nowt the staff could do about it to be fair. Still managed a sair heid this morning :thumbsup:

Toxteth O'Grady

I think I speak for ALL Hearts fans when I say this incident has tarnished his legacy at our great club.

ROBBO GTF.

:seething:

He is dead to me

Eh...did anyone notice the weather yesterday? Yes it's shabby not to phone it in - but lets face it - he was in and around Inverness whilst taking part on Sportsound yesterday so lets just wait for a proper apology first.

LoveTheHearts

For your own benefit I really hope your 17 or 18 cos if not i'd be worried about pretty much your views on everything. Your posts annoy my brain

For your own benefit I really hope your 17 or 18 cos if not i'd be worried about pretty much your views on everything. Your posts annoy my brain

:rofl:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Did you put this on here to try and make him look bad?

BobbyJenkins

Nowt wrong with what KF has said there.

Daydream Believer

To be fair, even if something serious happened, I would manage a text or quick call to my work to let them know I wouldn't be in. All he has to do is call his agent.

Nowt wrong with what KF has said there.

No one said he did, though moving from a non turn out to if something seriously happened in my family is a joke

BobbyJenkins

No one said he did, though moving from a non turn out to if something seriously happened in my family is a joke

I took it as, maybe something serious has happened and it would be best to find out first before a thread like this. Its not the first time folk have been jumping on the boys posts. Im just tired of bullshit like that on here frankly.

I took it as, maybe something serious has happened and it would be best to find out first before a thread like this. Its not the first time folk have been jumping on the boys posts. Im just tired of bullshit like that on here frankly.

Oh Boo hoo to you :whistling:

The OP just posted his disappointment and rightly so , others just posted on a flight of fancy strength and were questioned about it, no big deal

Fact is Robbo's agent should have at least returned calls, i dare say he was available prior :whistling:

BobbyJenkins

Crying on my keyboard here laugh.gif

I dont doubt he should have at least returned calls, that wasnt my point was it. rolleyes.gif As you say no big deal eh.

Gregory House M.D.

It was a suggestion of what might've happened and why it was a bit early to go posting slating the clubs highest goalscorer.

For all I know he might've fell asleep on the couch.

i wish jj was my dad

It was a suggestion of what might've happened and why it was a bit early to go posting slating the clubs highest goalscorer.

I don't think anyone has slated Robbo.

People expressed disappointment.

Teuchterjambo

Best bet by a mile on this thread so far - the wee man is no as young as he was and is carrying the odd pound or two as well.:thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

I don't think anyone has slated Robbo.

People expressed disappointment.

They called it a "shoddy" thing to do. All I said was that if something serious had happened they'd end up looking rather silly posting it on an internet forum before Robbo could even explain what had happened.

Better still, what if him and his agent were in a meeting about a job that just came up?

Give the man a chance to explain why he never showed. I'm sure he will.

Seems to me that he couldn't be arsed entertaining moaning arseholes who use internet forums to spread vicious stories.

Looks like wee Robbo was bang on the cash as always.

They called it a "shoddy" thing to do. All I said was that if something serious had happened they'd end up looking rather silly posting it on an internet forum before Robbo could even explain what had happened.

Better still, what if him and his agent were in a meeting about a job that just came up?

Give the man a chance to explain why he never showed. I'm sure he will.

A massive IF appears in the thread when no one caned the legend, only on KB

The Real Maroonblood

To be fair, even if something serious happened, I would manage a text or quick call to my work to let them know I wouldn't be in. All he has to do is call his agent.

Maybe it has nothing to do with his agent.

Or is an agent like a wife you have to ask their permission to do anything.

Johanes de Silentio

Maybe it has nothing to do with his agent.

Or is an agent like a wife you have to ask their permission to do anything.

If someone is booked to make a public appearance, they, or their agent, should call to say they're not gonnae make it.

Crabbo is just a phone call away.

The Agent does not sound up to much.

Robbo should get him to explain and then boot him.

Archived