Another Gordon Smith screw up !

Rabbie_Burns

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't think this is news to be fair. The SFA can suggest the plan to UEFA but UEFA can approve or reject it as it is their competition.

Smith obviously peed off his former employers when he left!

Rabbie_Burns
Where is the "screw up" you suggest?

In that they (Smith/SFA), couldnt even submit their application to scupper Queens entry into UEFA cup in time

Hagar the Horrible

Its all worked out for the best!

QOS are going to be far better in Europe than the Hibs?

Hibs will be knocked out of the Inter tattie cup before we even kick a ball i anger!

So well done to GS for not getting the rules changed in time? besides QOS could still win the cup and qualify outright and not by the back door?

grumpyjambo

Gordon Smith is well out of his depth at the SFA, the sooner someone takes over there who knows what they are doing the better.

The member clubs agreed to have this change put in place. The gfa's incompetance by submitting this request to UEFA too late has cost whoever finishes 4th a place in Europe.

I'm sure they'd have a case for suing them for negligence.

Drew Busby !

They didn't bother to get it in on time because the old-firm are unlikley to ever be disadvantaged by this situation. As things stand the bigot-brothers are guaranteed europe by filling 2 of the top-3 slots every year ... or by winning the cup outright.

What happens to anyone else is of little or no importance to the GFA.

UEFA have decreed that cup runners-up get into the UEFA Cup (formerly Cup Winners Cup) if the cup winners qualify for the Champions League. This has been the case for as long as I can remember which is why the likes of England, Germany and France have also had to send second division teams to Europe in recent seasons. If Gordon Smith had done his research he would have known this before spouting off to the media. UEFA competitions have been revamped for 2009-2012 but it is still unclear whether cup runners-up will be excluded from the UEFA Cup, it will be discussed in August. But bear in mind that Platini is a big promoter of national cups, we might not get the decision we expect.

Guest juvehearts
Gordon Smith is well out of his depth at the SFA, the sooner someone takes over there who knows what they are doing the better.

i agree.

my 8mth old daughter could do a better job that him. :evilno:

Campbell Ogilvie for example?

Say What Again

The BBC have just dug up an old story here, this was reported at the time - 6 months ago!

Archived