Ian Black has agreed to sign for Rangers (merged threads)

robbodog

livingstonjambo

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/109273-ian-black-agrees-to-rangers-move-depending-on-their-league-status/

Ian Black has reached an agreement to sign for newco Rangers if the Ibrox club gets a positive outcome on its league status.

STV understands that, depending on what league Rangers will play in this season, the former Hearts midfielder will become their first signing.

Currently, Charles Green?s new company cannot register players with the Scottish FA. However, after holding discussions with manager Ally McCoist, Black has indicated he would complete a deal, depending on Rangers? league fate.

The new company formed by Green to continue the club?s legacy, following the commencement of liquidation at the financially crippled old company, is currently applying for membership to the SFA.

Black, 27, started his career as a youth at Blackburn Rovers but failed to break into their first team and instead signed for Inverness Caledonian Thistle in 2004.

A five year spell at the Caledonian Stadium, during which he scored eight in 144 appearances, led to a free transfer to Hearts after his contract expired in 2009.

rossthejambo

Assuming Black will only be joining if Rangers end up in the 1st division or better, I won't be watching much Scottish football to care.

Shows I was right about him being a rasper though, in spite of his undoubtedly good footballing ability. Rather play for Rangers in the first division than go challenge himself down south. Cretin.

ToadKiller Dog

Ian Blackleg , let's taint this game royal blue will be rangers ST catchphrase .

Stupid boy a Blackie you are worth more than the cheaters .

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Despite Rangers fans HATING him, he's willing to play in the first division for them?

Just sums up Scotland tbh.

Shocking :blink:

No European football anyway...is he crazy???? Where is his ambition???

Assuming Black will only be joining if Rangers end up in the 1st division or better, I won't be watching much Scottish football to care.

Shows I was right about him being a rasper though, in spite of his undoubtedly good footballing ability. Rather play for Rangers in the first division than go challenge himself down south. Cretin.

[/quote

im not one for going OTT....but agree here 100 per cent.....no legacy as a hearts man......

Obviously know something that we all don't as why would any up and coming talent move down 3 leagues?

The sound of cash being banged upon.

He's playing in Scotland?

Oh, I'll not see him then at least.

3fingersreid

I guess this will mean that Gary Mackay will be even more unpopular with Mr Romanaov

i might be being stupid here but i thought rangers couldnt sign any players and where are they getting the money to pay him a good wage?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Gary MacKay... Does someone want to text him some other phone numbers? I can't work out if he is an agent or a Hun/newco scout sometimes. :D

Gregory House M.D.

Could've been worse. He done a medical with Hibs.

rossthejambo

Further proof of his idiocy.

mahgrassyshoes

Has he not looked along the M8 and seen that most of the rats are jumping ships. I'm having a bad day today and this kind of shit doesn't help!verymad.gif

el_jambo74

You have to laugh at Scottish football ? Rangers bump us for ?800k for Lee Wallace, plead how Scottish football will be ruined if they go to the 3rd division, then cherry pick players SPL clubs (who pay their debts) can?t afford.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I thought the transfer embargo was on registering players with the club... Precluding them from signing any free agents as much as ones with a price tag?

the general

Despite Rangers fans HATING him, he's willing to play in the first division for them?

Just sums up Scotland tbh.

be interesting to see just how fickle they are ?

I don't think it was his choice to leave Hearts, he can do what he wants. Football is his job.

that wouldn't have been worse. at least Hibs haven't stolen our money to pay him with.

Gregory House M.D.

Newco Rangers don't have a transfer embargo.

Guest Alex Guttenplan

be interesting to see just how fickle they are ?

Bit like us with Webster.

It was one thing our best players going to Rangers when they were winning trophys, but now they don't even exist really and we still lose out to them.

Still, is its the only decent offer he's had, I don't blame him.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

How much was he on with us? Say it was 4k a week. The missing Wallace money could have paid him for another FOUR years.

brunoatemyhamster

Cant see this being right FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS! :yucky:

Expect him to sign for SION any day now. :whistling:

Gregory House M.D.

How much was he on with us? Say it was 4k a week. The missing Wallace money could have paid him for another FOUR years.

It wasn't 4k a week. Maybe after bonuses but he wasn't on ?4k a week basic.

magicjohnston

Surely this story must be sh!te?! No quotes or anything...or is that wishful thinking?

PLUS, why would he agree terms, when this nonsense seems that it might go on for another few weeks, surely he would want to have a contract with a club set in stone and ready to start a new season, not just d!ck about until rangers learn their fate?

SO gutted if this turns out to be true! :down:

Apathy starting to set in with me with regards oldco, newco, the governing body and media! things never change! :verymad:

HillmanHearts

Really annoying !!

But he has every right to go where he wants to earn a living as we chose not to continue his employment with Hearts.

If Newco get into SPL or even the 1st then its a decent move for him as teams don't seem to be breaking down his door.

Don't get me wrong I'll be p*ssed off to see Newco at Tynie next season and even more so with Blackie bossing the MF for them !!

( surely with all the other departures we could have kept Blackie !! )

Jam Tarts 1874

Newco Rangers don't have a transfer embargo.

Sevco 5088 do not have any affiliation with the SFA and therefore cannot hold any player registrations.

Hibee Hater

So they dont pay half of the money they owe us for wallace then they sign black because we cant afford him (maybe if they gave us the wallace money we could) sounds about right no wonder people hate them.

Archived