Travelling around the world

willie wallace

willie wallace

Hi guys

Going travelling in november to india, china, vietnam, cambodia, thailand, malaysia, australia (where i will work for around 6 months to a year) new zealand, fiji, USA, and South africa.

Was just wondering if anyone knew of good or really reliable (and most importantly cheap) forms of travel insurance? not quite sure where to start looking as its not just a 2 week holiday its a long time and dont want to get ripped off.

Another thing Im wondering about is, what is the entry requirements to get into australia with a working visa? I've heard stories saying that you need at least ?3000 pounds in your account and that you need a return ticket out of australia (both things of which i most likely wont have) so if anyone who has experienced this could shed some light it would be awesome.

Also If anyone knows any great money saving tips and just travelling or backpacking trips in general for these kind of places that would be great :thumbsup:

cheers

Auld Reekin'

Hi guys

Going travelling in november to india, china, vietnam, cambodia, thailand, malaysia, australia (where i will work for around 6 months to a year) new zealand, fiji, USA, and South africa.

Was just wondering if anyone knew of good or really reliable (and most importantly cheap) forms of travel insurance? not quite sure where to start looking as its not just a 2 week holiday its a long time and dont want to get ripped off.

Another thing Im wondering about is, what is the entry requirements to get into australia with a working visa? I've heard stories saying that you need at least ?3000 pounds in your account and that you need a return ticket out of australia (both things of which i most likely wont have) so if anyone who has experienced this could shed some light it would be awesome.

Also If anyone knows any great money saving tips and just travelling or backpacking trips in general for these kind of places that would be great :thumbsup:

cheers

Take a look at Flexicover.co.uk - they often have some good & cheap deals on insurance. No idea whether Flexicover are any good at paying-up (are any of them? :huh:) as I've never had to make a claim. Also do a search on Moneysupermarket - that's how I found Flexicover - and see what they come up with.

Bindy Badgy

I've been to Oz and New Zealand on working holiday visas. Neither of them bothered to check if I had the necessary funds to leave.

chrissyd2003

I would advise to just get the basic backpackers insurance, cover you for medical and other major mishaps. I wouldn't bother insuring your valuables etc to cut the cost and just be careful with them and dont bring anything with such a high value that you cant replace or is attractive to a thief..

1/2 months into your travels your bag will reduce in size and weight with the things you thought you would need but never use!

Hi guys

cheers

Archived