Very nasty bug

Captain Lithuania

Captain Lithuania

I don't know what's wrong but I've caught it from my mum who had it before me. I'm shiteing like a garden hose of brown, horrible water and puking almost every time I drink. I've a headache and just generally feeling crap. Anyone else had this?

Captain Lithuania

Sounds like baw cancer.

Ordinarily, I'd laugh and joke, but really I've never experienced sickness like this. And the pain in unbearable!

Nucky Thompson

I don't know what's wrong but I've caught it from my mum who had it before me. I'm shiteing like a garden hose of brown, horrible water and puking almost every time I drink. I've a headache and just generally feeling crap. Anyone else had this?

Were you at the victory parade :unsure:

winningways

Doesn't sound good.Been ill myself the last week or so but with something different.Hope you feel better soon.

If its really that bad get on the phone to NHS24.

If its not that bad, you've got the really bad bum AIDS

Chris Benoit

Aids

Some good news though it's like measles you can only catch it once so no need to worry

Captain Lithuania

Were you at the victory parade :unsure:

I was in the stadium and on Gorgie road that day but I wasn't aware these were the symptoms of legioneers.

Sounds similar to what my missus has had this week.

Sounds like norovirus. Could be with you a couple of days or a week but make sure you keep trying to keep your fluid intake going even though if feels like it's not even staying in your body long enough to do anything. It is contagious so you shouldn't really be around many people until 24 hours after your last symptoms.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Norovirus/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Konrad von Carstein

If its the norovirus, you have my sincere sympathy, had it in Tenerife over Xmas a couple of years ago. 3 days of uncontrolled spewing and *ahem* excretion from the erse, headache, fever and totally wiped out for 5 days of the 7 day holiday. Also had chronic heartburn for months afterwards.

On the plus side lost about a stone and a half :(

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Been pissing out my arse all day the day. Had to keep running to the bog at work. Stomach hurts like ****.

Everyone in the Chapstick household has had it this week with me starting it off but only really lasted for 24hrs

Just read this thread, had forgotten what I had for lunch, but after reading this I remember now because I just through it all up on my desk. Funny I don't remember having carrots. :yucky:

Captain Lithuania

Does anyone who's had it have any remedies. Particularly the vomiting as I feel incredibly dehydrated but I'm struggling to keep water or anything else down.

J.T.F.Robertson

I arrived home on the 17th May and not too long after that started blowing this green snot. A couple of weeks later and I was coughing it up, then coughing it with blood in it.

I went down to visit a mate in Chester a couple of weeks ago and really started to feel like crap ..... fever, chills, headache etc., I was pretty sure I'd caught the dreaded LD, so much so in fact, that when I dragged myself up to the Slateford Clinic, a week past Tuesday, I took a bag along with me in case they wheeched me off to the hospital.

Anyway, the doc reckoned I'd contracted an upper respiratory infection, but to be on the safe side, she had me tested, in any case. (it eventually came back negative)

She put me on a week's regimen of anti-biotics and after a few days, I started to feel better.

Thought I'd share that wee story with you. :teehee:

Drink small sips of water to keep you hydrated, but without causing you to spew.

Tough it out, and you'll be ok in a day or 2.

davemclaren

I have similar symptoms but i am just back from india yesterday so there could be a connection...

Maiden Gorgie

If you can stomach them try and have some Lucozade Sports drinks (not the fizzy ones though!)

I had really bad food poisoning a wee while back and my doc recommended that i drink these. Was the same as you in that i couldn't stomach much and these provide you with energy that you will be missing out on if you are not eating.

Small sips.

Hope you feel better soon

Its the plague mate. I had it just before the final last month. Fortunately recovered a couple of days before the 19th or I wouldn't have made it through. Dont worry it will pass. Just stay away from everyone with your germs and all thumbsup.gif

Is it the brown rain? laugh.gif

Edit: I shouldn't laugh cos I had something similar, but then again my mates weren't too sympathetic either laugh.gif

Morgaro Gomis

Aids

Some good news though it's like measles you can only catch it once so no need to worry

Seven posts before this. Standards are slipping JKB, standards are slipping...

Archived