Jambos

skacel goal

He Who Cannot Be Named

I may be interested in a Dundee bus, but waiting to see the outcome of the Rangers situation to determine wether I'll be back next season.

Probably a long shot, but do we reckon there might be enough Tayside jambo's to get a weekly game of 5's on the go? Even if folk have to bring their non-jambo mates. I am willing to organise if there is enough interest.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
skacel goal

I may be interested in a Dundee bus, but waiting to see the outcome of the Rangers situation to determine wether I'll be back next season.

Probably a long shot, but do we reckon there might be enough Tayside jambo's to get a weekly game of 5's on the go? Even if folk have to bring their non-jambo mates. I am willing to organise if there is enough interest.

what???? another Hearts fan in Dundee lol

yes, so whats the script with the Raith match???? hahaha

Captain Price

Good shout mate, I know of 3 (including myself) and judging by the way this thread is going there will be enough :thumbsup:

skacel goal

this thread is getting better now people,

so where and when we playing 5's and when we getting details arranged for matches etc : )

Robbo-Jambo

this thread is getting better now people,

so where and when we playing 5's and when we getting details arranged for matches etc : )

You forgot your lol !!

:lol: :lol:

skacel goal

You forgot your lol !!

:lol: :lol:

lol am always laughing mate.

hello Captain Price, The Uprising, Allyjambo. are we going to Raith then?

we gotta bus organised yet?????

woooosh haha

Captain Price

woooosh haha

I'm not going to Raith. I was thinking about getting a bus organised for all the home games next season, not for the Raith match. Sorry...

Would love to start a 5's team with other people on here, or other Hearts fans.

Would be good. Is there not 5's pitches up by Tannadice and Dens, or are they for the the football clubs training?

Unless the uni pitches could be used?

Captain Price

Would love to start a 5's team with other people on here, or other Hearts fans.

Would be good. Is there not 5's pitches up by Tannadice and Dens, or are they for the the football clubs training?

Unless the uni pitches could be used?

There are pitches up by Tannadice. It's astro turf. These pitches are used for the J League (little kids matches). I don't think you can book them. As far as I know, United train at St Andrews University so that's not a problem. There is Soccerworld which is pretty good. Think it's quite expensive though. I'll check and get back to y'all.

woooosh haha

bus for the home games i reckon

not enough interest for a friendly

not sure if i am going to Raith

Captain Price

Okay, so Tayside Hearts supporters bus and jambo 5's then dudes??? LOL haha

I reckon you're going to be quite annoying on this bus.

Robbo-Jambo

Reckon you could be right Captain P. LOL :(

Napoleon  Wilson

:lol:

grumpyespana

Happy days I miss the old Perth & Kinross bus.

Grumpy.

the best of luck with the bus.i helped run the bus from perth and its not as easy as it sounds to run a bus, it takes up a lot of your time.you have to fund raise to help keep the costs down especialy if your bus is not full every week .

Gussie park isn't available for 5's, but here is the link for Soccerworld.

Soccerworld

Would we have the commitment / ability to enter for next seasons league, or would it be a strictly "friendly games" business?

Should meet for a kickaround in Baxter Park / Riverside first to assess cases of "lazy *******itis" :ninja:

Captain Price

Would we have the commitment / ability to enter for next seasons league, or would it be a strictly "friendly games" business?

Should meet for a kickaround in Baxter Park / Riverside first to assess cases of "lazy *******itis" :ninja:

Count me out now then, I'm about 5 stone overweight :lol:

Count me out now then, I'm about 5 stone overweight :lol:

A goalkeeper has been found :ninja:

Captain Price

A goalkeeper has been found :ninja:

Was my natural playing position believe it or not!

:sob:

skacel goal

what makes u think this???? lol

woooshhh :)

skacel goal

so who's all in then haha???

Tayside Hearts supports bus

Tayside Hearts' 5 a sides

Raith Rovers versus Hearts (2 weeks today)

el oh el : )

im in for the bus, dont go to all the games but would certainly go to more if there was a bus

im only 1-2 stone overweight so i will play centre half :lol:

skacel goal

well lads, this thread is turning into a success by the sounds of it.

LOL, so lets pick up the pace and establish definites on numbers????

are we all playing fives then or meeting in a boozer for discussion on getting "Tayside Hearts" formed??

hahahahahahaha

well lads, this thread is turning into a success by the sounds of it.

LOL, so lets pick up the pace and establish definites on numbers????

are we all playing fives then or meeting in a boozer for discussion on getting "Tayside Hearts" formed??

hahahahahahaha

im up for coming along to see if you do really laugh everytime you speak

im beginning to think you are Dr Hibbert from the simpsons

skacel goal

im up for coming along to see if you do really laugh everytime you speak

im beginning to think you are Dr Hibbert from the simpsons

well im certainly generally a happy chappy!!!

i was born with a smile on my face haha.

Dr Hibbert??? mate, i never watch the Simpsons lol, that joke is very much lost on me haha

I'm not too sure about Tayside Hearts.

What about "Scumdee Hearts"?

Or "Dundee's a shitehole, I don't want to go home" banners for home games at Tynecastle? :ninja:

Or "Dundee's a shitehole, I don't want to go home" banners for home games at Tynecastle? :ninja:

are you 5?

why dont you go live someplace else if its that bad. go to some of the other lovely places in scotland like wishaw or coatbridge etc

are you 5?

why dont you go live someplace else if its that bad. go to some of the other lovely places in scotland like wishaw or coatbridge etc

Face it, Dundee is nothing special.

Once I have my Masters Degree (at a minimum), I'm offski. :ninja:

A 5's team, or a group of fellow Jambos to travel to games with would make this... experience... a lot more bearable :whistling::thumbsup:

ToadKiller Dog

I know a guy did his degree at Dundee was going to go as soon an qualified 20 years later he is still here .

A bus for big games like new year derby where transport is difficult would be braw . I like the train as it lets me drink . Do think all tayside , Dundee hearts fans getting together is a good plan though see what our numbers are . Highland hearts seem to have worked out well .So why not us in tayside .

skacel goal

A 5's team, or a group of fellow Jambos to travel to games with would make this... experience... a lot more bearable :whistling::thumbsup:

So we gettin numbers together then mate for fives and matches??? Haha

i never said it was anything special but it is not as bad as the reputation it has.

Thig Ar Latha

I know a guy did his degree at Dundee was going to go as soon an qualified 20 years later he is still here .

A bus for big games like new year derby where transport is difficult would be braw . I like the train as it lets me drink . Do think all tayside , Dundee hearts fans getting together is a good plan though see what our numbers are . Highland hearts seem to have worked out well .So why not us in tayside .

There used to be a Hearts Club in Aberdeen. Might be worth while getting in touch with them to see about sharing a bus for wee games, but running your own busses for big matches. Theres quite a few Hearts fans in the North East. I usually get the train when I go to matches, but if there was a bus running I might go for that option.

i never said it was anything special but it is not as bad as the reputation it has.

I beg to disagree.

Once you've worked in a bookies in the Seagate, and seen the sort of characters that inhabit this place, and even worse, have to interact with them, you'd maybe change your tune :ninja:

I have no personal problems with Dundee at all, it's a very nice place, and has the potential to be so much more than it is. It's just the unfortunately large number of junkies and jakes that live here that bring it down :(

J Cheever Loophole

I beg to disagree.

Once you've worked in a bookies in the Seagate, and seen the sort of characters that inhabit this place, and even worse, have to interact with them, you'd maybe change your tune :ninja:

I have no personal problems with Dundee at all, it's a very nice place, and has the potential to be so much more than it is. It's just the unfortunately large number of junkies and jakes that live here that bring it down :(

Can we stop talking about Leith and get back to the topic?Ta.whistling.gif

skacel goal

Are we any further forward then fella's??? How about gettin details pencilled in then? I.E.e-mail addresses? Phone numbers? Lol : )

I beg to disagree.

You could say the last part about most of scotland.

I beg to disagree.

this has to be the most ridiculous statement ive ever read. of course every bookies in other cities are full of barasters .doctors and airline pilots. :lol:

Some interesting chat on this thread which brings back some memories of the debates over Dundee so here's some totally off topic chat

Spent 1985-90 in Dundee while attending Dundee college (now Abertay). I look back on these times with some "fond" memories;-

The night life

Pubs such as The Old Bank Bar, The Keyhole, Angels, Chevvys, Bensons. On the club side there was Fat Sam's, De Stils, The Coconut Grove :ninja: or even the student unions if you were pushed. The major plus for me was that the city centre was compact and all the places I've mentioned were within 10mins walking distance of each other.

The place

I always refer to my time in Dundee as the "urban decay" period as certain areas were in a bad way (the Overgate was a dying 60's shopping centre!!). Have to say that it seems much improved although to back up the comments about the Seagate it doesn't appear to have changed much. Was disappointed to see the NCR factory has closed as I spent an enjoyable placement there. Not sure what industry is left in Dundee although that question could be asked of a lot of the major cities in the UK.

Just a pity you guys weren't around back then as it was quite lonely travelling down to Edinburgh.

Hope you get something sorted

(A Dundee conversation and not a mention of Dens '86 :ninja:)

this has to be the most ridiculous statement ive ever read. of course every bookies in other cities are full of barasters .doctors and airline pilots. :lol:

When I worked in Corstorphine, the punters weren't allowed in unless they had a Masters, minimum. :thumbsup:

Although you can't really have read that much if that was the most ridiculous thing ever. I'll take it as a compliment though :smuggy:

skacel goal

When I worked in Corstorphine, the punters weren't allowed in unless they had a Masters, minimum. :thumbsup:

Although you can't really have read that much if that was the most ridiculous thing ever. I'll take it as a compliment though :smuggy:

Hello lads, we are going of topic again lol. So what we doing then? Or we just gonna cancel the idea of Tayside Hearts, I hope not cuz we have a decent crew here willing to go for it :)

BRAVEHEART1874

I always refer to my time in Dundee as the "urban decay" period as certain areas were in a bad way (the Overgate was a dying 60's shopping centre!!). Have to say that it seems much improved although to back up the comments about the Seagate it doesn't appear to have changed much. Was disappointed to see the NCR factory has closed as I spent an enjoyable placement there. Not sure what industry is left in Dundee although that question could be asked of a lot of the major cities in the UK.

Just a pity you guys weren't around back then as it was quite lonely travelling down to Edinburgh.

Hope you get something sorted

(A Dundee conversation and not a mention of Dens '86 :ninja:)

I used to work in NCR well when i say worked i would be the only one the place was a holiday camp!!! I will always remember that the best thing i did was gettin the hell out of dundee f chit accent and full of smeltic junkies :woot:

Fair point Braveheart forgot all about Lochee and it's inhabitants !!

Got the impression (based on 6 month sandwich placement mind you) NCR was not a bad place to work. Depends what your job entails I suppose

Still look back and say I enjoyed my time in Dundee but never gave staying a thought. Only regret I have is based on the employment direction I took (defence industry rather than oil)

Good luck to the guys in their efforts putting together some form of supporters club.

cheers

skacel goal

Fair point Braveheart forgot all about Lochee and it's inhabitants !!

Got the impression (based on 6 month sandwich placement mind you) NCR was not a bad place to work. Depends what your job entails I suppose

Still look back and say I enjoyed my time in Dundee but never gave staying a thought. Only regret I have is based on the employment direction I took (defence industry rather than oil)

Good luck to the guys in their efforts putting together some form of supporters club.

cheers

I think we are struggling at the moment mate lol

Archived