TV Adverts of Sorrow - Case File 417

Gigolo-Aunt

Gigolo-Aunt

Well, we usually have one of these every few months. Time to let it all out, folks.

Last times clear winners the BT adverts have been keeping a low profile. They will no doubt have something up their sleeve as they have started a love story and the rule in TV adverts land is you start a romantic story, you finish the story. The British public would not stand for anything else.

I can see them taking it up a wee notch with slap bass boy catching the tidy lassie coming out the shower. Bit or awkwardness, compromising situation, but it will leave the viewers safe in the knowledge that nobody ran away from each other, they kind of stood looking at each other - smiling/then looking at the ground. Meanwhile Geek Boy is in the sitting room playing his console and whilst looking at the game he is playing (he is unaware of what happened outside the bathroom), delivers the killer hook like that makes the nation smile, like we are in with some secret joke, "Look at the norks on that". The lassie pops her head round the door with a look on her face that says it all, She surprisingly turns round to slap bass man in the hall and they share a private giggle together. The next episode when then are both coming out of a club (which they did not know either were at) on a pill is set up perfectly.

I really feel my vocation in life was missed.

Anyway, on to Top of the Floppy Disks and this times winner is an advert which starts with a band in the back of the car, they are having a pre gig practice (yup, in the back of a car) and are murdering The Buzzcocks classic "Ever Fallen In Love". Now, at this juncture you probably think this cant get any worse, it can, for the love of god it can. They are playing more than a gig, they are playing at a stadium full of morons who are jumping about whilst the band murder (yup) The Buzzcocks classic "Ever Fallen In Love".

Before I roll the clip, look out for the boy in the back seat of the car with the guitar. True or False, did that make me write a letter to Peter Sutcliffe asking if he has a date for parole coming up and if he was looking for some work? You will never know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ceEEcdhrU

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

:rofl:

I was going to start a thread about that very advert. The seethe when they keep stopping and starting their rehearsal while DRIVING A CAR is extremely strong.

Ruined that song for me and I now hope the Kia is withdrawn from the road due to a fault and more Ford factories are shut down resulting in tens of thousands losing their job, home and wife. :down:

jamboinglasgow

That KIA advert grates me as the constantly stopping and starting again is really annoying.

There was an advert I saw recently which had a the bottom right at the end of the advert something like "story will continue."

This was on a few months ago, the guy is singing a love song to McDonalds, he needs help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIiRwGWKjQA

I thought the England one was quite funny.

"English Summer". :)

PsychocAndy

I turn off the tv or radio is Go compare is on, even David Mitchell couldn't save it.

Archived