What if Rangers didn't get back in

Goodfella

Anyone got any links to evidence that shows the impact Gers not being in SPL next year would have on individual clubs?

NewYorkJambo

Anyone got any links to evidence that shows the impact Gers not being in SPL next year would have on individual clubs?

Difficult to have evidence until it happens. You'll have to wait a few years to see the difference it MIGHT make.

Best you will get now are projections which, will be educated guesswork at best - which most on here will disagree with anyway.

heartsfc_fan

I'm guessing Dundee will take Rangers place if they don't get let into the SPL as a newco?

John McClure

Have a long reas through the rangers administration thread. its been discussed in there before. good luck trying to find it

I'm guessing Dundee will take Rangers place if they don't get let into the SPL as a newco?

I think Dunfermline would stay in the SPL. Can't say I'm 100% sure.

Yes its Dundee who are promoted to SPL. So for Dundee Utd, the loss of revenue from no Rangers games would largely be made up by the return of the Dundee Derby,

Teuchterjambo

In the unlikely event that Newco ( I am antcipating that after the formalities of rejection of the CVA tomorrow that Rangers FC will not actually exist :thumbsup: ) do not get entry into the SPL then I think the application to the SFL may be a bit more interesting than some might think.

Firstly assuming that they would be admitted to Division 3 then that effectively means that there will be no automatic promotion at the end of next season - only hope would be through play -offs, the following year -ditto for Division 2 and the year after the same but without even the possibility of play-off in Division 1.

That means a hell of a lot of meaningless fixtures and denial of clubs legitimate ambitions and all for what - 2 home games against Newco for what would be one season only for all but two clubs (those promoted from 3rd to 2nd and 2nd to first in the first two seasons). Not much of a reward for all the downside is it ? I mean Newco aren't going to take 10,000 to the likes of Albion Rovers or East Stirling are they ?.

I'm not saying that Newco wont get in but they will not be the gravy train that some seem to think for the lower divisions.

southside1874

Help level the playing field in the SPL and therefore generate interest from fans of individual clubs and give a good cash injection to the teams in the lower league if Rangers are admitted to Div3.

Should we adopt the pyramid system in Scotland?

Archived