Scrap the Stand?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

After the AGM and the last few weeks I'm seriously doubting the point of building this new stand.

It's more obvious than ever that we are run by a bunch of incompetent arseholes who have no real interest in the club or what the fans think.

I really would be a lot happier now if we get rid of all our top earners and scrap this stand idea. ?51 million is absolutely ridiculous when you really think about it.

It's going to be half full as well as they have basically admitted the product on the park won't be top quality.

It's going to be the death of us.

Sticks in my throat to say this but we have got to learn from Hibs and copy their approach. :sad:

Dirk Diggler

?40 million or ?90 million, It doesn't matter. We can't trade out of either figure.

A new stand would at least secure our long term future of playing at Tynecastle.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Baws. Let UBIG build it. It means that they are even more in hock and the site clearance for selling Tynecastle means that it is far more viable as a football stadium than a development site for whatever.

Then that way they'll have to put a decent team on the pitch in the hope of making any sort of return.

As I've said before, it's a vanity project for Vlad so let's see how much he wants it.

?40 million or ?90 million, It doesn't matter. We can't trade out of either figure.

A new stand would at least secure our long term future of playing at Tynecastle.

Sadly that's true.

I suppose you could look at it as damage limitation or keeping the debt as low as possible for any potential buyer. (Clutching at straws I know)

I just really think this will be us finished.

We are talking about debt that much bigger teams than us would be terrified about.

Drylaw Hearts

Let them build it.

I have my doubts that Tynecastle will still belong to Club this time next year anyway.

brellierlegend

It is insane to let them build it. I oppose it completely. Like another poster says. Ditch the plans, get the incompotent wage thieves out of the club and start seriously trying to reduce the debt.

davemclaren

The stand is just a trojan horse to get planning permission for the hotel etc.....

If VR has his sums right, the earnings, or sell on income for the hotel, offices etc.. will cover the costs and we get a nice new stand as part of the deal. If he's not right....... :cool:

JF in backing the new stand shock post

I agree just to go for an ordinary stand that cost loads less,god i could'nt believe it yesterday at the game when i looked over at the hospitality and there was around 30 people in it,i have never saw it a empty as that

Dirk Diggler
JF in backing the new stand shock post

JF in wanting Hearts to continue playing football at Tynecastle shock post.

What are your views on the new stand Horse?

JF in wanting Hearts to continue playing football at Tynecastle shock post.

What are your views on the new stand Horse?

As I have posted on here before - something similar to the main stand at Easter Road would be fine by me. Was put up between March 2001 - August 2001. No idea of the cost but I would imagine it was well under ?10 million.

No problem with a new stand but not sure why we have to have all the add on extras. I appreciate the extra revenue they could generate. Maybe they feel if they can't get extra revenue the new stand can't support itself. I don't know. Just feel the whole project is out of our league IMHO.

A nice simple new stand to bring capacity up to 20,000 would do me. Easily pleased:)

Dirk Diggler
As I have posted on here before - something similar to the main stand at Easter Road would be fine by me. Was put up between March 2001 - August 2001. No idea of the cost but I would imagine it was well under ?10 million.

No problem with a new stand but not sure why we have to have all the add on extras. I appreciate the extra revenue they could generate. Maybe they feel if they can't get extra revenue the new stand can't support itself. I don't know. Just feel the whole project is out of our league IMHO.

A nice simple new stand to bring capacity up to 20,000 would do me. Easily pleased:)

I don't care much for the extras either (I wouldn't mind a bar;))but if that's the road they want to go do that's fine with me.

Let them build what they want and let them worry about how it will be paid for.

Like I said, The figures are way past being relevant.

Could they not use the empty space under the Roseburn and Wheatfield stands for hospitality? Must be room to do something I would have thought.

I do remember there was talk of a bar under the Wheatfield at one stage.

maroonedinoz

A trojan horse if ever there was one.

I'm amazed that some people (Vlad among them) think that simply by building a bigger stand our problems will somehow dissapate!

Drew Busby !
Baws. Let UBIG build it. It means that they are even more in hock and the site clearance for selling Tynecastle means that it is far more viable as a football stadium than a development site for whatever.

Then that way they'll have to put a decent team on the pitch in the hope of making any sort of return.

As I've said before, it's a vanity project for Vlad so let's see how much he wants it.

Nail hit head etc.

"We" don't have a say in the building or otherwise of a new stand. However, Romanov is not building a new stand with a hotel attached - he is investing in a hotel in Edinburgh which (for ease of planning) has a stand attached to it. I believe it is really about the hotel and without the hotel there would be NO stand. Give the man credit for realisimg that investment in a hotel near the west end of the capital is a sound business venture and one in which he might get investment funds. The hotel will be the main asset, not the stadium.

jamboinglasgow

In my view a new stand is nessecary. Teams are very short term things, so in the short run people can build up teams that are successful. Increasing revenue isn't, yes you can try and get into the cash cow which is the Champions league but if you want a long term solution of incresed income under which a higher quality team can be built within the means that doesn't increase debt then increase Tynecastle is the only way.

In my view a new stand is nessecary. Teams are very short term things, so in the short run people can build up teams that are successful. Increasing revenue isn't, yes you can try and get into the cash cow which is the Champions league but if you want a long term solution of incresed income under which a higher quality team can be built within the means that doesn't increase debt then increase Tynecastle is the only way.

Even if the increased interest on debt repayments increase more than level of income does? There is no viable business proposition in either Hearts or Tynecastle, Romanov is quite simply off his rocker.

davemclaren
Even if the increased interest on debt repayments increase more than level of income does? There is no viable business proposition in either Hearts or Tynecastle, Romanov is quite simply off his rocker.

You're right re the club and stand. However, the key to this is the accompanying developments. The whole thing depends on the success of them.

You're right re the club and stand. However, the key to this is the accompanying developments. The whole thing depends on the success of them.

Even then it would make no sense for the profit of these developments to be swallowed up by repaying HMFC's debt, I reckon it is almost certain that a seperate company will be created to reap any benefit, if any, of such a development.

As a side point, wouldn't it have been a hell of a lot cheaper to have simply bought and demolished say the Sighthill flats and put a major hotel up there? Far less controversy involved too. Also, if the main source of income of the Tynecastle development was going to be a hotel complex, where did Romanov's initial plans for St Andrew's square fit into the equation? Wasn't that supposed to be a hotel too originally? Just how much hotel space does Edinburgh realistically need?

Don't know about that. The stand will cost money to build but just because it's there doesn't mean the future at Tynecastle is secure.

With the stand underway things will move forward with the additional land, and Vlad will have a hotel there too. Still no reason that the stadium itself couldn't be bulldozed and all that land used for flats, with the hotel / offices retained.

The majority of all "new" stands (ie all bar old main) could be disassembled and used elsewhere, or simply sold for scrap.

Sure, unlikely, but a new stand doesn't guarantee much with so much useful land and a hotel surrounding it.

plastic_bas

Without Romanov we would be pretty much out of business now. We would have sold up and moved to Murrayfield with a worse team than we have now.

The hotel and add ons are the way to pay for the whole developement. Romanov has other investors looking to put money into this, so let's sit back and see what happens. Either way some of us will be right and others will be wrong. But at least we are still playing at Tynie.

Agree the football will need to improve to fill the ground.

Without Romanov we would be pretty much out of business now. We would have sold up and moved to Murrayfield with a worse team than we have now.

The hotel and add ons are the way to pay for the whole developement. Romanov has other investors looking to put money into this, so let's sit back and see what happens. Either way some of us will be right and others will be wrong. But at least we are still playing at Tynie.

Agree the football will need to improve to fill the ground.

For how long? If the plans are delayed a further year should we just accept it? And should we accept pash on the park while we wait for the project to break ground?

No decent manager come the summer and he can shove the stand up his arse.

Archived