New Lager Cans With Widgets

vegas-voss

Anbody had these i got some Fosters and Kronenburg last night.Think it is much better tastes alot more like a pint now.

Heard about them, K1664 are looking to increas the cost of them by around 20%...

20% extra for some bubbles. Na, no for me but interested to try them.

Heard about them, K1664 are looking to increas the cost of them by around 20%...

20% extra for some bubbles. Na, no for me but interested to try them.

Yeah they are dearer,but i had to try them.

Yeah they are dearer,but i had to try them.

I'll definitely give them a bash but cant see me wanting to get them as a regular in my fridge.

Just contemplating opening a beer a or not, was up all night for bxing and only got up an hour and a half ago.... but its almost 3pm... quandary!

I have had breakfast tho.... hmmm

Have to keep an eye out for them!

Lager from supermarkets is pretty cheap, so I wouldn't grudge paying a little more for a better taste. It's only gonna work out about an extra 10p per can

Have to keep an eye out for them!

Lager from supermarkets is pretty cheap, so I wouldn't grudge paying a little more for a better taste. It's only gonna work out about an extra 10p per can

Aye and why buy ten when you could get eleven normal cans! ;)

Era Macaroons

tried the k1664 ones....and found the widget a bit annoying

its like having a golf ball (well slightly smaller) rolling around in the bottom of your beer

bugs the hell out of you when drinking the last third of the can and this ball rolls up and smacks the top of the can

tried the k1664 ones....and found the widget a bit annoying

its like having a golf ball (well slightly smaller) rolling around in the bottom of your beer

bugs the hell out of you when drinking the last third of the can and this ball rolls up and smacks the top of the can

Your are supposed to pour it into a glass.

haha, I didnt even think when I read his post as I'd never drunk out a can with a widget and that's why.

Era Macaroons

cheers for the tip!!:blush:

but how do you get the widget in the glass?

(wee gag)

Currently testing the fosters in-scuba cans.

Does taste exactly like a pint of draught lager.

Sadly a pint of sodding skol draught lager :sad:

Nowhere near as good as behaven,guiness widgets.

Although will continue testing with the remaining 7 cans.Opinion may change by the end of the night :cool:

Stewart MacD

The 400ml Guinness cans here have had the widgets for many years, along with other imported cans. You must pour it into a glass.

Anyway, who wants to drink straight out of a can? A bottle, perhaps at a party/barbie, but a can - so common!:P

I've had a case of the Kronenbourg and they are really good. They should be chilled in the fridge overnight ot at least eight hours. Get your hands on a proper Kronenbourg glass and they taste much better than most pints you get in the pub. The technology seems to have moved on considerably since the widget cans of ten years ago. Ten out of ten for me.

Era Macaroons - oh dear.

Era Macaroons
I've had a case of the Kronenbourg and they are really good. They should be chilled in the fridge overnight ot at least eight hours. Get your hands on a proper Kronenbourg glass and they taste much better than most pints you get in the pub. The technology seems to have moved on considerably since the widget cans of ten years ago. Ten out of ten for me.

Era Macaroons - oh dear.

I know....im ashamed, its just that its hard to find a clean Kronenbourg glass when Im sitting at Haymarket 'bench garden' wi ma cairy oot.:o

Archived