West Lothian Half Marathon

Budgie.

Anybody else running in this tomorrow?

Starts in Bathgate then goes through Blackburn, Seafield and Livingston and back to Bathgate.

Do The Dance

Guaranteed to get some quick times there! I'd be sprinting through those areas.

Bert Le Clos

:lol:

Beat me to it.

peter_hmfc

:rofl:

For a while I thought this was going to be a returning Miss West Lothian thread.

0c7.jpg

Jaap's Sigh

Anybody else running in this tomorrow?

Starts in Bathgate then goes through Blackburn, Seafield and Livingston and back to Bathgate.

Yes Damon. Me and another good Hearts man are running this. Hopefully better attendance than last year.

Yes Damon. Me and another good Hearts man are running this. Hopefully better attendance than last year.

Excellent.

Probably be wearing the new away top. Come over and say hi. :thumbsup:

Jaap's Sigh

Excellent.

Probably be wearing the new away top. Come over and say hi. :thumbsup:

No problem. Will look out for you dude.

Edit - what time are you expecting to run?

No problem. Will look out for you dude.

Edit - what time are you expecting to run?

About 9.30am.

:biggrin:

Doctor FinnBarr

We'll have them in Blackburn regardless!

:whistling:

Doctor FinnBarr

Better missing blackburn and running through the peat moss! Little bosnia lol

Where you from then Chuck?

Where you from then Chuck?

EC origanally stayed in elm terr for two years then seen sense and scatterd away!! Few good folk but **** if your an outsider no chance

Doctor FinnBarr

EC origanally stayed in elm terr for two years then seen sense and scatterd away!! Few good folk but **** if your an outsider no chance

Elm Terrace? Is that one of the new streets where the academy was?

Your right tho, no chance for an outsider, I still get called an "incomer" from 20 year olds, I'm 51 and lived here for 50 years FFS

:down:

Elm Terrace? Is that one of the new streets where the academy was?

Your right tho, no chance for an outsider, I still get called an "incomer" from 20 year olds, I'm 51 and lived here for 50 years FFS

aye before they built the new scheme hard to find jambos in the area overun by the weegie uglies cudny count on one hand how many jambos i met but always one old boy maybe 50/60s outside javids giving me praise for wearing the famous B-)

Doctor FinnBarr

aye before they built the new scheme hard to find jambos in the area overun by the weegie uglies cudny count on one hand how many jambos i met but always one old boy maybe 50/60s outside javids giving me praise for wearing the famous B-)

When I was young it was a MASSIVE JT village, Freddie Gliden, Alex McCrae both came from here but the weedge watered things down.

Ha ha. You got a projected time for the 13 miles I meant and you know it!

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

My 10k time is 55 minutes so I'll be happy if I do it in about 1 hour 55 mins.

To be honest I'd be delighted with anything under two hours as my knees have been sore recently. Will be wearing a brace on my right knee tomorrow and a support on the left.

Got my music sorted. Divine Madness playlist for the first hour then some pumping dance beats for the rest of the way. :thumbsup:

Jaap's Sigh

Well that's me back home and showered. Still buzzing. Posted a 1hr 44min time which I'm delighted with. A full 10 minutes off last year's time.

Saw Damon Albarn finish with a flourish by doing the Beattie over the finish line - shirt off and everything. Not 2 bits of him going in the same direction! Haha.

Nice one dude.

Well that's me back home and showered. Still buzzing. Posted a 1hr 44min time which I'm delighted with. A full 10 minutes off last year's time.

Saw Damon Albarn finish with a flourish by doing the Beattie over the finish line - shirt off and everything. Not 2 bits of him going in the same direction! Haha.

Nice one dude.

Hehe! Well done on your time mate, absolutely superb!

My knee was agony the last two miles so promised myself that if I made the finish line I would do the Beattie:)

Can barely walk now though and got an ice pack on my knee! :(

Jaap's Sigh

Hehe! Well done on your time mate, absolutely superb!

My knee was agony the last two miles so promised myself that if I made the finish line I would do the Beattie:)

Can barely walk now though and got an ice pack on my knee! :(

Cheers!

When I passed you during the run I noticed your knee support had slipped down your leg and was round your ankle. That was around the 7 mile mark I think. Probably best to keep any weight off it for a few days.

Liked the pic. I think that there's definitely a resemblance!

What happened to the Hearts top? I only knew it was you when I clocked the Hearts' socks.

Cheers!

When I passed you during the run I noticed your knee support had slipped down your leg and was round your ankle. That was around the 7 mile mark I think. Probably best to keep any weight off it for a few days.

Liked the pic. I think that there's definitely a resemblance!

What happened to the Hearts top? I only knew it was you when I clocked the Hearts' socks.

Thought I would wear the Cash for Kids top to raise a bit more awareness for the charity.

Wish I could keep the weight off for a few days but things hectic at school just now so no chance of taking a sick day. :thumbsup:

Yeah, a great cause. Was that your first half marathon?

Yeah, only done 10ks before apart from the first leg of the Edinburgh Marathon last month which was ten miles.

Archived