Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs

WavyGravy

I dont know Mr John Hunter. I'm 100% certain he and his colleagues do fantastic work for and on behalf of Hearts supporters and it is beyond question that he is a commited Hearts fan. But please sir, dont go on Sky Sports News and start the usual tub thumping anti Romanov schtick in my name. I personally disagree with about 75% of what you have just said on screen yet the perception of non Hearts supporters and possibly even people within the club is that uou speak for everyone. To staert bringing corrupt bankers into is just purile.

I wish no ill to Mr Hunter (whom I'm sure will be known to many people in here) but I hope any further communication with the media is slightly better thought out in the future

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Saw that. What an arsehole.

So out of touch with the fans and just taking the opinions of his wee exclusive boys club.

EdinburghLivi

Totally hypocritical. Telling Romanov to "stay away", whilst greeting about Sergio not getting a similar deal when Hearts are downsizing without his investment.

Can't have it both ways.

super_vlad

i usually give people in the Fed the benefit of doubt as i do think they do actually care deeply about hearts.

But

This season, i'm actually starting to hate all of them, they are suppose to be represent hearts fans? can u name me one thing they have done all year to benefit the fans or the club? How can u claim to speak for me when no one has a clue who you are or what you do? Look at the cup final display, it was a bunch of well minded hearts fans on here that decide to do something, and went to all the trouble with canvasing opinion and designs and then following thru with it. what have they ever done. We need a strong fans body to make our voices heard but to interact both fans from the fans to the board and i'm sorry these clowns do nothing but provide themselves with positions!

Yeah...sur he is a decent chap but his squeels are most certainley not representitive of wat i think.........sur they want sumonez view of support but this guy shouldnt b fronting the supporters views again.....no no...........get al mclaren or terry mccann.....not a old boy muttering away nonsense......

Probably the kind of roaster moaning at Romanov for punting JJ in the first place and bringing in Sergio.

These old farts are so out of touch it's unreal.

I'm not a member of the Federation, I do know John, and I agree he's still living in the past but I don?t think the Federation are here to represent "All Hearts Fans" they represent their members - I'd suggest its up to them to censure John Hunter and the media to stop portraying them as the fans reps.

Not in my name.

I'd rather we got ourselves sorted financially and then pushed on. If that means reduced offers and people rejecting them, then fine.

We all have a choice. Mine is the long term financial stability of the club first.

Craigieboy

He comes across as a complete knuckle dragger.

Never, ever will such an illiterate fool represent my views on Hearts.

I don't think Mr Hunter is a federation spokesman and hasn't been for a long time.

He's apparently on their exec committee.

Listed as Orwell Hearts.

Needs to be told to make it clear that what he says is a personal view only & has no real substance

Each and every hearts fan knows that to a degree we are down grading financially which although are not pleasing to the hearts fans at times but we are all in agreement that changes have to take place.

Vlad wants to sell the club - no secret - but in turn he wants to make the club look attractive to potential buyers so will clear off some debt, lower the wage bills and make the club make more profits.

People also forget the new financial constraints that UEFA have introduced for financial fair play for European qualification - clubs must show at least three previous seasons of profit or breaking even.

Now with Sergio he was getting paid not only by hearts but also by sporting Lisbon by ways of a pay off for losing getting sacked at sporting. I would probably Guess that he is looking for a similar wage that a championship manager is on so where is the sense in vlad doing all this cost cutting, losing top stars on the pitch only to blow it all on a manager?

Yes of course we are disappointed that sergio is not staying on. Under the circumstances he did a unbelievable job but the players who have also left played their part too. Why isn't the federation getting on their high horse about that?

To make hearts stronger both on and off the park everyone connected with the club will be making sacrifices. Who knows on a few years time we might even be debt free but until them no point living in a dream world! Make do with the situation, get behind the new manager whoever they are and get right behind the cup winners for the seasons ahead!

He's apparently on their exec committee.

Listed as Orwell Hearts.

Needs to be told to make it clear that what he says is a personal view only & has no real substance

So his views will probably be that of Orwell Hearts at most? There doesnt seem to be any real link now between club/supporters groups and fans anymore. Kickback seems a place where most Hearts fans share views, always thought something like this should have a spokesman or 2 that could go to suporters groups to voice this section of hearts fans concerns

Tommy Wiseau

Oh, good, one of these dweebs has pitched up to slate Mr Romanov like a wind up monkey again.

Embarrassing :vrface:

It's because of clowns like him that most people have absolutely no interest in joining a supporter's club.

They do only represent their members but I wonder just how many of their members feel well represented this afternoon? Not very many, I'd think. The press have to find someone to talk to, just a shame they sought out someone with views older than Methuselah.

:oldsad:

Thing is, I bet they knew perfectly well they were being treated to unrepresentative ramblings but in the end it makes better "mad Vlad" telly/news so they'd be delighted with it anyway regardless. Meh.

I'm not a member of a supporters club - are all the committees full of 'old boys' with views like this?

broughies tach

I think the whole idea of the Federstion is now dead in the water and only continues due to a bunch of self serving wanna be's They lost the little respect I had for them when they came cap in hand looking for a donation after miss managing their finances for years Also one of the inner sanctum verbally abused my 75 year.old man for not buying a ticket for a raffle they had organised No idea if Mr Hunter is still part of the cabal but he still spots rubbish like he is

Each and every hearts fan knows that to a degree we are down grading financially which although are not pleasing to the hearts fans at times but we are all in agreement that changes have to take place.

Vlad wants to sell the club - no secret - but in turn he wants to make the club look attractive to potential buyers so will clear off some debt, lower the wage bills and make the club make more profits.

People also forget the new financial constraints that UEFA have introduced for financial fair play for European qualification - clubs must show at least three previous seasons of profit or breaking even.

Now with Sergio he was getting paid not only by hearts but also by sporting Lisbon by ways of a pay off for losing getting sacked at sporting. I would probably Guess that he is looking for a similar wage that a championship manager is on so where is the sense in vlad doing all this cost cutting, losing top stars on the pitch only to blow it all on a manager?

Yes of course we are disappointed that sergio is not staying on. Under the circumstances he did a unbelievable job but the players who have also left played their part too. Why isn't the federation getting on their high horse about that?

To make hearts stronger both on and off the park everyone connected with the club will be making sacrifices. Who knows on a few years time we might even be debt free but until them no point living in a dream world! Make do with the situation, get behind the new manager whoever they are and get right behind the cup winners for the seasons ahead!

This!

It's because of clowns like him that most people have absolutely no interest in joining a supporter's club.

That's what I wanted to say but didn't have the balls. :biggrin:

I've thought about it in the past but this stuff really does put me off.

is the fed the one where it's a secret what goes on at their meetings? :lol:

Vlad-Stupid

is the fed the one where it's a secret what goes on at their meetings? :lol:

I remember that :lol:

Be good if kickback or someone not connected with the federation could counter this hunter bloke's statement!

Colonel Kurtz

Be good if kickback or someone not connected with the federation could counter this hunter bloke's statement!

From what ive read on this thread I doubt if any of them could manage an interview on Balamory

Can we not do a poll, if 80% or above agree for someone like Dexter (sorry dex just used you as your a mod but just an example) then we can make a statement stating what the fans of kickback think? Just ways of utalising what the fans of this board feel

From what ive read on this thread I doubt if any of them could manage an interview on Balamory

Ooh. Cutting.

Member of the Federation are we, Colonel?

laugh.gif

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Saw the interview and thought 'what the ...' He should have merely said 'sorry to see Paulo Sergio leave, he's a great guy and we wish him well. We are gratefull to Mr Romanov for bringing him to Hearts, without them both Celtic would have won the Cup this year.'

Colonel Kurtz

Ooh. Cutting.

Member of the Federation are we, Colonel?

laugh.gif

No you dont know how funny that comment is.

However there are some on here who would be happy to sit with their gobs open whilst Romanov pisses on them.

Colonel, did you wear your Elvis outfit to this years final?

Can we not do a poll, if 80% or above agree for someone like Dexter (sorry dex just used you as your a mod but just an example) then we can make a statement stating what the fans of kickback think? Just ways of utalising what the fans of this board feel

80% and above agree Hibs are shite, I'm happy to tell sky that :thumbsup:

Vlad-Stupid

Problem is, only 5%* of the board aren't complete idiots.

*Generously speaking

Saw the interview and thought 'what the ...' He should have merely said 'sorry to see Paulo Sergio leave, he's a great guy and we wish him well. We are gratefull to Mr Romanov for bringing him to Hearts, without them both Celtic would have won the Cup this year.'

Now now Ally you don't know that - remember Hibs only lost because Craig Thompson was the ref and he's a Hearts fan who hates Hibs because he really hates Celtic and Hibs and Celtic wear green, so actually in Hibbee-logic Hibs would have won the cup, I think I've got that right - defo the refs fault though !!

If people aren't happy then they should instruct their supporters club (assuming it is affiliated) to instruct the federation to remove Mr Hunter from his position.

Regardless of what he has said, I've not seen the interview yet, he represents the Federation and it is portrayed as though that is the official voice of the support which, as everyone knows, is a nonesense inasmuchas the views of this board cannot accurately reflect the views of the entire Hearts support.

Sterling Archer

Problem is, only 50 of the board aren't complete idiots.

Colonel Kurtz

Colonel, did you wear your Elvis outfit to this years final?

No I sported a Spanish themed ensemble,which was universally lauded on our bus.

I also have never wore an Elvis outfit,as I dont think jumpsuits flatter the fuller figure

The Gasman

Yeah...sur he is a decent chap but his squeels are most certainley not representitive of wat i think.........sur they want sumonez view of support but this guy shouldnt b fronting the supporters views again.....no no...........get al mclaren or terry mccann.....not a old boy muttering away nonsense......

Sorry...? :unsure:

You're accusing him of muttering nonsense? :o

I'm glad you're not representative of my species! :blink:

Problem is, only 5%* of the board aren't complete idiots.

*Generously speaking

:strewth: Just sometimes feel as this is a fans forum, and seems to have fans from all walks of life it isnt always used enough as a voice. As someone said above look at the flag for the final, kickback can be a very powerful tool, even if it is a tool used by idiots ;)

HAHA I can imagine a hatkicker and vladsheep divide again, each with there own spokesman

Vlad-Stupid

:strewth: Just sometimes feel as this is a fans forum, and seems to have fans from all walks of life it isnt always used enough as a voice. As someone said above look at the flag for the final, kickback can be a very powerful tool, even if it is a tool used by idiots ;)

HAHA I can imagine a hatkicker and vladsheep divide again, each with there own spokesman

:lol: That would be great. As long as people don't mind the hatkickers generally communicating through messages written in faeces on the wall.

:lol: That would be great. As long as people don't mind the hatkickers generally communicating through messages written in faeces on the wall.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

can see it now, 2 forums, 1 called hatkickback and kickback :ninja:

Hagar the Horrible

I am sure John, who is an old man gave only his personal views accross, his views I am sure will not or do not represent those of the Federation or you Uber Hearts fans.

And as has been discussed on several other threads thoughout the history of this board is that the Federation is not a Fan group represting all Hearts fans, it is a mechanism for getting a large body of fans too and from games, and as such it clearly staes it only represents it's memmbers. It does have a large member base so can represet a wider view of the Hearts fans i general, most of whom are on this board as well.

Just remember the Federation represents those fans who go both Home and Away to follow Hearts, and its very rare the Fed speaks to the media as its not realy their job, but rather a logistical one. So go easy on those guys who do work hard behind the scenes, rather than the "us plebs" who prefer just to sit, type and critisize, rather than do something like have a life!!!!!

Its amazing how an arguement/debate can be slanted either way.

John Hunter came on and decided to request Vladimir Romanov "stay away", good luck with that one, while he could have easily said. " its very disappointing the loss of our cup winning manager, however we live in difficult times and Mr Romanov has made it clear we would have to live within our means so its not Really a surprise that manager of Paulos quality has not accepted our current best offer. Good luck to him he will be in demand"

All he did was furher fuel the hope in other quarters that there is turmoil at Tynie. I dont think there is any more and probably less than previous years. We are following a path and a path intended to reduce the debt and eventually allow VR to sell. He has been pretty open with this plan and what we genuinely need is someone halting the debt.

I am neither a lover or hater of Vlad but do feel that its best he move on eventually and allow someone to take over with fresh input that may be more readily accepted. Why anyone would buy a football club is beyond me as your on to a loser from the start.

Best I can say about Mt Hunter is its almost as if he said the first thing that came into his head. This situation isnt Vlads fault indeed I could easily accuse him of throwing oo much money away, yes he could have chucked more money at PS but he has made it clear he wont be doing that. I would love to know exactly what was in his contract before commenting more but thats not gonna happen.

Oh shoot he is on SSN again and more cringeworthy every time I see it

Craigieboy

I think one thing we can all agree with, whether or not you are in the fed (I'm not), is that Mr Hunter made an erse of it today.

I am sure John, who is an old man gave only his personal views accross, his views I am sure will not or do not represent those of the Federation or you Uber Hearts fans.

And as has been discussed on several other threads thoughout the history of this board is that the Federation is not a Fan group represting all Hearts fans, it is a mechanism for getting a large body of fans too and from games, and as such it clearly staes it only represents it's memmbers. It does have a large member base so can represet a wider view of the Hearts fans i general, most of whom are on this board as well.

Just remember the Federation represents those fans who go both Home and Away to follow Hearts, and its very rare the Fed speaks to the media as its not realy their job, but rather a logistical one. So go easy on those guys who do work hard behind the scenes, rather than the "us plebs" who prefer just to sit, type and critisize, rather than do something like have a life!!!!!

But people like John must know if they are going to do an interview on camera, and have there postion of 'federation' mentioned they must know they look like they are speaking on behalf of all hearts fans. The only time you ever hear of them is when something negative has happened around the club and they always seem to spout even more negative pish. Why make a comment? He is still in a position where the media and viewers take his views as the views of the majority of hearts fans.

If its not there job to speak to the media why do it every time a negative story appears.

This is the problem with guys like John (and btw I've told him this before) when the TV camera's get rolled out he should really state that his opinion is....blah blah.....and others may not share it. As you can see from this thread its not exactly a good PR excercise for the Federation, and I'm sure many were cringing when they saw him appear.

The membership has dropped over the years and many clubs have shut - I was both Cross Keys and Ardmillan in my time sadly both no more (perhaps I'm a jinx :whistling: ) I'm sure they could do with new members and this sort of thing just kicks off the "they dont represent me" responses.

I would doubt many Hearts fans have a clue what they do and they should perhaps learn from this and try and send out more positive spin.

the general

So out of touch with the fans and just taking the opinions of his wee exclusive boys club.

lol ssys a clique member

shan chat

the general

[/q

the federation does a grand job and speaks for us more than kb does imho

Archived