What if?

Paulo doesn't return to Tynecastle,every chance Vlad would put Lockie in charge then go for another token ex Jambo in management just now to keep the fans happy but I'd hate too loose our boss because of money issues.

Johanes de Silentio

Paulo doesn't return to Tynecastle,every chance Vlad would put Lockie in charge then go for another token ex Jambo in management just now to keep the fans happy but I'd hate too loose our boss because of money issues.

We'll deal with it, like we always do - we've been through a lot of ups, downs, changes, and surprises, haven't we?

If it happens, it might just not be because of money issues, of course - there's always more to it.

We'll deal with it, like we always do - we've been through a lot of ups, downs, changes, and surprises, haven't we?

If it happens, it might just not be because of money issues, of course - there's always more to it.

I know but it is frustrating the amount of times the club shoots itself in the foot just when we start to be moving in the right direction.

jamboinglasgow

I know but it is frustrating the amount of times the club shoots itself in the foot just when we start to be moving in the right direction.

How is it shooting itself in the foot if the club is trying to meet costs to cope in the long term. If we cant afford Paulo, then we cant afford him. Sad but true. Hearts are having to do now what should have been done seasons ago, work within our means. I would love Sergio to stay, but with his pedigree and the fact he won the cup it is always going to be unlikely we can afford his wages now.

We have an option of another year on his contract

surely that must have been agreed at the same wage as his first year or at least a predetermined figure

cant imagine last seasons success will put him out of our price range

surely that must have been agreed at the same wage as his first year or at least a predetermined figure

Saved me typing that :lol:

Maurice Moss

We also reportedly had an option on Black's contract, and Rudi's last summer. I don't think the 'option' we have is as black and white as it sounds, there is probably negotiating to be done, maybe more of a 'first option' where we are entitled to put our offer to them before they can listen to other parties, or something similar. I don't know the situations but given the similar situations we have had regarding the options, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a lot more complicated than simply Hearts saying 'aye, same again cheers Paulo'

Charlie-Brown

Next season if we get into the situation of being unable to pay our wages or tax returns on time then we will be hammered by the SPL therefore we need to batten down the hatches financially and sadly that almost certainly means there is not any or enough in the budget for all of

1) Paulo Sergio + his 2 Portuguese assistants?

2) Rudi Skacel?

3) Craig Beattie?

With a greatly reduced playing staff we shouldn't need as many coaches next season especially with Gary Locke & Darren Murray already there plus the GK coach.

Iam not sure Skacel will get another offer nor do I think Beattie will get an offer on the basis of his fitness and the amount of games he missed v played - cracking player when fit but seems to be another Kevin Kyle in terms of injuries v playing time. I think we'll probably sign another main striker who would cost less and without a history of injuries meaning is likely to be able to play more often.

Buffalo Bill

Prepare for the worse. Hope for the best.

The main reason we beat Celtic in the semi and crushed Hibs in the final is that some very talented people brought their A-game at the right time to the big occasion.

A good manager got his tactics spot on. A top striker came on as a sub and turned the semi in our favour. One of the best midfielders in the country bossed the final. And a Hearts legend scored in both games. All are out of contract, all cost money, and I expect none to return.

I've watched the final back loads of times in the last couple of weeks. The more I watch it, the more I get it.

It was the high point of a mini era. But that era is probably over.

MacDonald Jardine

According to the media the option includes a big rise for Sergio.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Prepare for the worse. Hope for the best.

The main reason we beat Celtic in the semi and crushed Hibs in the final is that some very talented people brought their A-game at the right time to the big occasion.

A good manager got his tactics spot on. A top striker came on as a sub and turned the semi in our favour. One of the best midfielders in the country bossed the final. And a Hearts legend scored in both games. All are out of contract, all cost money, and I expect none to return.

I've watched the final back loads of times in the last couple of weeks. The more I watch it, the more I get it.

It was the high point of a mini era. But that era is probably over.

I think you are probably right. Things change and time moves on, here's to the next era being just as or more successful, when it reaches It's climax. :)

Buffalo Bill

I think you are probably right. Things change and time moves on, here's to the next era being just as or more successful, when it reaches It's climax. :)

Indeed.

Or a more positive note, any replacements, such as Denis Prychynenko will have their chance to show us what they're made of.

We_are_the_Hearts

Next season if we get into the situation of being unable to pay our wages or tax returns on time then we will be hammered by the SPL therefore we need to batten down the hatches financially and sadly that almost certainly means there is not any or enough in the budget for all of

1) Paulo Sergio + his 2 Portuguese assistants?

2) Rudi Skacel?

3) Craig Beattie?

With a greatly reduced playing staff we shouldn't need as many coaches next season especially with Gary Locke & Darren Murray already there plus the GK coach.

Iam not sure Skacel will get another offer nor do I think Beattie will get an offer on the basis of his fitness and the amount of games he missed v played - cracking player when fit but seems to be another Kevin Kyle in terms of injuries v playing time. I think we'll probably sign another main striker who would cost less and without a history of injuries meaning is likely to be able to play more often.

I've heard Rudi has been offered a year but his burd is keen on moving to Los Angeles, something to do with a film career.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Indeed.

Or a more positive note, any replacements, such as Denis Prychynenko will have their chance to show us what they're made of.

I suspect that it will be at least the season after next before any of the young lads really start to stand out but hopefully we will see some encouraging flashes next term to keep us entertained during a campaign that I cannot see being anything other than mediocre... Hope I'm wrong though.

Did you email Hearts by the way? :)

Charlie-Brown

Indeed.

The Scottish Cup Final was a last hurrah and farewell present for what seems like almost half that team & the coaching staff. If they do all go then what a way to bow out and they ensured themselves legendary status.

A new chapter is now beginning for Heart of Midlothian FC next season.

Archived