DereK Watson Speaking For The Fans?

MackaysCentreSpot

portobellojambo1
DEREK WATSON today insisted that the majority of supporters still believe in the Romanov regime despite the club's stormy AGM.

How does he know what the majority of fans think. Has he asked them?

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Still-plenty-of--believers.4000239.jp

I don't think you should read too much into the article heading.

The very fact that the person who wrote it doesn't even know which organisation Derek Watson is a member of speaks volumes for her capabilities, and he doesn't insist that the vast majority of fans still believe in the Romanovs, his words are he THINKS many fans still support the regime, but also THINKS there are many who do not.

I have similar thoughts based on what I read on JKB, but I haven't asked each member individually to tell me exactly what they think, or which camp they fall into, it is a generalisation.

How many times must we go round the self destructive loop of knocking anyone who has been contacted by the press and subsequently been berated for having had the termerity to so be contacted?

It is little wonder the "silent majority" refrain from now posting due to the abundance of keyboard warriors who seem intent on seeing only diametrically oppposite views as the only 2 valid opinions and discourage those who would add to the debate by citing views inbetween. I was talking to an ex-poster today who said he found it really sad that the board had gone to the extent that it was "overun by ********".

Take a chill pill or a relaxing brown/yellow fizzy liquid

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
How many times must we go round the self destructive loop of knocking anyone who has been contacted by the press and subsequently been berated for having had the termerity to so be contacted?

It is little wonder the "silent majority" refrain from now posting due to the abundance of keyboard warriors who seem intent on seeing only diametrically oppposite views as the only 2 valid opinions and discourage those who would add to the debate by citing views inbetween. I was talking to an ex-poster today who said he found it really sad that the board had gone to the extent that it was "overun by ********".

I hear what you are saying.

Now tell us, are you with us or against us...:)

I think you have jumped the gun a bit mate. The OP merely posted a link to the article and posed a reasonable question.

Independence
DEREK WATSON today insisted that the majority of supporters still believe in the Romanov regime despite the club's stormy AGM.

I doubt he has had the chance to ask them all!!!!

However, he is stating the bleeding obvious that KB does not represent the average Hearts fan!!!

BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MackaysCentreSpot

Well look at it this way. People on here keep telling us that JKB is a good representation of Hearts fans and if we go by what we see on here you would have to conclude the majority want Romanov to leave rather quickly.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

However, he is stating the bleeding obvious that KB does not represent the average Hearts fan!!!

BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Looks like I am not the only one half - p*ssed tonight on JKB...::)

Only a Game

I'm not a huge fan of Derek Watson and his organisation's limp wristed approach to what is going on at Tynecastle just now but to be fair to him he did not say what was quoted in the headline or the first paragraph of that report and I dont believe for a minute he thinks its the case that the majority of Hearts fans still believe in the Romanov regime. If he does then he's way more distant from the mainstream support than I actually thought he was.

Regular John

Derek Watson only speaks for his organisation, however in my opinion he is naive in his thoughts and extremely gullible.

If he was charged with conveying my thoughts I would be furious he is so spineless or possibly stupid to think a new manager will materialise.

IMO Derek Watson is a fool and is out of his depth.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Would it be more accurate or fair to say that the majority of Hearts fans want the "Romanov Regime" to be a success but don't think he's anywhere near capable of achieivng it?

Regular John

I'm fairly certain if Vlad were to confide with Mr Watson that there was some hot juicy Hearts gossip on the tip of his bellend he would swallow it whole.

I'm not getting into Mr Watson personally, but where do we get these spokepersons from?

Forgive my ignorance, but I've been a member of a supportrs club since I was 12, and have NEVER voted ayone in.

I'n not joking when I say that when I read an EN, the fans spokesman has never said what I feel. It gets me really ****ed off.

They say 'Hearts Fans Think', without, or at least, not my opinion.

BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your ****ing right it doesn't.

Not spoken to one Hearts fans who can hack the Romanovs, only on here do you find the oh so special fans who still believe in the crook.

Father Tiresias
Not spoken to one Hearts fans who can hack the Romanovs, only on here do you find the oh so special fans who still believe in the crook.

On here and at the AGM where a couple of old fools defended the current regime.

Come to think about it, I'm sure one was from North Berwick. :whistling:

On here and at the AGM where a couple of old fools defended the current regime.

Come to think about it, I'm sure one was from North Berwick. :whistling:

"Fools" were they for not agreeing with you? Oh aye, and less of the "old" as they probably have more experience of the various "regimes" that have blighted the club over the years.

must agree

portobellojambo1
must agree

It is quite frightening how some fans react TJ, Derek Watson states he thinks many fans still support the Romanov regime, which in itself is not incorrect, and is very dependent on how you interpret the word support, and in what context you support them (it is possible to still want Romanov at the club yet want him to change his modus operandi, therefore you support him), but he also thinks many do not have any time for Romanov.

What a fecking earth shattering statement to make, I do not think he could have said anything that is more obvious, and uncontentious, yet still it gets some Hearts fans backs up.

As OAG says the content of the article does not correctly reflect what the headline states.

It is a non story.

Watson is a rogue.

he's been bought by VR. VR must have some photos of Watson doing naughty things when he was wined and dined in Lithuania.

he doesn't speak for me and he is becoming a puppet of the regime.

Archived