U20s pre season schedule

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

I spoke to Darren Murray earlier today and was advised of the following dates for the U20s

Thu 28th June - return to training (1st team return on 2nd July)

Sat 7th July - Berwick Rangers (A) k.o. tba

Sat 14th July - Keyline Cup tournament at Oban 11am start

Sat 21st July - Inverness Clach (A) 3pm

Thu 27th July - Sunderland (H) k.o. tba

Tue 31st July - Dalkeith Thistle (A) 7pm

Mon 6th Aug - Newtongrange Star (A) 7pm

Mon 13th Aug - Start of new season (provisional)

how is his squad lining up for the new season? do they have a squad list and do you know if they'll be bringing in a young player or 2?

obviously he'll have lost a few between releases and promoted players and there'll be a few names step up from younger groups

Footballfirst

how is his squad lining up for the new season? do they have a squad list and do you know if they'll be bringing in a young player or 2?

obviously he'll have lost a few between releases and promoted players and there'll be a few names step up from younger groups

U20s

Jason Holt, Dave Smith, Jamie Walker, Callum Tapping, Fraser Mullen, Kevin McHattie, Brad McKay

U19s

Jack Hamilton, Callum Paterrson, Billy King, Dale Carrick, George Scott, Michael Thomson, Callum Wyllie

U18s

Euan Saunderson, Marcus McMillan, Sam Nicholson, Adam King, Gary Oliver, Mark Keegan

U17s

Jordan McGhee

I understand that they are still following up an interest in ex Real Madrid keeper, David Soria, who if signed would be added as an U20. It is likely that two or three will start off the season with the 1st team squad rather than with the U20s.

jamboinglasgow

FF, did Darren have any idea when the SPL might decide a few more things about the under 20 league, such as the rule on overage players and which (if any) SFL teams are going to join the league?

Footballfirst

FF, did Darren have any idea when the SPL might decide a few more things about the under 20 league, such as the rule on overage players and which (if any) SFL teams are going to join the league?

Still very sketchy - working on the premise that two overage outfield players plus an overage keeper will be allowed on the park at any time, meaning that more overage players could be on the bench and replace another like for like. I don't know the SFL postion.

U20s

Jason Holt, Dave Smith, Jamie Walker, Callum Tapping, Fraser Mullen, Kevin McHattie, Brad McKay

It is likely that two or three will start off the season with the 1st team squad rather than with the U20s.

i'd hope to see virtually all of those players push for some kind of involvement in the first team squad throughout the year, be it only an odd subs appearance for some of them

the geezer

U20s

U19s

Jack Hamilton, Callum Paterrson, Billy King, Dale Carrick, George Scott, Michael Thomson, Callum Wyllie

U18s

Euan Saunderson, Marcus McMillan, Sam Nicholson, Adam King, Gary Oliver, Mark Keegan

U17s

Jordan McGhee

I understand that they are still following up an interest in ex Real Madrid keeper, David Soria, who if signed would be added as an U20. It is likely that two or three will start off the season with the 1st team squad rather than with the U20s.

Still looks a decent squad,good mixture of experience and younger lads.

I have a sneaky feeling that Jordan McGhee will feature for our first team this season.

1338631047[/url]' post='2951349']

I have a sneaky feeling that Jordan McGhee will feature for our first team this season.

Isn't he a bit young ? What position does he play ?

Isn't he a bit young ? What position does he play ?

The answer is kinda yes. However, he is a young centre half and has looked really good the couple of times I've seen him. Stepping up to the Under 19's at a really young age and looking a better defender than the established centre backs, IMO.

I was really impressed with the kid and have a sneaky hunch that he could be the next young player to get fist team football in his teens at Hearts.

Footballfirst

A bit premature methinks. He is still only 15 and will be at school until the end of the month. (He will be 16 in the middle of July)

Dexter - The home friendlies will be played at Riccarton but the U20 League games will be played at Newtongrange.

Looking forward to the Keyline at Oban, always a good day out if the sun is shining...

the geezer

Looking forward to the Keyline at Oban, always a good day out if the sun is shining...

is this over 2 days?

A bit premature methinks. He is still only 15 and will be at school until the end of the month. (He will be 16 in the middle of July)

Dexter - The home friendlies will be played at Riccarton but the U20 League games will be played at Newtongrange.

To be fair, I thought he was a year older. Maybe next season then. ;)

is this over 2 days?

Just the one day - the games are shorter, not full 90 if I remember correctly.

broughies tach

I spoke to Darren Murray earlier today and was advised of the following dates for the U20s

Thu 28th June - return to training (1st team return on 2nd July)

Sat 7th July - Berwick Rangers (A) k.o. tba

Sat 14th July - Keyline Cup tournament at Oban 11am start

Sat 21st July - Inverness Clach (A) 3pm

Thu 27th July - Sunderland (H) k.o. tba

Tue 31st July - Dalkeith Thistle (A) 7pm

Mon 6th Aug - Newtongrange Star (A) 7pm

Mon 13th Aug - Start of new season (provisional)

The 27th is a Friday do you mean Thursday 26th or Friday the 27th ? Need to know while I have my diary open Ta.

Footballfirst

The 27th is a Friday do you mean Thursday 26th or Friday the 27th ? Need to know while I have my diary open Ta.

I copied it from a whiteboard in the coaches area at Riccarton, so Thursday the 27th it is. ;) .

Previous friendlies of this type, e.g. against Newcastle, have been played on Fridays so I'd guess that the 27th is correct, but I can't guarantee it.

I copied it from a whiteboard in the coaches area at Riccarton, so Thursday the 27th it is. ;) .

Previous friendlies of this type, e.g. against Newcastle, have been played on Fridays so I'd guess that the 27th is correct, but I can't guarantee it.

Can't believe it was written wrong & you copied it wrong, shambles all round

Can't get the staff these days

Archived